mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Karakura General Mention

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

A suggestion should present the problem --- as well as the perfect solution for said problem.
What you've shown us is a very small scale problem that doesn't effect many people... without a solution.

jugheads

Level 6
jugheads
jugheads
Notable

A suggestion should present the problem --- as well as the perfect solution for said problem.
What you've shown us is a very small scale problem that doesn't effect many people... without a solution.
It's a MENTION

jugheads

Level 6
jugheads
jugheads
Notable

From what I've seen, you don't need to action to put a lock on a door. It's already implied that the door is locked from both sides. I see where you come from but if someone called and really was kidnapped in an area, they should not be able to /warp or it'd be failrp. Though I get what you may be saying, it is also realistic for people to call when they are kidnapped. If they really were kidnapped, why would they warp away? Unless they are lying, I don't see the issue. If I kidnapped someone and they were in an apartment or house that I owned, I surely wouldn't want them to just warp out.

If someone was stuck and not kidnapped inside of a house, it may be possible that it is a new player that doesn't know how and it's not their fault. And for situations when a player is stuck in a spot that they physically could not get out of, I don't see the problem with them calling 110 to get out. The phone number isn't only just for crimes. In addition to that, just because KPD might be dealing with something already doesn't mean that people shouldn't call in the case of an emergency like this. It isn't often that KPD is dealing with a gang event and when it comes to stabbed victims, there are more than just a few KPD members, I'm sure some could branch off and deal with other situations.

If this is also going for calls where you go to where they say they are kidnapped but when you get there, they aren't there, people might be baiting the KPD to a specific area to commit a crime and get away with it. I have done this before to get cops to a specific area so that I'd be free to do something in another.
Does this make any sense? If they are kidnapped; which usually means having a phone taken away; being tied down something that means you've got no access to the outside world? How are they meant to call for KPD?

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Does this make any sense? If they are kidnapped; which usually means having a phone taken away; being tied down something that means you've got no access to the outside world? How are they meant to call for KPD?
Being kidnapped is not only restrained to just being tied down and having your phone taken. In the cases where that happens (which does happen often), KPD will not get a call. Though, for the times when someone has access to a phone, of course, you will get a call from them. If someone has the ability to call, they will call. I don't think KPD ever gets calls where someone is 100% restrained since that would be considered failrp since they are tied up (unless proven otherwise due to other circumstances).

If your point is how people get stuck and call, then I'd understand that. I wouldn't want a call late at night about how someone got stuck inside the school because the gates closed. But if your point is how if someone got kidnapped and put in a room, then I don't see why it does not make sense. If your character cannot open the door due to not having perms to the door, it's implied that they don't have keys regardless of the kind of door. In that case, they would need to roleplay it out!

Reminder: In case you did not know, kidnapping perms count as major perms. Players are allowed to kidnap and hold a player in a specific place for 7 OOCLY days. If someone was kidnapped, it is without a doubt failrp for them to warp out.

Hopefully, this clears any misunderstandings you have!

Edit: If a player kidnapped someone and failed to take away the person's phone, then that's the kidnapper's fault when the person calls and gets saved by KPD. I've seen this happen before!

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
It's a MENTION
I'm completely aware that it was intended not to solve the issue but just talk about it -- again, not a good suggestion (which is what this thread section is for). If you want to MENTION something then it should be done on discord or something like that. I posted a negative -1 towards it it because you didn't offer a solution (what makes a good suggestion, a y'know GOOD suggestion)

jugheads

Level 6
jugheads
jugheads
Notable
I'm completely aware that it was intended not to solve the issue but just talk about it -- again, not a good suggestion (which is what this thread section is for). If you want to MENTION something then it should be done on discord or something like that. I posted a negative -1 towards it it because you didn't offer a solution (what makes a good suggestion, a y'know GOOD suggestion)
The whole thread here is for Feedback, the literal Font they give you is for a Suggestion or a Mention; and that’s what the thread section is for.

Users who are viewing this thread