Eli<3#9347
Do you have a microphone?:
Yep!
How old are you? (Optional):
N/A
What is your time zone?:
EST
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I do acknowledge I will be demoted if inactive.
Describe your activity on the server:
I normally get on every day, my playtime can range from 3 hours-18 hours per day.
Do you have any previous bans?:
Nope!
Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Korean Application(ACCEPTED)
JSL Application(ACCEPTED)
Shrine Maiden Application(ACCEPTED)
What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Shrine Maiden

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Art
What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I tend to join art classes on an ALT account, and I see how much fun it is. I also really want to improve my social skills and I feel as if this could help with that a lot. I enjoy teaching others the new things I learn, and I feel as if a new experience could help improve the way I roleplay. Trying something new and unexpected has always piqued my interest, so going out of my comfort zone to be a teacher icly seems like a lot of fun! I also do know 1-2 teachers oocly and icly and they seem very awesome to be around, so involving them in my basically everyday icly life would be an interesting and fun concept.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

I do indeed understand I will go undergo teacher training, if anything I look forward to it! I love learning new things and having a new experience always seems fun.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

Classroom logs are basically things to keep track of your activity on the server, making sure you aren't inactive. They are important since they prove that you are doing your job and you aren't lying about how many classes you have taught.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

-Student's are NOT to speak whilst the teacher is speaking, nor when a question is asked by a classmate. They may only speak when given permission to, such as raising their hand or getting permission from the teacher.

-Foods and drinks are not permitted in class, doing so may cause a distraction to classmates or the teacher. However, you may drink water.

-Classwork should be turned in on time, or before the end of each lesson. As well as tests and quizzes, cheating is not allowed at all.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

My experience in roleplay probably started around 8 years ago. It started by me going on creative servers and one day meeting a friend, who introduced me to roleplay. We would go to this specific plot with a school. It was pretty fun although eventually that server got shut down which led me to find schoolrp around 3 years later. When I joined schoolrp I learned about realistic roleplay. I was so inspired to learn. I did eventually take a break but when I came back I learned about detail rp, combat rp, cook rp, etc. I still learn new things about roleplay probably every time I am online, although it's all fun to learn and I highly enjoy it.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The highest rank you could get as a teacher, they are the lead role as well as most qualified.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Someone who most likely has been employed for awhile, and or has a lot of experience teaching.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Not Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A person who has recently graduated, or is new to the teaching career.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Someone who has yet to be trained and qualified for teaching classes by themselves.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Out-of-game and In-game teachers have responsibility to teach students, as well as educate them on the subject they are teaching. Every subject, such as English, math, health, art, etc, help motivate the students to become successful in life. Teachers can often be seen doing normal things as well, besides making lesson plans for the next day. Things such as grabbing materials, or doing daily life things in their spare time. A teacher's salary is ¥350k for hosting 10 classes in a month, although teachers are allowed to have three bonuses a month if they complete 5 extra classes allowing them to be paid an extra ¥50k.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server because… well I mean it’s quite literally in the name. If a schoolrp server didn’t have teachers, I feel as if the server would be extremely chaotic and out of control. It would be weird and confusing if there weren’t teachers to put students back in their places.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Should have, Must have, Could have, Won’t have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Eli is a very interesting being. She is a 5’8 and a half female who weighs 158lbs. Her hair would be dyed brown with blonde bangs, it’d be medium length as well as half-up and half-down in space buns. Her body would fit the shape of an hour-glass figure. Her eyes were a shade of black, her smile would be very welcoming. The thing that would be unique about her, is how friendly she is. Yes, Eli has her awkward moments. Although she was very laid back, and understanding. If you needed someone to talk to yet didn’t feel comfortable, she would always welcome you to talk to her. Keeping it professional, she can be very serious as well.

She’d keep a positive outlook for students, as well as an open mind. She knows times can be difficult, so if a student needed something she’d always be there for them. Having her serious moments, she wants to know if her students are okay and if they need anything or not. Making sure no boundaries are crossed, as she doesn’t want to make anyone uncomfortable. Whereas teachers, she admires most of them. Although, the same thing applies to other teachers as well. She highly respects all of them, and would hate to cross boundaries and make one uncomfortable around her. She plans on being an Art teacher for as long as she can, if things change she would hopefully become a receptionist. She wishes to be inspiring to people, and have people look up to her as a good influence.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would begin by approaching them, asking them to stop and knock off the swearing. If they didn’t listen, I would repeat myself. If they didn’t listen to the second warning, I would repeat myself once more as well as telling them detention will be a result if they keep up this behavior.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I would attempt to get their attention by raising my voice, not yelling but raising it loud enough for the class to hear. I’d give them a warning, and then detention to those who proceeded to disturb class and distract others from doing their work. If the behavior continues afterwards, I would kick them from the class so they do not disturb my class any longer than they should.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Eli act’s as she does outside of the teacher’s lounge, professional and quiet. She’d most likely focus on making lesson plans, or just enjoying her breakfast/lunch.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me would clear her throat, before placing her hands in front of her waist. She’d interlock her fingers together before cheerfully smiling. “Good morning class! I hope everyone is having a lovely day. Please take a seat! If you guys have any questions or anything feel free to ask!”

/me stared at the canvas, before blinking. “Good job.. Have a sticker!” She’d slap a sticker on their cheek.

/me would smile softly at them. “Could you add a little bit more detail? It looks awesome, although it could use a little bit more!”

/me would tilt her head to the left a little bit, before clearing her throat and placing her hand over her mouth. “Come see me after class, please and thank you.”

Backstory

El was born January 19th, 1994. She was born into a broken family. Her mother was an alcoholic and didn’t really want anything to do with Eli after she was born. Her father, on the other hand, truly did care about Eli. It’s just, he wasn’t really around often. His work made him a very busy man so he was hardly home. He only came home for dinner, and then went straight back to work until 11pm and then would instantly go to sleep. Although her father did teach Eli some stuff as she got older, he’d spend an hour after dinner helping Eli learn about life and teach her new things. One day Eli came home from school to see no one home. At first she thought her mother had just gone to a bar, but when her dad came home he was sobbing uncontrollably and hugged Eli tightly… What Eli didn’t know, but was to find out later.. Was that her own mother had completely left her father and her in the dust.

When Eli turned 13, her father had received a letter. Said letter was a letter inviting Eli to the city of Karakura, and their high school. Previously Eli had been exploring the parks of Kyoto, the city she lived in before moving to Karakura. She was very anti-social, that was until she met someone at one of the parks. The person she met was a young boy. He went by the name Cyprus. Cyprus was reading about a religion called “Shintoism” which had piqued Eli’s interest. She began to make friends with Cyprus, slowly learning about Shintoism as they talked. They found out they both had an alarming amount of things in common, and they became great friends.

As Eli opened the letter, her eyes sparkled. She had been researching Karakura's monastery and it was always something she wanted to study in school and be a part of. It was her favorite monastery that she studied. Eli was amazed at how the Yama-no-Kami, Kami stayed strong, and it’s building stood throughout the unfortunate events that happened in the history of the monastery. A few months later, on a beautiful morning, Eli packed her stuff and was sent on her way to Karakura. She didn’t attend college, no. She focused on school work, The monastery, making friends, and she even was adopted into two families.

Eventually, Eli applied to become a shrine maiden. She spent every minute she could studying the monastery and being up there. Sooner than later her application was accepted, and she had started working there. Although not too long after she was accepted as a shrine maiden, her brother Haru had become a high-school teacher. He visited Eli often, and would tell her how his day was and talk about teaching a lot. Eli slowly started to enjoy his stories for becoming a teacher, as she enjoyed art quite a lot. She wanted to be a good influence for students, so she suggested changing career paths to Haru. Of course, he hyped her up into becoming a teacher and encouraged her further. This led up to her deciding she wanted to try change once more, as she took the chance to apply and become a teacher.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Eli Saito
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): El
Preferred Name: Eli

Age (Minimum is 27): 28
Religious Denomination: Shintoism
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
0 years of teaching

Academic Degree: None
Year of Graduation: 2015
Major(s): Teaching, Art
Minors: Photography

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: JSL, Korean

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No, sadly I do not.

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
- There are no more slots available for this department. In future, please include detail where the format asks for it.

Users who are viewing this thread