pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
IGN: loveagain / lilythefrog
DATE: April 23rd, 2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I know that it's very possible that we may not have enough interested people on the server for an entire full city hall, but I believe if we only have necessary departments, like city management along with the education department, and parks department, along with a full board of council members, as they are called in local American government, that a local government could be formed.

In Japan, they have divisions called Prefectures, and each prefecture has a governor running each. Karakura would realistically not have a government, due to the size of the server not being massive enough to be considered a prefecture, but I still believe it'd be a great addition to roleplay.

In the Prefecture of Toyko, this is their full division of government.
Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.19.58 AM.png
Obviously many of these Bureaus would not be necessary for Karakura, the American equal to these Bureaus would be departments basically. The equal of the Toyko Metropolitan Assembly for Karakura could work with the KPD to either enact, amend, or repeal ordinances. But that is the real only purpose needed from them, so if it was added, not a lot of members would be needed. I believe the Board of Education, the Labor Relations Commission, and the Public Safety Commission, which would be the KPD. Bureaus that would be needed in Karakura is General Affairs, Environment, Social Welfare and Public Health (EMS), Industrial and Labor Affairs, the Bureaus of Urban Development and Construction could be put into one and made up of the server's build team, and finally the Public Enterprise Bureaus, which would be one Bureau containing transportation, waterworks, and sewerage. The Governor and Assembly would work closely together, managing all of the Bureaus together, and creating and making laws for the city.

The duties of all Bureaus and divisions can be found at this link - https://www.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/ENGLISH/ABOUT/STRUCTURE/structure04.htm

- You'll find all division duties that I listed under this link, also all other divisions that Toyko has, so any that you deem necessary to have can be added.

Karakura Judicial System
https://www.nichibenren.or.jp/en/about/judicial_system/judicial_system.html
- 1.1 Summary Courts (Recommended to add)
- 1.2 Family Courts (Recommended to add)
- 1.3 District Courts (Recommended to add)
- 1.4 High Courts (Realistically not needed)
- 1.5 Supreme Courts (Realistically not needed)

1.1 - Summary Courts
- This level of the court would be used for minor criminal cases and civil cases. As stated in 2.1 "Civil cases are legal disputes between private individuals. The classic examples are disputes over the lending of money or real property leases. Indeed, the vast majority of legal disputes are civil cases. When these cases are disputed in court, they are referred to as “civil lawsuits” in which an individual’s rights and obligations are ultimately determined by a judgment." This part of government would be used a bit I'd say with cases of trespassing, damage to property, any and all sorts of lawsuits, and minor assault. This would be the flow chart for how cases would go under this part of the court.
Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 1.03.47 AM.png

1.2 Family Courts
- This would be used the least out of the three courts that I recommend to add, but it would add more layers to roleplay I'd believe. It would deal with family affair cases, marriage annulments, cancelations, and divorces. Also would deal with custody over children, inheritance, and adult guardianship. More information can be found on the link.

1.3 District Courts
- This would be the most used out of all three branches of the courts, would deal with adult criminal cases and juvenile criminal cases, they would work closely with the KPD to work on these cases, adding a lot more layers of roleplay to the investigator division. Suspects of crime will be brought into investigations to be questioned, as I'm sure the police department's investigators already know, and if they are found deemed for a warrant for arrest, then they'll be informed of their rights and held until they're put into dentition until the date of the court case, where it will be disputed and dealt with in the court. More information can be found about it on the link above, along with this flow chart of how cases work.
Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 1.10.56 AM.png

1.4/1.5 High Courts and Supreme Courts
- These are courts I don't see necessary specifically needed IN Karakura, but please feel free to make any comments below.

--------------------------------
Please make comments and additions to this !!! I want to know what you all have to say about this. :-)

Also please see what heartbreakings said about the court system as I think that would also be a great idea on how to run it!!

Last edited:
Karakura Judicial System

1.1 - Summary Courts
- This level of the court would be used for minor criminal cases and civil cases. As stated in 2.1 "Civil cases are legal disputes between private individuals. The classic examples are disputes over the lending of money or real property leases. Indeed, the vast majority of legal disputes are civil cases. When these cases are disputed in court, they are referred to as “civil lawsuits” in which an individual’s rights and obligations are ultimately determined by a judgment." This part of government would be used a bit I'd say with cases of trespassing, damage to property, any and all sorts of lawsuits, and minor assault. This would be the flow chart for how cases would go under this part of the court.
View attachment 10784

1.2 Family Courts
- This would be used the least out of the three courts that I recommend to add, but it would add more layers to roleplay I'd believe. It would deal with family affair cases, marriage annulments, cancelations, and divorces. Also would deal with custody over children, inheritance, and adult guardianship. More information can be found on the link.

1.3 District Courts
- This would be the most used out of all three branches of the courts, would deal with adult criminal cases and juvenile criminal cases, they would work closely with the KPD to work on these cases, adding a lot more layers of roleplay to the investigator division. Suspects of crime will be brought into investigations to be questioned, as I'm sure the police department's investigators already know, and if they are found deemed for a warrant for arrest, then they'll be informed of their rights and held until they're put into dentition until the date of the court case, where it will be disputed and dealt with in the court. More information can be found about it on the link above, along with this flow chart of how cases work.
View attachment 10785

- These are courts I don't see necessary specifically needed IN Karakura, but please feel free to make any comments below.

I like the suggestion in relation to the judiciary, albeit I am fairly certain they were once a thing, only to be disbanded later on. Nonetheless, as a student of law, I feel obligated to give my thoughts and as such, here's my thoughts.

1. The only court that should be added is one single hybrid court, while distinct courts, not needed.
As a general rule within legal systems, different forms of legal fields (civil, family, criminal, etc') generally have separate courts for each, such as District Courts for criminal cases as you've mentioned. The issue with making separate courts is that it forces multiple buildings to be constructed. Therefore, having one single hybrid court that deals with all legal matters would lead to the need of only one court and therefore simplifies construction greatly.

2. As a result of a single hybrid court, there should be all-rounded judges and lawyers.
An 'all-rounded' judge is essentially a judge who deals with cases of all forms, with the same definitional reasoning for lawyers. However, this causes a problem. It is not realistic for a lawyer or a judge to be competent in all fields of law. Lawyers and judges specialize, such as certain lawyers dealing with criminal cases while certain judges dealing with civil cases. Two separate positions can be taken :
i. have a roster of lawyers and judges who can choose to specialize in certain areas of law, which maximizes the greatest amount of job opportunities for players in SchoolRP. It also maximizes realism.
ii. have a roster of lawyers and judges who are allowed to deal with any type of case, which simplifies things greatly and allows lawyers & judges to be engaged in most cases. It also maximizes practicality.
The reason why, as hinted by the subtitle, the second position is superior is because usually practicality beats realism for a roleplay server. Plus, one cannot expect there to be always enough lawyers and judges to deal with a specific part of law. A situation may arise where there is an overflow of criminal law lawyers yet there is barely any civil law lawyers and this causes workload for civil cases to overflow on the existing civil law lawyers. Practicality is also one of the driving factors behind the first thought.

3. There must be an initial blockade against the 'floodgates of litigation'.
The term 'floodgates of litigation' refers to a situation where a massive amount of legal cases are suddenly filed to the court as a result of something, such as a change in the law. If the judicial system is implemented within SchoolRP, a significant concern is that people may begin to arbitrarily file massive amounts of cases to the court with weak or no substantial evidence. Therefore, a check is needed against this. A simple way to rectify this is as follows :
-If someone wishes to file a case, they must file an application with a set format (e.g. the name of the defendant, the claim, etc'). After that, they will be reviewed by the Faction Lead of the Karakura Judiciary (or senior associates thereof). If the case is deemed worthy, it will proceed to court with a set date and time for both parties. If it is not, then the cases gets thrown out and nothing happens as a result.

'Never mistake law for justice.
Justice is an ideal. Law is a tool'.

-L.E. Modesitt Jr.

Last edited:

NukaRndz

Level 53
IGN: loveagain / lilythefrog
DATE: April 23rd, 2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I know that it's very possible that we may not have enough interested people on the server for an entire full city hall, but I believe if we only have necessary departments, like city management along with the education department, and parks department, along with a full board of council members, as they are called in local American government, that a local government could be formed.

In Japan, they have divisions called Prefectures, and each prefecture has a governor running each. Karakura would realistically not have a government, due to the size of the server not being massive enough to be considered a prefecture, but I still believe it'd be a great addition to roleplay.

In the Prefecture of Toyko, this is their full division of government.
View attachment 10783
Obviously many of these Bureaus would not be necessary for Karakura, the American equal to these Bureaus would be departments basically. The equal of the Toyko Metropolitan Assembly for Karakura could work with the KPD to either enact, amend, or repeal ordinances. But that is the real only purpose needed from them, so if it was added, not a lot of members would be needed. I believe the Board of Education, the Labor Relations Commission, and the Public Safety Commission, which would be the KPD. Bureaus that would be needed in Karakura is General Affairs, Environment, Social Welfare and Public Health (EMS), Industrial and Labor Affairs, the Bureaus of Urban Development and Construction could be put into one and made up of the server's build team, and finally the Public Enterprise Bureaus, which would be one Bureau containing transportation, waterworks, and sewerage. The Governor and Assembly would work closely together, managing all of the Bureaus together, and creating and making laws for the city.

The duties of all Bureaus and divisions can be found at this link - https://www.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/ENGLISH/ABOUT/STRUCTURE/structure04.htm

- You'll find all division duties that I listed under this link, also all other divisions that Toyko has, so any that you deem necessary to have can be added.

Karakura Judicial System

1.1 - Summary Courts
View attachment 10784

1.2 Family Courts

1.3 District Courts
View attachment 10785

Please make comments and additions to this !!! I want to know what you all have to say about this. :-)

Though I like the idea, like stated to many suggests that fall alongside this one, SchoolRP is meant to be a school role play server and we're trying to focus it more on the school aspect rather than the city aspect. I do think that your idea is very well put together, and does go into explaining the smaller details of it, and I'm not here to put down or say the idea is bad, just keep in mind this is SchoolRP, not CityRp.

RoseRP

Level 46
As Nuka suggested above, they did have at onepoint a 'court of law'
However, they decided to remove this idea to get away from CityRP and back into SchoolRP.
So while it's a good idea- it'd go back to the point of everyone wanting to be adults again.

Im6

Level 184
DENIED

- Thanks for the feedback however we've chosen to deny this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread