mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Irl money Tailoring.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Everyone already put their common sense response in but yeah....

Find a new tailor. If you’re having trouble finding one who’s free or does them just for ic money then ask your friends. If not then grab one from namemc and change it yourself. If you recently bought a Minecraft skin for real life money that’s clearly too expensive then that’s on you not on the tailor dude.

lamby :3

Level 29
Community Team
Event Team
octoplush
octoplush
Omega
How did this get to 650 views. . . . . .
Anyway I'm not saying it isn't art but like- most skins getting paid for probably die- or the player throws them away eventually, you have the players who tend to stay out of it like me, and then you have gangrpers {They're a different breed jk luv you all}
Their characters die on their behalf. Not blaming it on them but if we looked at this in a different point of view even if there was a rule put against it I still think it would be beneficial to the server.
Tailors have a talent so this isn't entirely negative towards that community ofc, most of you have said to go another tailor and yes I could agree with that but there's atleast 1 of the tailors who charge real currency of minecraft skins.
This like Bitcoin without the failure stonks.

Alr ty!

lamby :3

Level 29
Community Team
Event Team
octoplush
octoplush
Omega
honestly if youre that hooked on a tailor, in the screenshot you sent they also offer yen? most tailors of what i saw that do irl currency also offer yen...
This was just a reference, but they open for USD even though they have yen on their profile- It doesn't make sense.

hebwig

Level 111
I have to disagree with this entirely as it is essentially the same concept as purchasing an artist's commissions. If you value the creator and their work, you buy from them; that's all there is to it. There is absolutely no reason to ban it from the server as it isn't even a server-related issue (if you would call it that). No one is forcing you to buy a person's Minecraft skin and no one ever will. It's their job and it's how they make their money; simply because you make only 10 pounds a month doesn't mean the entire upbringing of one's business should be torn down.

There's no basis for "skins dying," as you buy from a creator because you value that thing. I have purchased so many skins from so many tailors for in-character money and even if I do not use them anymore, I still believe the purchases that I have made were rightful. Undermining the work of others on the server just because you don't want to pay is a bit saddening.

As for scamming, that's entirely out of our control. These skin businesses aren't always related to Roleplay Hub as a server (as you can clearly see people on Planet Minecraft doing skin commissions), thus meaning that scamming is completely out of our control. It's similar to how arguments over Discord unrelated to the server have nothing to do with us. If you have a problem with how one is conducting their business or if you believe foul-play is involved, you report them to the source directly. Contacting PayPal or however you sent the money to the skin creator about their scamming is the most that you can do.

While I as a moderator cannot make a definitive decision on this feedback post, I at least hope you learned something from what I have to say and the work that others put into their own businesses. You buy from someone because you like what they have to sell.

zaya

Level 37
I do see your point but I do not think it lives up to where it should be; your claims are not reasonable for this situation at all. Yes, skins are not entirely art but there is a creative aspect to it. No one should be stopped for the way they are making income unless there are laws against it obviously but there is NO law against commissioning for a skin. And I do believe it is a you-problem when it comes to how much you are getting paid for a month or an hour. Out of all the things you can only buy 'once,' is a skin. I do believe you are possibly jealous of someone making a faster income than you.

It sounds very entitled when said, ". . . most skins getting paid for probably die." No one needs to wear a skin just for SRP because it's 'SRP shading.' Is a NameMC shading for people out of SRP? Is a shading that's neither of those for something else? Though, you may say, "Well most people here play SRP for SRP shading so?" So what? You agreed to purchase from someone you find that lives up to your standards.

This is an opinionated matter. It is your choice if you are going to benefit from it. No one is stopping you at all. If people make fun of you for a skin, don't bother listening to them. Buying a $1-$10+ skin to you is like buying a very expensive game that you may play once (not saying you do but this happens with a lot of people).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread