mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Jaywalk laws

SapouT

Level 21
IGN: SapouT
DATE: 27/4/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Lately kpsis getting more and more strict about rules, to the point of Jaywalk rules. People get fines all the time for this unreasonable thing. For example new players walk normally on the street and then get fined and arrested. With cops that dont even allow walking on the steet. So i suggest that it shouldnt be a crime.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I think it would benefit the server because, it isnt realistic to get fined 10k for walking on the street. It makes exploring the map really hard and bring, and basically it is way too strict and doesnt help in any way. There arent as many cars on the street so forbiding people to walk there is really strict and only benefits KPD members. It will also benefit new players that dont have much money yet, and they lose their few money for walking on the street. also it will benefit civilian roleplayers and basically everyone with a low balance, because if someone cant pay their fine, they will get a criminal record and jail time, to which i believe tat only crimminal roleplayers or people that commited a crime should go to jail, and not someone that accidentally crossed the street without stepping on the lines

pashy

Level 183

- They don't usually fine new players far to my knowledge but ask them out of the road.

- It doesn't make exploring the map any harder because there are pedestrian lanes almost everywhere and every few blocks.

- You hardly ever get caught jaywalking and if you do it's just 10,000 Yen.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
+1/-1
More of this will be discussed during the Staff meeting, but I'll be planning to reduce the fine from 10k to 5k due to the fact that even police officers often Jaywalk. Nonetheless, we can't fully get rid of the fine, since people would otherwise continuously go around the roads without fearing getting run over (even if VDM rules don't allow cars to do this).

Currently, if a new player (Grade-7 -> Grade-9) is found Jaywalking, they'll be given a verbal warning at most, but they should not be fined. It works in a similar way to GangRP: If you acquire KPS on a new player who doesn't even know what rolling is, you won't really be able to act on your perms for obvious reasons. These same guidelines apply for KPD; if there's a new player that's breaking the law and isn't aware of the consequences, they will be let go with a warning. If you find any officer that has tried to do this, please let me know so that they can be informed about this

0ProbablyABunny0

Level 17
0ProbablyABunny0
0ProbablyABunny0
Fundraiser
-1 I’ve honestly never seen anyone get fined for jaywalking but, there are plenty of side walks and crosswalks. I think this makes things more realistic and exciting, even more so since it’s so rare.

Lizalopod

Level 130

Am I the only one who uses the cross walks and walks on the sidewalk? Really??

Still, if ya don't wanna get fined don't be on the road

Hamburger

Level 190
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
Along with what the other people said, I don't really see KPS around a lot near the streets you may go through so they may not catch you jaywalking, unless if they're stalking you...
I don't jaywalk... shhh...

pashy

Level 183
I do use them. You just have to use them for almost a week and then you'll start naturally avoiding the road and heading for cross-walks.. So unless I'm chasing to stab someone, I use them.

Aiylahx

Level 0
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Lately kpsis getting more and more strict about rules, to the point of Jaywalk rules. People get fines all the time for this unreasonable thing. For example new players walk normally on the street and then get fined and arrested. With cops that dont even allow walking on the steet. So i suggest that it shouldnt be a crime.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I think it would benefit the server because, it isnt realistic to get fined 10k for walking on the street. It makes exploring the map really hard and bring, and basically it is way too strict and doesnt help in any way. There arent as many cars on the street so forbiding people to walk there is really strict and only benefits KPD members. It will also benefit new players that dont have much money yet, and they lose their few money for walking on the street. also it will benefit civilian roleplayers and basically everyone with a low balance, because if someone cant pay their fine, they will get a criminal record and jail time, to which i believe tat only crimminal roleplayers or people that commited a crime should go to jail, and not someone that accidentally crossed the street without stepping on the lines
i agree with this, i got fined for steping on the road

Lizalopod

Level 130
I do use them. You just have to use them for almost a week and then you'll start naturally avoiding the road and heading for cross-walks.. So unless I'm chasing to stab someone, I use them.
I've seen too many iguanas get run over. It's roadkill ptsd

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Lately kpsis getting more and more strict about rules, to the point of Jaywalk rules. People get fines all the time for this unreasonable thing. For example new players walk normally on the street and then get fined and arrested. With cops that dont even allow walking on the steet. So i suggest that it shouldnt be a crime.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I think it would benefit the server because, it isnt realistic to get fined 10k for walking on the street. It makes exploring the map really hard and bring, and basically it is way too strict and doesnt help in any way. There arent as many cars on the street so forbiding people to walk there is really strict and only benefits KPD members. It will also benefit new players that dont have much money yet, and they lose their few money for walking on the street. also it will benefit civilian roleplayers and basically everyone with a low balance, because if someone cant pay their fine, they will get a criminal record and jail time, to which i believe tat only crimminal roleplayers or people that commited a crime should go to jail, and not someone that accidentally crossed the street without stepping on the lines
-1/0

#1, It'd be unrealistic to get rid of it. It's rare as well, don't forget that the police need things to do instead of just sitting around

#2, It is very realistic to tell people to keep off the streets, there are cars (and most don't drive properly anyways lol)! Your character would realistically die. You may not consent to the death of your character, but since we're keeping some of this real, it's not like you can consent if it happened in real life

#3, 10k yen is a reasonable amount. This is Japan, 10k yen translates to roughly $80. And in most other places, you can get fined for that amount. Example being the US, you can get fined between $20 and $120 for jaywalking

I see where your coming from, but this change wouldn't make much sense in my own personal opinion !

side note, at least the rule for it was sorta changed (i think?), i remember back in 2017/2018, i jaywalked and the fine was usually 20k-30k and since i didnt have much back then, i was just jailed for a while

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1/-1
More of this will be discussed during the Staff meeting, but I'll be planning to reduce the fine from 10k to 5k due to the fact that even police officers often Jaywalk. Nonetheless, we can't fully get rid of the fine, since people would otherwise continuously go around the roads without fearing getting run over (even if VDM rules don't allow cars to do this).

Currently, if a new player (Grade-7 -> Grade-9) is found Jaywalking, they'll be given a verbal warning at most, but they should not be fined. It works in a similar way to GangRP: If you acquire KPS on a new player who doesn't even know what rolling is, you won't really be able to act on your perms for obvious reasons. These same guidelines apply for KPD; if there's a new player that's breaking the law and isn't aware of the consequences, they will be let go with a warning. If you find any officer that has tried to do this, please let me know so that they can be informed about this
This

I DO GEMI...

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
Always been a thing,

Simply as a criminal I use a cool tactic called “look both ways for a fed” before crossing the road

[Flowers]

Level 8
You don't typically see KPS walking around the roads, and people mostly jaywalk from the road between spawn and the school. I mean, if we had more KPS walking around looking for jaywalkers, maybe it could be a thing. But Minobu said it's actually a thing I guess, but I think KPS should just be more active on the roads.

Users who are viewing this thread