Do you have a microphone?:
Yes.

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I do

Describe your activity on the server:
I am on mostly everyday. I have many friends on the server and I love to RP with whoever is on and who's available.

Do you have any previous bans?:
Yes, I have been banned from an SMP in 2020 for various reasons. I was a little impatient and unprepared for projects that I needed help with and didn't have enough blocks at hand.
But I have overcome these obstacles and issues and I learned from them.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

I had to make another account on the forums so this is the only app and appeal on this account so far.

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):

John Tin Thornberry grade 12

Emily Tan Thornberry grade 12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Literature

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I've always wanted to become a teacher since I was a kid, as my cousin and I played teacher as kids, I love kids and I want to educate them best I can.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role at UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher. training?:

Yes.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they essential?:
Class logs show how many kids leave and enter a class. They show everything that happened in the classroom.

Teacher class logs are important for:

Class logs are important because the school needs to know what happened so they can keep track of who did what and who to deal with.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. No eating.
2. No sleeping.
3. cellphones are not allowed.
4. Stay seated at all times unless I say otherwise.
5. Raise your hand if you want to speak.
6. Stay quiet so I can teach.
7. Respect other students and staff.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I started roleplaying back in August or September and this server really got me to RP seriously and I've learned to detailRP better, and I've put alot of work into my chars and I put my all into playing as them.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The Head of Department rank is head of everything. They decide who stays and who goes. This rank helps new teachers know their place in the school and helps them succeed.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A Qualified Teacher has been at the school for many years and know how to teach properly. This rank also helps out new teachers get acquainted to the other teachers and their place in the school.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A Newly Qualified Teacher is an Unqualified Teacher who has just been promoted. This rank is now allowed to teach classes without higher ups supervision.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: An Unqualified Teacher is a rank who was just accepted and can attend other teacher's classes and observe and learn how to teach and how to make lesson plans.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, and what purpose teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, and what they do in their spare time in general:

A teacher is there to teach kids and students about reading writing and math etc and anything else they need to know to live in this world. A teacher's purpose is to educate kids and students anything they might need or want to know to move ahead in their lives. The teacher should get at least 40-50k a year.

Teachers teach in various ways, some are more or less fair but others are either very nice or very mean. Nice teachers take a liking for his/her students and want to help them best they can. Mean teachers don't care whatsoever! They are there only for the paycheck. Others are in-between. Teachers are regular people they need to wind down at the end of the day like the rest of us. They are regular people so they're into many different things. I can see teachers being into video games even.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are there to teach kids about what they need to know. So without teachers no one will be able to learn or pursue their careers.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

There is no official lesson planning system in the school that I know of

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few pa what do. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality? What is their plan for the future?

John Thornberry is a very strong person but is very nice and compassionate for people.
He loves his sister Emily and would do anything for her. John loves to wear alot of green and has green eyes. John loves his students and has a very positive outlook on his students depending on their behavior. If they're disruptive and always in trouble, he doesn't see them going anywhere in life besides jail. John tries to be on good terms with all of his colleagues even if they are difficult to deal with.

Scenarios

/*Do not mention the use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I shall approach the delinquents and ask "what, may I ask is going on here?" If they are rude about it I will threaten them with detention and will give them 3 strikes if they are rude to me 3 times I will give them detention and if I find out they didn't show up I will report it!

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I will slam my book on the teacher's desk and say "Alright! Listen up! I am here to teach you and help you learn, you're here to sit there and pay attention! Now sit, face forward and pay attention!" If they don't listen then I will kick those who were disruptive out of class with a detention.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

John is a very chill guy so he will sit in his chair and eat his lunch, read a book etc, and will socialize best he can.

Provide at least 4 mailed/me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Would look around and watch to see if anyone is paying attention before he goes to continue writing on the blackboard, then he goes to hand out tests to each student before he goes to the front of the class to explain.

/me Noticed a girl in the back staring out the window worried looking back and forth from before he also noticed what she's staring at out the window. It's a fight in the cafeteria and goes to reach for his walkie-talkie to report what he had seen.

/me Would check his desk drawers for pencils some kids asked for then goes to walk around the room to see if anyone needs help then goes to sit down in his chair to check the time.

/me is grading papers before he notices 2 boys about to fight. As he gets up the boys start throwing fists at each other. John then gets in-between the boys stopping the fight before it gets worse. Then after he asks what happened he sends them to detention

Backstory:

John and his sister were born in Houston Texas on an animal farm. They would help their parents work around the farm everyday for about 15 years before their parents died to a car crash. They were then enrolled in a transport program that brought them to Hiroshima Japan, lived there for 2 years on welfare. After that they moved to Karakura to get away from noisy neighbors.

(In-Character Information)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
John Thornberry
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr Thornberry
Given Name(s): John
Preferred Name: John

Religious Denomination: Christian.
Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: American
Current Location:
Japan, Karakura.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

10 years of working in a warehouse

Academic Degree:
Year of Graduation: 1986
Major(s): bachelor's
Minors: Choir

Native Languages:
English
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

I Do not

Extra

/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:

I would like my primary character John Tin Thornberry to be accepted
Also the answers that are bolded are a mistake, I do not know how to fix that otherwise they would be normal text.

Do you have any questions?:
Yes, does everything have to be super detailed? Is it an automatic rejection if any answer is less detailed as other applications or if my answers are bolded?

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to some others.

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread