mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted ItzAngii's Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzAngii

Level 5
IGN (In Game Name): @ItzAngii
Previous bans: A few months ago when I was new to the server, I was temp-banned for 3 hours for meta-game when I didn't know how to properly use OOC like I do now.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes

Describe your activity on the server:
Pretty Much Daily

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
I have Discord, but I could always get team speak 3 if I need to

Do you have a microphone?
For things like discord, I am able to use my phone as a mic.

List your current and past applications:
Head of Reception (never got a response)

What is your motivation for applying?:
I always loved helping people and, in all honesty, roleplaying as a student can get boring and I think it would be fun to try something new!

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ? Yes
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ? Yes

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
I would make a field-trip application by completing both the OOC application and the IC application using the format provided.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
It would be similar to the ones most people use, like raising your hand, not to be disrespectful, no innapropriate language or behavior, not to talk while the teacher is speaking, and no eating in class.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): I
have spoken to many people who are teachers, and that has helped me get a feel for what i'm getting myself into.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

The four ranks of teachers are the following: Trainee, NQT, QTLS and HD. (Trainee, Newly Qualified Teacher, Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills and Head of Department.)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
I would probably add more subjects, also I think implementing language teachers would be a good touch.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
The teachers must teach and engage the students. They will inform the students about important current/past topics, and even teach them new skills- all depending on the topic they are teaching. They will try and expand the students knowledge on sed topic or skill they are teaching. They receive loads of students, all depending on the subject. They must talk to other teachers, and may even connect lessons and find out how to improve the overall learning and teaching experiences. Also, they must grade the students and give them feedback on both their classwork, participation, homework, etc.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee - Teachers in training are given this rank, they work to help in the working environment by assisting the teacher. ~ NQT - Teachers who are close to being fully qualified teachers are given this rank, they are able to host lessons as long as they have permission from the head of their department. ~ QTLS - Teachers who are fully qualified are given this rank, they are able to host lessons without permission from the head of their department. ~ HD - Teachers who control their department are given this role, they have power over NQTs and their lessons.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
a must have/should have system.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
My character taking this role (hopefully) will be named Juliette Bloom. She has long, brown hair, a skinny build, and is around 4'10". She is unique/different because she treats everyone equally, and is very kindhearted. She is a strong did-believer in things like bullying, peer-pressure, and any sort of discrimination. She sees every student equally and as an opportunity to help our world. She treats her coworkers as her friends, but with respect. She is never rude to them. She is overall just a very sweet and innocent person. She went to school as a very good student, and since she graduated, she's wanted to come back and help share her knowledge with others. Her plan is just to find a steady job and settle down in life.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I tell them that they shouldn't use that kind of language in the school, write down their names, and report them to a principal/another official.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I get everyone's attention and tell them why they should be listening. I tell them how important the class is, and then continue on with the class after.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
She would make small talk with the other teachers, be polite, and act kindly and respectfully.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
Looks for students work but realized they hadn't handed it in when they should have,

BACKSTORY

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life.
Going through school, she was always a top student. She loved learning, and was always in class. If she didn't understand something, she would always ask the teacher for help. She always tried staying out of gangs and things like that, but it was hard to do that with her sisters always being involved. Since she graduated high school at the top of her class, she couldn't wait to come back. She enrolled in a few colleges in an attempt to get a teaching degree. While in college, she's worked at cafes, in retail, you name it. She's tried everything but her true passion is teaching. She graduated college with her degrees, and since there's no turning back now, she's hoping to land a job where she can undergo her true passion- teaching.

IN CHARACTER
(
Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss)
: Miss Juliette Bloom
Given Name(s): Juliette, Julie, Bloom
Preferred Name: Miss Bloom (with students), Juliette (with teachers and other adults)

Religious Denomination: Catholic
Marital Status: Weak

Nationality: American
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0 years
Working Experience (# of years): 5 years (while in college)

Academic Degree: English Language Arts, Art

Year of Graduation: 2014
Major(s): English
Minors: Art

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Italian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes
Preferred Teaching Subject: Art & English

Additional notes about your application (if any): -----

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.