Introduce Cross-Faction Faculty Intercom

Should this suggestion be implemented?

• Total voters

ny00m

Level 20
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
I genuinely do not understand how people are giving this -1?
There is usually active faculty who can intercom the other grade if needed
And what about when there isn't? Too bad if you happen to be alone as a professor or teacher I guess? Of course there's the option of pinging your fellow faculty members on discord, but there's no guarantee anyone is able to get online.

I have yet to see a reasonable downside to implementing this, so +1

CakeRPiscool

Level 56
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
I genuinely do not understand how people are giving this -1?

And what about when there isn't? Too bad if you happen to be alone as a professor or teacher I guess? Of course there's the option of pinging your fellow faculty members on discord, but there's no guarantee anyone is able to get online.

I have yet to see a reasonable downside to implementing this, so +1
It’s been suggested before and denied what makes you think it will get accepted this time?

ny00m

Level 20
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
It’s been suggested before and denied what makes you think it will get accepted this time?
I think it's been established that "it's been denied before" isn't really a valid reason to -1 a suggestion. There's been cases of suggestions being accepted despite the same suggestion being denied before.

I +1 not because I think it's going to get accepted, but because I want it to.

CakeRPiscool

Level 56
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
I think it's been established that "it's been denied before" isn't really a valid reason to -1 a suggestion. There's been cases of suggestions being accepted despite the same suggestion being denied before.

I +1 not because I think it's going to get accepted, but because I want it to.
Also there’s been other -1 answers with much detail about why it should not happen. They are very clear as well. Not just because it’s been denied in the past

lobsterrdog

Level 33
Helper
lobsterrdog
lobsterrdog
Omega+
+1

I’ve been the only faculty member online before (scary times) and thank god I was a caretaker at the time so the intercom was no issue, but now as a teacher I don’t have that privilege. If I'm ever caught stuck in a situation where a college student is involved but not present there’s nothing I can do.

If anything allow all of faculty to see all the intercoms I hate not seeing college intercoms anymore because I have no clue when college kids should be in class anymore and everytime I ask over radio I get no response because theyre busy teaching.

Last edited:

Lazeas

Level 47
One it could lead to flooding peoples chat
No it wouldn't.
second it's easily abused, sending a messages to over 90% of the player base can lead to a lot of issues
Faculty, teachers, professors are all chosen by SLT through applications, no? It is their responsibility to pick out the best candidates so it's solely on them if there's an abuser. You should have more confidence in the player base.
That's not the point of suggestions. Even if it got suggested before it can still be reevaluated
-1 interact with your other faculty members instead of doing everything yourself!
What if there's no other faculty to interact with and you need to make an announcement to finish an RP? That's just restricting Roleplay.
There is usually active faculty who can intercom the other grade if needed.
Not even true and doesn't address the problem.

Last edited:

Hamburger

Level 190
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
neutral
I mean, it’s not too hard to reach out to a professor or teacher (unless none are online) but otherwise it is a pretty good idea I guess

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
No it wouldn't.

Faculty, teachers, professors are all chosen by SLT through applications, no? It is their responsibility to pick out the best candidates so it's solely on them if there's an abuser. You should have more confidence in the player base.

That's not the point of suggestions. Even if it got suggested before it can still be reevaluated

What if there's no other faculty to interact with and you need to make an announcement to finish an RP? That's just restricting Roleplay.

Not even true and doesn't address the problem.
my -1 still stands, RP with other people :D

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- The bug that Highschool could see College intercom and vice-versa resulted in a lot of spam. Whilst yes, you wouldn't be able to use this for your class calls and other shorter announcements, we still deem it unnecessary due to the fact that SLT and School Employees can already do this.​
- Whilst it doesn't make realistic sense there's separate intercom systems, Highschool Teachers have Highschool Intercom and College Professors have College Intercom. School Employees act for both College and Highschool which is why they were given permission to do this (often times than not there's at least one employee online).​
- If this situation is targeted towards dealing with fights and other situations (as you said timely), if you genuinely can't find the student and there's nothing else you can do, there's always #faculty-reports which will be checked during the bi-weekly (sometimes monthly) SLT meetings.​

Users who are viewing this thread