mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied John's Literature Teacher Application

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
My Minecraft username is Firekiller77.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): My Discord name is Firekiller77#2418.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes I do have a microphone.

What is your time zone?: My time zone is Eastern Standard Time.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes I do.

Describe your activity on the server: I recently took a break from the server to deal with some things but I am back and ready to jump back into roleplaying. I am normally on for an hour a day if not more or not at all for that particular day. I roleplayed a lot with some new friends I made on the server back in September. When I'm not roleplaying I'm fishing to keep up with my apartment financially or just building on the creative server.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
[NOTE] These 2 links are from previous accounts but they're mine as I keep forgetting passwords and need to keep making accounts as I never get an email back to change my password.

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): I have 2 characters I've been playing as since September. My male character is John Tin Thornberry and he is currently 12th grade. My female character is Emily Tan Thornberry and she is also currently 12th grade.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
I want to teach Literature.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: My motivation for me becoming a teacher comes from a childhood game I played with my older cousin called "teacher" we used to play that every day when I visited my family in New York. We made up silly names for our students, some were silly and some were normal. we had a small two in one black and white board to use and I used the black board and he used the white board. I have always wanted to become a teacher since then and since I cant become one in real life, I found this server and saw that I can become one more seriously than other roleplay servers where you're not really a teacher you just choose "teacher" role and go into a classroom and be lucky other players followed you into the classroom.​

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT? Yes I do

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?: Yes I do

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Teacher Class logs are ways for teachers to document data in the classroom such as students' progress, classroom events. They can also record parent/teacher conferences, communication with parents and students entering the classroom. Teachers use this tool to help them and others have a better understanding of which students need more or less help. This helps the Senior Leadership Team know how much to pay the teachers at the end of the month! They record how long each class ran for and how many students attended. I am sure there is more information on the subject but this is all the information I can read about for now, I hope to learn more as I do my job.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Rule 1: No cellphones in class! I will not tolerate phones in my class! Once I see a cellphone I will take it and give it back at the end of class! So do not take your phone out and turn it off while you are in my class!
Rule 2: No talking while I am teaching! I want to see every one's eyes looking up at me as I am the teacher and I am teaching!
Rule 3: No toys, weapons, games or anything else of the sort in my classroom! If I see it I will take it away and you'll see it at the end of class.
Rule 4: You must stand at your desk before I am ready to start teaching, then you may sit. I do not want to see anyone walking around during this or I will kick them from class. I do not play around!
Rule 5: Once you are sitting you are to stay seated! If I see anyone getting up without my permission I will kick them from the class!
Rule 6: I don't want to hear any swearing! If and when I do, you will get an automatic detention!

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I started roleplaying as a child and played multiple games with a couple of my cousins, with my older cousin in New York I played three games called "Teacher" "Apartments" and "Iron-man and Spiderman" in Teacher we acted as teachers to some imaginary students and used our imagination to make the game fun so Id randomly say "Rosey, no you may no drop a piano on my head". In Apartments we used random parts of our Grandma's back yard for our apartments, my cousin used Grandma's fenced in abandoned garden for his apartment, and I used her back porch. We thought of everything in this roleplay, we thought of what our jobs were and what our family's names were and even what our vehicle would be. Iron-man and Spiderman was a game where we pretended to be the two heroes and would fight crime and use our Grandma's hammock as our vehicle to get around. When I was 20 years old I came across a not so great roleplaying server, you chose your role whether it was "teacher" "mom" "dad" "son" "daughter" and you played as that role but you had to be lucky to end up in a roleplay. Playing as a teacher you chose the role and you had to be lucky to get students to join your class. I played a number of random roles and was lucky enough to be a teacher a couple times. I was a dad, I was a boyfriend/husband, I was a baby, and I was a student a few times.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
↳ Description:
HD stands for Head of Department and this rank is the highest rank of teachers. They decide on who to fire and which students to expel. Head of Department teachers help new teachers get acquainted to their new job and role, they will help them get acquainted to their coworkers and show them their new classroom. HD's know the ins and outs of the school and being a teacher.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
↳ Description:
QT stands or Qualified Teacher and qualified teachers are teachers who have been a teacher and have been working at the school a long time, they help out and show the new teachers around the school and introduce them to their new coworkers. These teachers also know the ins and outs of the school building and being a teacher.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
↳ Description:
NTQ stands for Newly Qualified Teacher and Newly Qualified Teachers are Unqualified Teachers who have been promoted and they are no longer new to the Teacher's faction. This rank's role is to not only teach but to show newcomers around and introduce them to other people in the faction.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
↳ Description:
UT stands for Unqualified Teacher and these teachers are new to the faction. They are not allowed to host classes until they are finished with their training and introduction to the faction. Other higher ups in the faction will generally be there to help them out with where to go for things and certain commands on being a teacher.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.:
Teachers are the epitome of education. Teachers help us learn what we need to know in order to live in this society. This society is full of uneducated people who never paid any attention in class. These people are either in jail or running rampant around the streets or just don't know anything about history, math, or even to read. All these things are needed to have a peaceful society which we cant have when people don't know any of these subjects. Teachers in-game are unique compared to out-of-game teachers, they are more fun and fun loving than out-of-game teachers. in-game teacher love to make the day more fun. I've seen teachers take students down to the dodge ball court to play dodge ball regardless of their subject. Teachers out-of-game get a salary of roughly 40-50k, whilst in-game teachers get roughly 500k because things cost more due to money being so easy to get compared to in real life.
There are numerous teachers and how they each. Some teachers teach with passion or example, others teach just for a paycheck. The teachers that teach with passion are the teachers we need in our schools! These are the teachers that make learning fun and interactive. When you have interactive learning you get the students' attention more and they want to learn when you have interactive learning. The teachers who teach just for a paycheck don't even deserve the job or the joy of making learning fun for students because they don't even care, all they care about is the paycheck. Teachers are regular people, they have daily hobbies just like others, I know teachers that even play video games. One teacher substituting our class once even brought his play-station in and mostly everyone played Mortal Combat. Another time we played Mario Kart.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers in SchoolRP are important because the students of Karakura High School need guidance. This is a school role playing server and you need teachers in a school. Teachers in SRP teach players not only how to act but how to treat others. Students need to know how to use Math, learn to read and write, and how to be a team player. Without teachers no one will know how to do anything. Without SchoolRP teachers there would be no Doctors, no Nurses, no surgeons, no policeman, no one to teach the students of Karakura, and we definitely wound have no one to govern our city or anyone else in our offices to keep order.​

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: MoSCoW Must have, Should have, Could have, and Wont have.

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?
John-cropped.png

John Thornberry (Mr. Thornberry) is a handsome suit and tie kind of guy. John is a middle aged man in his mid 50s and loves to joke around. John can also get very angry at times but he calms down very fast and doesn't hold any grudges and apologizes when he needs to. He likes to wear a top hat everywhere and walks with a cane. Mr. Thornberry as a teacher is a very loving and caring person and will do anything for his students. John is very over protective of his younger sister Emily and will do anything for her. John is also a very muscular guy for someone in his 50s and very healthy. John is an active gamer and plays video games with his best friend.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
John's outlook on his students and coworkers is a very positive one. He expects every one of his students to succeed due to his patience and kindness and gives extra help to anyone needing it. John will chat with every one of his students at some point of the year and gets them to talk about their plans for the future and will help them get there in some way he can. Sitting in the lounge John will actively chat with his coworkers about their own plans and outlook on life and will give any advice he has for them and will help them in any way he can.

What are their plans for the future?
John's plans for the future is to make sure his family is safe and well taken care of. He wants to make sure his daughter and nephew will have someone to take care of them and love them. John may only be in his 50s but he's really happy with being a teacher and being there for his family and has no other plans other than making sure his family is safe. John wants to spend the rest of his life making sure his nephew and his daughter reach their goals and succeed in life.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: When dealing with delinquents you have to be patient! So I would walk up to them and ask "is there a problem?" and if they continue to swear or swear or threaten me Id remind them and warn them I can get them a detention and call their parent/guardian(s). If they continue I will have no choice but to put them into detention and call their parents. I can also call other teachers to the scene and get some help if need be. Students shouldn't be talking like that to teachers, staff and adults in general!

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: I would tap my cane on the ground and say "ahem!" wait a second to see if they respond or stop to listen then I would say "I'm not getting any younger!" or "I can wait, I'm here all day!" If they don't listen Ill threaten to start handing out detentions and kicking students out of the class. If they still wont listen Ill slam heavy books on my desk and say "that's it! if you don't wanna listen I don't wanna teach! *shrugs and sits in his chair and scans the class to see whose listening and who's not*

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: In the teacher's lounge John will lean his cane in the corner and open up his news paper and read as he eats his lunch. He will try to start a conversation with the other teachers in the room, just small talk will do. John will then do some push-ups and sit-ups to keep his strength up. Another thing John will do is call his sister to make sure she's alright before he goes back to class. If John has nothing else to do he will lean back in his chair and take a nap before the bell rings to go back to class. He'd lean back in his chair against a wall to fall asleep when a student knocks on the door scaring him making him fall off his chair. "What is it? Just so you know its my break time I hope this is important!" he'd say after he opened the door. "Sir I'm sorry to bother you, but there is a fight in the cafeteria..." says the student. "alright I'm coming...its almost time for class anyway" He'd say as he closed the door behind him.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me.
Walks into the classroom and does to the front of the class "hello class, Good Morning and welcome to Literature with yours truly" he says as at the same time he notices a student on their phone and goes to warn them to put it away, then goes to right down the day's current lesson on the board. A paper airplane hits him on the back of his head, he turns around to inquire who threw it. No one wants to answer. "I'm going to choose to ignore that for now but the next time I see or feel a paper airplane get thrown, I will send you to the office and you will get a detention!" He goes back to keep writing when he notices a student sitting on top of the file cabinet near his desk. "Get down from there now and go have a seat!" He sighs before he continues. "why cant children behave?" He says to himself.

/me. Walks over to the file cabinet to take out thirty tests to hand out to the class when ne notices a child in the corner crying. He walks over to them and takes them out into the hallway to talk and make sure the child is alright. He notices another school staff member walking by and asks them to watch his class while he is talking to the sad student. He asks the student if there is anything he can do to make things better but the student politely refuses, thanks Mr. Thornberry and walks back to class wiping tears away. John sighs as he walks back to class, thanks the other school staff member and continues to teach his class.

/me As John goes to collect the tests to grade them he notices a student passing a note to the student next to them and says: "Uh, Excuse me? No passing notes in my class! Now either put it away or I will make you read it to the entire class!" after he says it he notices out of the corner of his eye the student passes it anyway. John then does to snatch the note out of the student's hand and throws it in the garbage pail. "You're lucky I'm not doing to read this, or worse...I make you read it. Next time I will make you read it!" after he says this he finishes collecting tests and goes to sit down in his chair to grade tests.

/me John goes to write down "Chapter 4" on the board when he hears two students swearing at each other light-heartedly. Mr. Thornberry then walks slowly over to the two students and says "You two have heard of my rules, yes? Why have you decided to break one of them?" he then hands them both a detention slip as he walks back to the board to continue writing "Chapter 4, Tom Sawyer" and says "Top Sawyer Chapter 4, Today we will be discussing the events of this chapter. Before we start does anyone remember what we went over in Chapter 3?" He says as he leans on his cane and scans the class to see who is listening.

Backstory
John Tin Thornberry was born in the year 1970 in Grand Prairie Texas on an animal farm. John's parents were very strict parents and weren't very nice. They would force John and Emily to work hard day and night and yell and scream when they made a mistake. John was more tolerant or their abusive behavior and didn't want to rock the boat while Emily would cry, fight back, or refused to comply. They would smack her around and knock her down the stairs at the young age of 5 years old. John would try to stop them from doing this but would fail, they would just push him back knocking him off his feet.
When John and Emily were 8 and 10 their parents' home burned to the ground as their mother forgot a tasteless steak in the oven. John and Emily now had to move, they had no one to go to, so they just traveled. For a year they traveled round the United States until they came across a freighter transporting goods from the United States to Japan so they snuck on and rode the freighter to Japan believing life is about to get better. John and Emily arrived at Japan a year later making them 9 and 11 years old. When they got off of the boat they came to Tokyo where they lived a few months being chased by dogs and eating out of garbage cans. They decided to uproot and find somewhere new to live because living in Tokyo was very dangerous. The kids found themselves in Hiroshima where they were taken in to an orphanage where things still weren't great but was still better than anything they had dealt with. The orphanage had a school in it and the only nice teacher at this school was this blonde lady in her early thirties and always smelled of apple pie. This is where they learned the country's language Japanese. The teacher's name was Miss Hiyo. This is what inspired John to become a teacher.
They were there at that orphanage for 5 years till Miss Hiyo left due to budget cuts and had no choice but to leave the orphanage. The kids now ages 14 and 16 escaped with the help of the other kids. John and Emily now on their way to find a new place to live. about a year later they stumbled upon Karakura and found themselves an apartment where they lived there the next 2 years going to Karakura school. All throughout school John learned and admired the art of teaching and studied hard. All his life taking care of his sister he wants to make sure kids are taken are of and makes sure they are treated with respect and love. John still inherited the strict genes from his parents and unfortunately is very strict but isn't abusive. Upon going to collage he learns he didn't have the funds to afford collage just yet so he gave up. Until he broke his back years later as a middle aged man he saved up money to hopefully one day afford collage. He then went to collage for the next 4 years and graduated at the age of 54. John is now ready to become a teacher.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
My name is John Thornberry.
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): I prefer my students to address me as Mr. Thornberry.
Given Name(s): My friends sometimes call me Johnny Boy.
Preferred Name: My colleagues can call me either John or Johnny Boy.

Age (Minimum is 25): I am 54 years old.
Religious Denomination: I am a staunch Christian.
Marital Status: I am a single man.

Nationality: I originate from Grand Prairie Texas.
Current Location: I am currently living in Karakura Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
When I was twenty years old it was just me and my sister so I had to get 2 part time Jobs. One of which I worked in a Walmart warehouse doing a number of things. Some of which include packing trucks, making boxes, filling boxes, and operating a forklift. I worked at this warehouse for 10 years. I didn't find another job to work at part time along side Walmart until a year later and this job was mowing lawns for 20$ a house. I did this for 11 years until I got fired for accidentally running over my client's flowers. I quit from Walmart because I learned a wood working trade after I turned thirty years old and worked with my hands for nineteen years. I had to quit because I broke my back falling off the roof of a 2 story house my men and I were building and needed a couple years to recover. After I was told by the doctor I wasn't allowed to wood work anymore I decided to look into teaching as I wanted to learn to teach when I was a teenager. So I went to collage and got my bachelor's degree.

Academic Degree: I got my Bachelor's degree.
Year of Graduation: I graduated this year to teach in 2024.
Major(s): I got a Literature Major.
Minors: My Minor degree is Choir/Band.

Native Languages: My native language is English.
Other Languages: I learned Japanese upon arriving here at the age of 12 years old.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: I do not.

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application: Can this be applied to my first character slot please?
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to some others.

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread