mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Irl money Tailoring.

CodyIsHere

Level 1

To be honest, its like 1-5 USD for them. thats not even enough to buy someones attention. Just let the kiddos use mommys credit cad to buy a sub par skin on a block game. Id change my mind if its like 25 bucks or something.

Totalore

Level 138
you're lucky they took my mod perms away, else i woulda just denied this with the power i didnt have as a mod beforehand

dont pay for minecraft skins there are 20000 other things you can better spend your money on. or save up and dont waste money on a temporary minecraft skin!

qbigail

Level 77
Like numerous other people have said, the tailoring service is a player-based faction. This means it is completely run by players and SRP staff do not really play a part in it, or none at all, really. This means staff can't really do anything about it, as this faction is simply just not in their hands. It's fairly simple, there's probably about two or three tailors that I can think of who really push IRL currency requests. If you don't want to pay IRL currency, look for another tailor. There are lots of tailoring servers, so don't just go for the big ones. Support the smaller ones, that don't charge IRL currency so that they can practise and develop their skills. Overall, I think this suggestion is fairly useless- so it's a -1 from me.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
i dont think that's staff's problem- i dont even need to add more, it just isnt the servers busiseness
i also found it funny that a part of this conversation was about meals, it almost made me want to agree w u

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
Just avoid them... a lot of them have options for SRP $$$, it's almost like a side hussle.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
+1

The fact some Players are using SRP as a way to earn IRL money through means that many should agree shouldn't deserve to be paid for with hard currency. But, it's possible this could be made a rule- BUT If you pay IRL money for a skin then thats on you, its honestly not worth it but if a Player feels as if it is worth it then they can take their shot

zaya

Level 37
I've done real money skin commissioning several times already before. I've seen many people do it as well (e.g. PlanetMinecraft and other servers). It is the tailor's choice if they want to be paid IRL money or not. I don't think they should be stopped. Just because people "use" SRP to make a profit, doesn't change anything. It's honestly more for exposure. People do it on PlanetMinecraft. I don't think there is any difference. RPH and PMC are both communities even though PMC is generally just Minecraft as a whole while RPH reflects roleplay.

I do personally think you should be aware of who you are purchasing from with real money. If they are top-rated skin makers then go ahead. You are agreeing to buy something you think you trust. I'd suggest you research multiple skin-makers who do these transactions instead of prohibiting this type of action. It's your choice if you want to buy from them or not. If they reject in-game money for real money, go find a different skin maker who doesn't do real money and is pretty good at skin making.

edit; If you are not being given for what you have paid for/ being scammed (e.g. stolen parts or skins, misleading photos of skins they have created) then you can probably report that if staff allow you to report it. Other than that, there is no need for a ban on this.

Last edited:

Laur

Level 39

The reason for this being, I’ve been playing SRP for a few months and the tailors I choose to request from don’t have an option for IRL money over yen and their clothes are pretty great. If you have a problem with it, find a new tailor instead of making it an official rule. As Cao said it’s too small of an issue to make it a rule, but tailoring styles are quite similar in a way (depending on who you request from) and you can just choose to not order from them.

lamby :3

Level 29
Community Team
Event Team
octoplush
octoplush
Omega
And here's the closing reply unless anyone else wants to reply after this, from me at least, after all the backlash with this I still have to standby my point, getting real currency from making a minecraft skin that makes someone pay $1-7 I make £10 a month at my job atm that means I can afford mmmmhmmm lemme see, 1 skin a month. One and there's so many more like me and what would new players think about the community if you had to pay someone $7 for a single skin also some tailors don't even open for yen, I know some people who do it just to eat and that's fine but some people have an actual job, they go to college and their parents supply them with everything! Hell they could even afford a holiday to butlins for three days, what I'm suggesting is something big yknow, it's not just a simple request, even if there's a rule that caps skins over lets say £5 even that would make it a bit better because SRP is meant to be a fun community, yes we pay for customs, ranks and donations but that's apart of the SRP shop itself, we shouldn't be trying to make currency out of this and just stick with the Yen we're even lucky to have that, tailors have a talent I don't know how y'all do it but I'm proud of y'all and I think you're doing a wonderful thing helping the community but even me getting a toxic on this just proves that some of you are too childish to figure out that you shouldn't be using this game for actual money. Yes you do get customers but they're only your friends!!! I know Deztiny_ mainly gets requests from Rei and Bratphobia who are wonderful I love them all but even then, what if the tailor scams you? What will you do then? How can YOU change the situation well you can't report it to SRP staff because there's no rules or regulations against it. Reconsider.

Laur

Level 39

Not to argue, but as someone said above in the many replies, it’s similar to commissions. Let people do whatever they want! Though it isn’t a typical way to make money, they’re at least earning some money which could help in the future somehow.. Furthermore, if you wish to have a “cap” on the pricing, talk to the tailoring server’s owner about that. Tailoring is a huge part of SRP but SRP staff don’t control it.

My last point is that these words from you: “if you had to pay someone $7 for a single skin also some tailors don't even open for yen” There are plenty of great tailors out there who let you request for yen and only for yen. If you’re low on yen you should find a way to make yen such as applying for an IC job.

Level 29
Community Team
Event Team
octoplush
octoplush
Omega

Not to argue, but as someone said above in the many replies, it’s similar to commissions. Let people do whatever they want! Though it isn’t a typical way to make money, they’re at least earning some money which could help in the future somehow.. Furthermore, if you wish to have a “cap” on the pricing, talk to the tailoring server’s owner about that. Tailoring is a huge part of SRP but SRP staff don’t control it.

My last point is that these words from you: “if you had to pay someone $7 for a single skin also some tailors don't even open for yen” There are plenty of great tailors out there who let you request for yen and only for yen. If you’re low on yen you should find a way to make yen such as applying for an IC job.
Skins take around 1-2 hours to make depending on the tailors mood, I would know I used to be one, and they have multiple requests skins are not art, commissions mainly revolve of people making music or drawing art, let me just add art and making music takes 3 days - 1 week.

Laur

Level 39
Skins take around 1-2 hours to make depending on the tailors mood, I would know I used to be one, and they have multiple requests skins are not art, commissions mainly revolve of people making music or drawing art, let me just add art and making music takes 3 days - 1 week.
Depending on the complexity and appearance of the skin, they take mostly from two days to one week or so. It all depends on the tailor and still, it’s your choice if you want to buy skins from them for IRL or not. I do not see how this affects the SRP community negatively if there are many other tailors who let you request their skins for yen, BUT I somewhat understand your point of view and why/how it is annoying.

Level 29
Community Team
Event Team
octoplush
octoplush
Omega
Depending on the complexity and appearance of the skin, they take mostly from two days to one week or so. It all depends on the tailor and still, it’s your choice if you want to buy skins from them for IRL or not. I do not see how this affects the SRP community negatively if there are many other tailors who let you request their skins for yen, BUT I somewhat understand your point of view and why/how it is annoying.

The reason I think a rule should be put in place, if that tailor scams you thats £7 gone down the drain and due to SRPs rules nothing would be held against said tailor.
Trust me it's happened before, and skins take 1-7 days due to the fact that they have multiple requests!

Laur

Level 39
The reason I think a rule should be put in place, if that tailor scams you thats £7 gone down the drain and due to SRPs rules nothing would be held against said tailor.
Trust me it's happened before, and skins take 1-7 days due to the fact that they have multiple requests!
Ahh I’m sorry to hear that, though I’m pretty sure you can get banned or punished for OOC scamming, and it’s still your responsibility to be aware on the internet of who you speak to and what you buy!

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
The fact that they're minecraft skins doesn't mean that they're not art. The artist has all the rights to do this since it's their art. if you don't want to pay IRL money for it, you're not forced
I wouldn't trust a new player if they've offered to do a skin for IRL money. If you're giving IRL money it's because you trust them. Of course, you wouldn't be the one to blame, but one needs to be sensible to know who to give your money. As for what SRP can do, if they've scammed you OOCly, they may get perm-banned for scamming IRL money. Lying OOCly is a severe rule that can lead up to huge punishments, not to mention that most tailors are affiliated to a tailoring server that makes sure that nobody scams you

crea

Level 14
I am a tailor- but i don't charge IRL money and most people don't but like there's way's around it just find a tailor that accepts in-game money, I think its a personal thing as after all I don't think SRP can have control over everyone's discussions when it comes to creating skins or artwork or way of creative expression, ya get me

bpnny

Level 20

Let them do what they gotta do to get money, some of them may need to charge for ooc payment because remember, they are taking time out of THEIR day to make skins for people, there are many other tailors that take IC payment such as myself so don't complain about people charging money when there are many other tailors that charge for IC cash. It maybe absurd that some people may charge a higher amount for their skins but it's their preference and I don't believe they should be stopped from charging for real money.

Mika

Level 46
Sure, I disagree with buying skins with OOC money since it is MINECRAFT and just a skin that shading will update in a few months, but if they want to buy it, just let them- Their money their choice.​

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
im sorry about that dude but that's the same thing as art, if you aint careful u gonna get scammed. it isnt the servers fault for whatever happened behind scens

it is not the server staff's business on what you spend your money on. so what if it's expensive? just find another tailor, heck! u can make a few skins urslef if u please

Users who are viewing this thread