mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Item Frame Displaying Name of Item

SnowyBoi64

Level 0
IGN:SnowyBoi64
DATE:10/10/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Could you possibly implement a system or command to strip the name of decor items in item frames, or at least remove the names of the mostly permanent decor items? There are specific ones like the composter plant pot or metal detectors that stick out to me the most.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It'd be pretty small, but it does definitely keep some sort of immersion intact. It does also add up over time as the builders add more and more decorations to their builds.
In the future, you may replace some or a lot of these item frames with display entities (there are some datapacks that make them really easy to work with, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched), so this might not end up mattering .

kustomzero

Level 134
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Sure they're small little details but it doesn't cause a problem. It's just a label stating what the item is, some people might not know what it is. Overall I really don't think it's necessary to implement something like this.

ny00m

Level 20
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
Neutral
Not like I have any clue about Minecraft plugin development etc. but I'm assuming that the names are just nametags, meaning you'd have to disable nametags entirely for them to be hidden. If I'm wrong and it's actually possible to hide them then I'll say +1

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

As far as I'm aware, this isn't possible. And even if it is it's a minor detail that barely anyone cares about.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
As far as I'm aware, this isn't possible.
The items are only displayed as readable name tags because they have custom names. If the NBT associated with the item's name was removed before the item was placed (for example by using EssentialX's /itemname) the name would no longer be displayed. It's doable, and really wouldn't be much of a hassle to set up.

uta

Level 105
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+
You can use a mod to remove the tags from item frames to be honest, or just kind of ignore them, they're not that big of a problem

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
neutral

not really a big point to it but if a lot of people are really triggered by some tags, sure what the hell

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We'll remove the nametags from these in a later update!​

Users who are viewing this thread