_Washu_

Level 5
_Washu_
_Washu_
Omega+
IGN: _Washu_
DATE: 17/10/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
An in-game group chat feature implemented on all phones.
- Gist:
A player would create a group chat adding contacts that already exist in their /contacts list. Only said player / owner of the group chat could add or remove participants whenever they needed too. All users in a group chat would be able to see all messages being sent on the group chat the same way they would when receiving regular direct text messages.
- Command:
The groupchat would have a name and maybe instead of just the regular /text command, allow the use of a /gtext [gc name] [msg...] (/grouptext [group chat name] [message...]) to help with differentiating between the two features and prevent duplicate names - that way you wouldn't have issues with a user texting a group chat that has the same name as one of their own contacts.
- Player-limit? :
Group chats could have a player limit? I'm not sure if that helps with server load in any way, otherwise if it doesn't, I would suggest no limit if there are not other drawbacks.
- Offline players:
I'm not actually entirely sure about whether or not offline players should see message history if they weren't around to view it as that could be spammy. If people don't believe its spammy then I'd suggest allowing message history for the last like 24hours be viewable? I'm not exactly sure. But, if for whatever reason implementing message history would cause issues then simply have message history only be viewable for messages sent whilst you're online.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This would give phones more meaning and help communicating better ic. It's a bit tedious having to privately text 2, 3, or more people at the same time about an event when ic without having to use ooc features when you wouldn't want certain people around to see the message too.
Furthermore, it just makes overall communication so much more convenient having a group chat feature. This would also be more realistic as I've personally got like a million ooc groupchats and hardly ever DM people thanks to them seeing as they're just so convenient.

DarkEclipic

Level 155
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Pretty sure this is already being talked about with the social media update

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
already been suggested plus is being implemented im pretty sure (correct me if I’m wrong)

Ashtetic

Level 52
Ashtetic
Ashtetic
Omega+
Believe this is already being implemented at the moment on the social media app ( onrain ) but even so I think this will still be a phenomenal idea but might be hard to implement it Into the game itself ,

Id say I’m on a neutral standard with the feed back! +1/-1!

kustomzero

Level 127
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
If you look at the community Trello page they are already deciding to put a group chat feature icly within the SRP social media platform known as: OnRain.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Believe this is already being implemented at the moment on the social media app ( onrain ) but even so I think this will still be a phenomenal idea but might be hard to implement it Into the game itself ,

Id say I’m on a neutral standard with the feed back! +1/-1!
THIS. This suggestion isn't about onrain but ACTUALLY in game, yk, the text system

CanadianChild

Level 20
Canucktism
Canucktism
Notable
IGN: _Washu_
DATE: 17/10/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
An in-game group chat feature implemented on all phones.
- Gist:
A player would create a group chat adding contacts that already exist in their /contacts list. Only said player / owner of the group chat could add or remove participants whenever they needed too. All users in a group chat would be able to see all messages being sent on the group chat the same way they would when receiving regular direct text messages.
- Command:
The groupchat would have a name and maybe instead of just the regular /text command, allow the use of a /gtext [gc name] [msg...] (/grouptext [group chat name] [message...]) to help with differentiating between the two features and prevent duplicate names - that way you wouldn't have issues with a user texting a group chat that has the same name as one of their own contacts.
- Player-limit? :
Group chats could have a player limit? I'm not sure if that helps with server load in any way, otherwise if it doesn't, I would suggest no limit if there are not other drawbacks.
- Offline players:
I'm not actually entirely sure about whether or not offline players should see message history if they weren't around to view it as that could be spammy. If people don't believe its spammy then I'd suggest allowing message history for the last like 24hours be viewable? I'm not exactly sure. But, if for whatever reason implementing message history would cause issues then simply have message history only be viewable for messages sent whilst you're online.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This would give phones more meaning and help communicating better ic. It's a bit tedious having to privately text 2, 3, or more people at the same time about an event when ic without having to use ooc features when you wouldn't want certain people around to see the message too.
Furthermore, it just makes overall communication so much more convenient having a group chat feature. This would also be more realistic as I've personally got like a million ooc groupchats and hardly ever DM people thanks to them seeing as they're just so convenient.
+1 It can be so hard when you guys are planning something without a GC. And i was thinking of exactly this these days!

Therealnougsoc

Level 10
nougsoc
nougsoc
Fundraiser+
+1
This could be a valuable tool for many players if they are trying to organize a party, murder, meeting, etc..
But this will probably be implemented with Onrain, but I still like the concept.

_Washu_

Level 5
_Washu_
_Washu_
Omega+
To all mentioning ONRAIN, I didn't realize they were planning on implementing a group chat feature on there.

If said groupchat feature were to work the same or in some similar way as texts would with some slight difference in the command to help differentiate between the 2 then I'd say that aligns with my suggestion, but if the groupchat feature for whatever reason is tedious to use or simply unusable then I'd suggest going for a formal group chat feature on phones alone.
It'd probably be best to wait for ONRAIN to be implemented before considering this and see if that doesn't already solve the above mentioned problem.

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Onrain will do this, and group chats from onrain will be accessible both in game and out of game, making this a feature already, whether this suggestion is or is not about onrain, it is already being implemented.

its better to leave it to the social media than to complicate and bulk thinks further with a new system additional to that.

Users who are viewing this thread