Belak

Level 7
luvBelak
luvBelak
Omega+
IGN: Blickks
DATE: 2/3/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I personally think that jail time is weird. I don't think we should have to wait a couple of days oocly to be able to get bailed. and without bail for a couple of months.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It would benefit the roleplay in the game. Cause for out of character having to wait like 5 or 6 months just for assaulting a police officer or doing something not as bad is just too much. I feel like we should have to be able to wait in-game days or months to be able to get bailed out.

Barbie_

Level 26
BarbieG1rl_
BarbieG1rl_
Omega
There's a point in waiting a few OOCLY days to get bailed first, it prevents people from getting out of jail and instantly going to e.g. get revenge on the person that possibly got them jailed or going back to the same combat situation that was going on before the arrest. As to the wait time, it's there to show you that there are consequences of your actions and it makes people fear getting arrested in the first place. Imagine if the jail time was just a few days? People would start making throwaway characters (which is against the rules, but we all know how it is sometimes) just to wait for the jailed character to get out and continue breaking the law without fearing the consequences simply cus there just wouldn't be any. Also, assaulting a government official isn't a minor offense.

barbs

Level 9
this would negate the stakes attached to being arrested, and with it, KPD's status as a threat to criminality
couple that with Barbie_'s statement about crime roleplay becoming throwaway palooza, and you'll understand quickly how badly this would affect roleplay

wethecreature

Level 95
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
-1, waiting a couple of days isn't that much. One of my characters was jailed until last month (jailed in august). I don't know why people would complain about not using their character for a day or two. EDIT: Just realized you meant waiting months as well, but still. As everybody else is saying, you do the crime, you do the time.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread