mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Karakura Autos Dealership Suggestion.

Extensive Dealership | Suggestion

IGN: LithiumLibido

DATE: April 24th, 2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

My suggestion to the server is to add a more extensive dealership. Similar to what we have with the mechanic, however with a massive variety of vehicles. Additionally with a reduced pricing.

This idea came to me as I was remodeling older vehicles for SchoolRP. The vast amount of vehicles made, but with only a small percentage of it being in use, seems that these models will merely go to waste. I, for sure, don’t want to see that.

Currently these are the vehicles available to the public.
1682359421148.png

Using the vehicles that are either Unused/Duped, we can make it public giving more opportunities to others in the server to obtain vehicles.

Not to mention the overpricing for vehicles in-game. Not to be compared with buying custom slots for vehicles. The pricing for the vehicles would be determined by the type of vehicle.

Ex: Hypercars and Supercars are worth 10 mil. More common cars would be around 100k - 300k.

These would be determined by the modelers / staff themselves. (Hopefully.)

LOCATIONS:

For the location, vehicles can be sold where the mechanic shop is at. However, it's recommended for it to be a more spacious area. Personally, we can use the Akihito Clan’s office. The Crime organization has been defunct and the office is no longer use.
This location is ideal, as it's close to the shops by the beach, and is accompanied by a parking lot. With that, its spacious inside, which can help display vehicles.
1682359689640.png

Another area would be where the old mechanic shop is. Next to the bowling alley, With another parking lot there, it would also serve as a space for cars. With another hotspot next to it, the bowling alley. Similar to the last location example.
1682359421246.png

In addition, every month, a vehicle will be showcased and will be bidded, giving players the chance to win exclusive vehicles. Vehicles that are considered rare, giving an opportunity to give others exclusive content. Of course, just like how bidding wins, the highest bid wins. However, this is optional.

It can work two ways.
  1. It would work similar to how the mechanic shop works, vehicles with fixed prices adjusted to how the server works. This way the ownership would be public, and easier to implement. Selling Unused/public vehicles, which doesn’t break Rule 10.4, and is helped by rule 10.3.

1. Similar to how Auction house works. This way would be more desirable, but a bit more complicated. Players can sell their old cars on the auction house where it can be monitored. (Under the assumption that Auction House items are monitored.) However, the catch is the way cars are implemented. The cars are bound to the owner.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

One of the biggest things in SRP is the car community in the server. This would not only benefit the people of the server, but also the server externally. With the remodel of older vehicles, it lowers the file size of the resource pack. For the community, it gives more opportunities for the population to obtain vehicles easier, especially for lower-income users. Personally, this won’t affect the sales of buying custom slots, as custom vehicles are at a fixed price in-game, as well as the ability to obtain the vehicle the buyer desires. For the dealership, it can open up opportunities for people to buy their custom vehicles as it gives them a taste of what cars are like in SRP and the community.

Mentioned before, being a modeler, I have been remodeling vehicles, and seeing that a majority of these vehicles that are currently in the server aren't in use, it would simply be a waste of space and perhaps, money. However, remaking some of these older vehicles then making them public will open up more doors towards the server and its people.

Vehicles are pretty hard to implement to the server, at least, to my knowledge. It's rare to find a Roleplay server with actual vehicles. Especially vehicles with specialized models. Seeing a dealership would cause an influx of more players to join the game and stay, as to my testimony, I’ve seen new players at awe with the vehicles. Giving them an opportunity to stay in the server and roleplay.

As mentioned before, the dealership would be a hotspot and a perfect place to roleplay. Bringing cars to those who have vehicles.

(Any other suggestion will be added if they're beneficial to the server.)

Shion

Level 4
+1
it would definitely open to more roleplay situations and could also make cars more available to the server and could all together make fun roleplay ideas

HunterHampter

Level 62
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
+1

Not only a good advertisement for Custom Cars, but also a big potential for a Roleplay Hotspot, and also opens up the Car Community side of SchoolRP.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
-1 for using the Asylum turf (Akihito Office). This is an existing gang turf location, perhaps a different location could be better? I'd prefer to have more roads to drive on if we're adding an insane amount of availability for vehicle purchase, as when there's more than two people around you driving it gets rather hectic, but +1 for adding more vehicles to be sold.

LithiumLibidoThe2nd

Level 5
-1 for using the Asylum turf (Akihito Office). This is an existing gang turf location, perhaps a different location could be better? I'd prefer to have more roads to drive on if we're adding an insane amount of availability for vehicle purchase, as when there's more than two people around you driving it gets rather hectic, but +1 for adding more vehicles to be sold.
I've provided the current auto shop as another location if Akihito isn't available. For the issue of a car-centric problem, we can encourage users to carpool with their friends/families in-game.

Last edited:

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Ex: Hypercars and Supercars are worth 10 mil. More common cars would be around 100k - 300k.
I cannot express to you how many issues this will cause for the server. Selling vehicles for 100-300k will heavily cause lag. If you decrease the price of vehicles like that, they'll be bought WAY more often. It will also decrease the price of the bike, which will take it down to about 10-20k per bike. Assuming that every new player and their best buddy want a bike, the server is going to end up with clones all over the map and bikes being left literally everywhere because of how easily affordable they are. Same goes with vehicles, which can also be easily abused if easily obtain able.

Not to mention the overpricing for vehicles in-game. Not to be compared with buying custom slots for vehicles. The pricing for the vehicles would be determined by the type of vehicle.
Vehicles are overpriced because players who buy them are obviously players who have money. Players who know how to play the server and are able to make that kind of money know how to use vehicles and to not abuse them. It's not a matter of being extremely expensive, it's a matter of not having to deal with abuse every single day with car owners.

For the location, vehicles can be sold where the mechanic shop is at. However, it's recommended for it to be a more spacious area. Personally, we can use the Akihito Clan’s office. The Crime organization has been defunct and the office is no longer use.
This unfortunately will not happen. As I've stated before, the asylum is a verified gang turf, and reserved for that purpose. As far as the other location goes, it's not needed when the autoshop is quite literally right there.

This idea came to me as I was remodeling older vehicles for SchoolRP. The vast amount of vehicles made, but with only a small percentage of it being in use, seems that these models will merely go to waste. I, for sure, don’t want to see that.
I can see models abandoned by players after 6-12 months can be added to the autoshop, however it does not require giving it it's own business outside the autoshop run by a player. Car purchases should always be 100% taxpayed as it helps keep the economy in check and disallowing one player to make millions a day.

As mentioned before, the dealership would be a hotspot and a perfect place to roleplay. Bringing cars to those who have vehicles.
There are many many car related roleplays around SRP. There is street racing, the auto shop, and even a garage where you can roleplay out fixing your car and talking about parts or whatever car people do.

Overall a -1. The only thing I would say +1 to is the potentiality of adding cars that players had a long time ago who quit to the auto shop NPC.

LithiumLibidoThe2nd

Level 5
I cannot express to you how many issues this will cause for the server. Selling vehicles for 100-300k will heavily cause lag. If you decrease the price of vehicles like that, they'll be bought WAY more often. It will also decrease the price of the bike, which will take it down to about 10-20k per bike. Assuming that every new player and their best buddy want a bike, the server is going to end up with clones all over the map and bikes being left literally everywhere because of how easily affordable they are. Same goes with vehicles, which can also be easily abused if easily obtain able.

Vehicles are overpriced because players who buy them are obviously players who have money. Players who know how to play the server and are able to make that kind of money know how to use vehicles and to not abuse them. It's not a matter of being extremely expensive, it's a matter of not having to deal with abuse every single day with car owners.

This unfortunately will not happen. As I've stated before, the asylum is a verified gang turf, and reserved for that purpose. As far as the other location goes, it's not needed when the autoshop is quite literally right there.

I can see models abandoned by players after 6-12 months can be added to the autoshop, however it does not require giving it it's own business outside the autoshop run by a player. Car purchases should always be 100% taxpayed as it helps keep the economy in check and disallowing one player to make millions a day.

There are many many car related roleplays around SRP. There is street racing, the auto shop, and even a garage where you can roleplay out fixing your car and talking about parts or whatever car people do.

Overall a -1. The only thing I would say +1 to is the potentiality of adding cars that players had a long time ago who quit to the auto shop NPC.
1. The pricing was more an example, but I do agree selling it a lot cheaper would cause problems with over-population of cars, in which I more insisted that the Server itself places the prices depending on the type of car, or car pooling.

2. For the location, I'm more convinced with the current auto shop, and having it revamped, as it provides what is needed, and isn't really in the way of the lore/story.

3. The shop isn't ran by a player, but Server side, thus the In-game money directly goes towards the taxpay.

4. That is true, but this will expand Car roleplay on SRP even further.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
4. That is true, but this will expand Car roleplay on SRP even further.
How will adding a few more cars to the autoshop NPC enhance roleplay aside from making more cars available for exterior roleplay such as street racing, and the garage run by nylu?

LithiumLibidoThe2nd

Level 5
How will adding a few more cars to the autoshop NPC enhance roleplay aside from making more cars available for exterior roleplay such as street racing, and the garage run by nylu?
More cars available would bring people to gather and Roleplay other things, even outside of exterior roleplay. People don't necessarily rely on the Mechanic shop. Not only just roleplay, but for gameplay as well. People buy cars to get to locations quicker, making the quality of life in the server better. Having more vehicles can create discussion among people OOCLY and ICLY.

Lxrd

Level 11
This would be immensely helpful for the SRP community. Specifically with more car groups popping up, Karakura needs cars. I currently have to bridge the gap with this issue by renting out the cars that I own, which is not practical. Adding more garages will give players more locations to take part in roleplay, it is quite often that the garage doors are closed to all, and not a soul can be seen inside. Automotive roleplay is a fun and open center that anyone to take part in, whether they understand mechanics or not. It's also educational out of character: it gives people access to a wealth of valuable information that can help them both in and out of character. Automotive roleplay is the only reason I came back to this server after a large break, and taking part of this roleplay has given me more of a passion towards this hobby. Bringing an additional space for the current roleplay community to grow is something that the server should always have the space for, and something along these lines offers an avenue for newer players to come and learn how to interact with those that are more experienced. So many players are looking for a place to call home, and an auto shop is the perfect place for that kind of interaction. Not to mention the employment opportunities.
The primary thing hindering players from taking a part is cars. With more access and variety more will come into contact with the community, meaning that more and more roleplay will be spurred into action.

If this doesn't come into fruition, maybe some alternate organization could take place. It would be worth it.

Overall +1

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
+1 / -1

i respect the first things you said, but i don't agree on the price. vehicles aren't realistically 100k/300k yen, and players would overbuy cars etc. , making the server laggier.

LithiumLibidoThe2nd

Level 5
+1 / -1

i respect the first things you said, but i don't agree on the price. vehicles aren't realistically 100k/300k yen, and players would overbuy cars etc. , making the server laggier.
As mentioned before, the prices were more of an example. They don't have to be drastically cheaper. Also, realistically, domestic cars especially used and old tend to be around that price.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We recently moved the Car Dealership to the new Apartment Block L at 1975x 1250y.​
- Unfortunately we won't be lowering the In-Character Car Dealership's vehicle base prices, however I've upped the daily deal maximum % off to up to 25%, meaning you can get yourself a deal if you actively check the shop daily; there's a new deal each day.​
- We've added the 7th and final vehicle for now, the 'Grey BMW' with 4 seats.​

Users who are viewing this thread