Iphone76
Omega
Out of Character | Basic information
What is your in-game name?:
Iphone84
Do you have discord? (If so, what is your username):
Yes
Do you have a microphone?
I do but I prefer to only talk when absolutely needed as I have a lot of background noise
List your timezone and country:
EST and USA
How active are you on the server?:
I would say my activity is around average with around 5-6 hours a day but it all depends on my work schedule. I work around three days a week currently but I average about 12 hours each day so I am usually inactive during most of the day. On Weekdays I am usually able to log online whenever needed but this may change.
Do you have any previous bans? (If so, link your appeals):
None
Link any past applications below:
Out of Character | Morals & ideas
What position are you applying for?:
Judge
What is your motivation for applying?:
Seeing as there aren't many Judges active and willing to handle private settlements I want to see more people go to court over things and see the court system utilized more in the future for smaller and larger events. It would be nice to see the court expand to accepting settlements outside the court where judges do minimal work as well as having cases that take multiple days where the judges are given mountains of proof and counter proof so they have to carefully review it and each side has multiple witnesses to call to stand. Not all courses are like this though and I understand there will be public cases as well where the police are simply bringing people in over fines and charges of speeding, illegal parking, and running red lights. I think it would be interesting to deal with both situations and be able to help expand the law system and how it works.

Although I wouldn't say that my motivation is all to really work on stuff that already exists and to expand on stuff that the server already has within the government faction. I see a huge opportunity to expand the government's social network and help the people of the city while I may only be applying for a judge I want to advocate for a council to be made within the city to expand the town and start adding more housing for in increasing population. As we see an increase of players to the server we are seeing a lack of fulfillment for basic needs and as a government worker that is a failure to my job to protect the citizens of Karakura. I want to work with the governors alongside the mayor to help push for more laws to be written and enforced so that we can help the living conditions for the citizens of Karakura.
Do you have any plans for your spot or character with this role?:
I want to utilize this position to greater expand the system and be able to actively take on cases whether it be as small as a speeding ticket that someone refuses to pay and wants to fight in court to something as large as a murder case with multiple victims. I believe both cases while drastically larger in size and punishment deserve our attention so that we can properly roleplay out the law system. While it's the job of a Judge to uphold laws it is also their job to deem if a law is beyond the reach of the government and invades the safety and well being of the citizens and so being able to see players sue the government because they believe a police officer was abusive in their reaction to a situation.
Are you aware that if you falsely accuse, imprison, or sentence someone you will lose your role?:
Yes, I understand that all cases should be properly dealt with. They should not include baseless accusations or imprisonment without due justice.
Do you recognize that you cannot be corrupt in any way? (Being bribed, being biased, etc):
Yes, I understand that all corrupt officials will be dealt with accordingly oocly and icly
Are you aware of the rules each person must follow?:
Yessir
Are you familiar with the laws of Karakura?:
Yessir
Do you have a good understanding of this position?:
Yessir
Summarize what your position does in the town:
It is the job of a judge to preside over a case and to be on neither side no matter who the plaintiff and defendant may be. We are to make sure all laws are properly followed during a case and that both parties remain civil and within their civil rights. It is also our duty to make sure both sides are extended every right during the case so that it may properly continue without the need to throw it out. I may also ban certain documents from being used if they are deemed to be inaccurate or in the case of a video too low quality to make out someone's face or body features. I will also come to a final deliberation at the end of the case that suits the crime that the said defendant has been found guilty of. I can during the time of the case dismiss people from the courtroom, ban the filming or broadcasting of the case if the news station becomes disrespectful, ban certain material from being used, call recess when needed, and deliberate on the final saying in the case when both parties have rested their case and made final statements.
In Character | Questionnaire
Pretend that it is as if your character is filling this out, not yourself
Full Name:
Hisoki Fujimori
Preferred name & Title:
Mr. Fujimori
Current age? (25+):
Past job experiences?:
I worked previously at a local court near Kyoto where I presided as the county judge and dealt with mainly police cases involving speeding tickets and reckless driving. I have dealt with lawsuits in the past as well though dealing with copyright infringement and defamation. Before working for the Kyoto county court I was a public defendant for the Kyoto police department for 6 months where I would work right out of college.
What plans do you have for the town?:
I want to give people a voice in the court and allow them to plea cases even as small as speeding tickets, to as big as a murder case. I believe the city has an amazing law system and has really shone it is capable of preserving itself even through dark times. I believe though that the people deserve a more open court where we can allow them to come up with cases of defamation and copyright infringement and settle either in court or out of court. The police have shown they can properly do their job time and time again and having a more open court system can help give the people the safety they deserve knowing that criminals are being properly punished no matter how severe or small it may be. I will also make sure that all laws passed into effect don't overreach and violate anyone's rights or violate the privacy of any citizen. By having these balances we can make sure that the people putting laws into effect have the interest of the people over anything else and that they are careful about how intrusive they are into the private lives of our citizens. I look forward to also expanding upon our legal system and protecting those who may have been abused by others by issuing out protective services for children and new identities for those found to be in fear and danger of those arrested on severe sentences.

I also have other plans that I want to work on to help better the lives of the citizens and it starts with a tough stand on criminals and punishing those who break the laws. Working with others I want to help organize and create a volunteer organization that works to help clean up the cities sewer system. This comes with many benefits for the town including but not limited to a lower chance of disease, easier to do yearly cleaning, a better environment, and cleaner drinking water for the town. While the last part may seem weird to some drinking water lines travel underground just like the sewage lines and allowing the sewage system to corrode can allow the sewage water to leak into the water lines and cause spikes in diseases related to dirty drinking water like dysentery. Protecting our drinking water isn't the only thing I want to organize the town to do though I believe that having a clean underbelly is just as important as keeping the streets clean and so with the help of my friends and fellow government employees I want to start cleaning the streets of Karakura. While the city is already known for its cleaning projects and helping to keep the city beautiful I believe we can do more for the city and the surrounding area by making sure we keep clean what we already have. It doesn't matter how small the mess may be we should always make sure to clean what we already have before we decide to build more and by doing so we can keep a better-looking city as well as a cleaner environment.
What jobs will you execute with this position?
I will execute the job of a county judge and proceed over cases that have jurisdiction within the town of Karakura. Any case that comes across my desk will be carefully looked over and I will dismiss cases as needed and send cases to court as needed. If I see that a case can be settled outside court I will call upon the lawyers of each party and see if an agreement can be made to settle a said case outside of court. If both parties feel that they should settle the case inside the courtroom then the case shall proceed like normal. I will also within my power hold the people and police department accountable to follow the laws and due process during any court case no matter the size. Following this process, I will carry out the job of lawfully imprisoning citizens found guilty of violating any law. In the case of issuing a fine out, I will announce the amount owed and how long the defendant has to pay the said amount. In the case of having to issue a bail amount, I will specify the amount based on previous jail time and how severe the crime was. In the minority of cases where the defendant is deemed too violent to allow on bail, I will announce this ruling at the start of the case is deemed appropriate or at the end when I list the charges brought against the defendant and which ones are found guilty. As well as issuing sentences it is also my job to make sure all prisoners are treated within their rights and that all charges are properly announced at the beginning and end of the court case. If the defendant is offered a plea deal and decided to accept it the case may be dismissed on the grounds of the defendant being let go or pleads guilty and in that case, there is no reason to continue with such a case.
Do you practice any sort of religion?:
I don't follow any religion but I grew up following Shinto
How did you get into politics?:
I got into them as a young boy growing up in Kyoto. My father was a public lawyer for the Kyoto police department and was proudly serving the people for over 25 years. His interest in law and making sure the people felt protected just seemed to pass onto me. I decided to follow his path and go to law school later graduating in the middle of my class. Not being able to be towards the top of my class I was turned down by most law firms and so I decided to follow my father and join the Kyoto public defendants. Working with them for the first three months seemed to go by fast and went surprisingly well. Then around four months into the job, I met one of the Kyoto County Judges at a work celebration. They had come to drop off some presents for the newly promoted commissioner and so I asked about what it was like working for the Kyoto County Court. I instantly fell in love with the prospect of the job and being able to take my love for protecting others one step further. So after six months, I decided to not renew my contract and jumped face-first into the application pool. Luckily with my experience and connections, I was chosen as one of the five applicants to interview for the two slots. With my prior work as a public defendant, I easily breezed by these questions. That brings me to today when I heard about Karakura needing Judges I jumped at the opportunity to expand my knowledge and create bigger opportunities for a smaller town. But this isn't my only reason for wanting to expand politics. Seeing a dying population in Kyoto whether it be from old age, disease, or homelessness left a sour taste in my mouth as I was powerless to do anything to help them. While being a judge is only the cornerstone of what I want to do for the city it is a start that will help fuel a fire of change within the city. We must push for lower crime rates and that involves starting to levy severe charges against the criminals terrorizing the city and causing millions in taxes to clean up the "artwork" that they leave on our city.
Do you have a criminal record? If so, list your crimes:
I have never been arrested and don't plan on ever being arrested
Nationality & Born location:
Kyoto, Japan
Fluent languages: (Underline your native):
Japanese

Last edited:

Prosthettics

Level 40
Prosthettics
Prosthettics
Rich
ACCEPTED

Congratulations on being accepted for your role of choice. Upon seeing this, be sure to join the
Town Discord & ping Pros#1396 within the help channel to receive your roles & tags. For future reference, pay attention to formatting in order to make your application easier to read.

Users who are viewing this thread