Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

ashleevaj
How old are you? (Optional):

21 years young, turning 22 in May 2024
What is your time zone?:

Pacific Standard Time
Describe your activity on the server:

I usually get on when I'm not working.
I usually stay on for the whole school day (or my freetime) if the time in the server is on a school day, but if it's on a weekend or night, I usually get on for about a couple hours interacting with players.
Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

I have gotten banned a while back when we had the first school map for being rude. I was young, and I had an appeal for my ban which got accepted (couple months after my ban). I am not proud of the reason why I got banned, but I am so proud to be given a second chance to play on this server again. I believe my actions then do not refection who I am today.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

I am completely aware that if I am inactive, I will be demoted. I understand that people who don't value their jobs on the server will have to be given to someone else who will do a more efficient job at it.
School Employee Role you are applying for?:

I am applying for chef.
In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

The individuals who prepare lunches for high school students hold a vital role in their well-being and education. They are responsible for ensuring that students receive nutritious and safe meals, supporting their physical and cognitive development, academic performance, and overall health. These chefs also play a part in promoting cultural awareness by introducing students to diverse cuisines. They accommodate special dietary needs, manage time efficiently to provide students with adequate lunch breaks, and reduce stress by offering satisfying meals that enhance focus in the classroom. Moreover, they contribute to community building, as the lunchroom often serves as a place for social interaction, and they can educate students about healthy eating habits. In essence, these lunch providers are essential in creating a positive and supportive environment within the school community.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

People call me an OG when I tell them how long I have been playing on this server. I am familiar with the roleplay commands for the server such as /rh /me /call, etc. I understand the concept of a roleplay server, specifically for a school.
Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:

As an "OG" player for SchoolRP, I have watched this community grow so much, and I am so proud to possibly be a part of a team that will only grow more from here. I specifically wanted to apply for the chef role because I hardly see any on. They play such a crucial role to the school, and I want to be the extra body on when no other chef is available to feed the school.
Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

N/A
What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

High School Student [Grade-12] AshleeVaj
────────────

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
When a student starts being rude while I am at work, it's important to stay calm and act professionally. Listen to what they're saying and try to understand their feelings. Tell them firmly but politely that their behavior is not okay. If things get worse or unsafe, get help from a teacher/supervisor. Write down what happened, and if it's bothering you, talk to someone about it to make sure you're okay mentally.
You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

If I see two students fighting and punching each other in a hallway, my main concern is to keep everyone safe. I wouldn't try to break up the fight physically because that could be risky for me. Instead, I'd call for help right away, like school security or another teacher, and let them know where the fight is happening. If there are other adults nearby, I'd tell them too. I'd stay at a safe distance from the fight and ask other students to move away to avoid making things worse. I'd also try to remember what's going on and who's there. Schools usually have rules for dealing with fights, so I'd follow those, and if needed, I'd be ready to talk about what I saw later on.
Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

If I see a coworker doing something dangerous and wrong at school, I'd first make sure everyone is safe. I wouldn't argue with them directly, but I'd quickly tell a boss or someone in charge about what's happening, giving them all the details. I'd also write down what I saw. I'd follow the rules the school has for reporting this kind of thing and help with any investigations if needed. And I'd keep it private, not gossip about it, and talk to my boss if I wasn't sure what to do.
When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

I really enjoy the opportunity to connect with people and build relationships, especially in a work environment. I find it fulfilling to engage in conversations with new colleagues because it not only helps me understand their perspectives and experiences but also fosters a sense of camaraderie within the team. Building bonds with my colleagues not only enhances our working relationships but also creates a supportive and collaborative atmosphere, which I believe is crucial for our collective success. I value the opportunity to learn from others and contribute to a positive and productive work environment through meaningful interactions and connections.
Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me

As Ashlee stands in the bustling kitchen, the sizzle of the steak hitting the hot pan is music to her ears. The steak, perfectly marbled and seasoned just right, releases a tantalizing aroma that fills the air. She watches as the meat sears to a beautiful golden brown, creating a flavorful crust. The asparagus, with its vibrant green hue, sizzles in the same pan, absorbing the savory juices of the steak.
/me

With each flip of the steak and every turn of the asparagus, Ashlee feels the anticipation building. She knows that timing is crucial, and she has have got to get it just right. The steak starts to reach that ideal medium-rare doneness – tender and juicy on the inside, with a slight resistance to the knife. Plating time comes, and she carefully arranges the asparagus alongside the perfectly cooked steak. The contrast of colors is visually stunning, and Ashlee can't help but smile. The steak is a work of culinary art, a testament to the countless hours of practice and passion that have brought her to this point.
/me

As Ashlee takes a moment to admire her salvating creation, a sense of pride washes over her. It's not just about the flavors and textures; it's about the joy of sharing a perfectly cooked meal with others, knowing that all the effort was worth it. This steak and asparagus dish, executed flawlessly, is not just food – it's a masterpiece, and she can't wait to see the delight on the students' face when they take that first, savory bite.
────────────

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only): Hi! I am Ashlee Yuriko, nice to meet you!
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Please, call me Chef Ash!
Preferred Name:
You may feel free to call me Ashlee, or Ash. Whichever one you prefer!

Age (Minimum is 25):
I am currently 23 years young.

Academic Degree:
Bachelor's Degree
Major(s):
Can you guess? Culinary Arts
Minors:
with a minor in Hospitality Management.

Nationality:
I am 1/3 Japanese and 2/3 Hmong.
Known Languages:
I am fluent in English and Hmong, and currently learning Japanese. My Japanese can be compared to a beginner's level.

Backstory
Motivation for Joining KHS:

Growing up in a close-knit Hmong-Japanese family, my world revolved around the art of cooking. In our culture, expressing love through food was the highest form of affection, and it left an indelible mark on my culinary journey. However, it was a pivotal moment during my childhood that set me on the path to becoming a chef. At the tender age of eight, during one of my summer vacations, I had the privilege of experiencing authentic Tonkotsu Ramen for the very first time. It was served in a quaint shop tucked away near the bustling shopping district of Karakura. The shop's owner, Mr. Kirakothu Itamo, would forever be etched in my memory. His warm and friendly demeanor left an indelible impression on me, and his generosity knew no bounds. To my sheer delight, he even allowed me to keep his cherished pair of lacquered chopsticks as a memento of that unforgettable visit. Those chopsticks, now a cherished keepsake, hold immeasurable value to me. As I reflect on that fateful encounter, I can't help but attribute it to the spark that ignited my passion for cooking. Mr. Kirakothu's dedication and fervor for crafting delectable dishes left an indelible mark on my young heart. It was from that day forward that I aspired to be a chef, to channel the same kind of fervent passion into my culinary creations and, in turn, express my own love language through the art of food to the world.
Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

N/A
Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I believe I would be an excellent fit for this high school chef position because of my combination of culinary skills, passion for education, and a commitment to creating a positive dining experience for students. What sets me apart is my genuine enthusiasm for teaching and inspiring students to appreciate the art of cooking and make healthy food choices. I have experience working with diverse cuisines and dietary preferences, and I'm committed to promoting nutrition and food education in a way that resonates with high school students. Additionally, my strong communication and teamwork skills make me well-suited for collaborating with the school community and ensuring a smooth dining operation. I'm excited about the opportunity to contribute my culinary expertise and educational passion to enhance the dining experience at this high school.
────────────

Extra
I love Ramen, Spicy Food, and Pembroke Welsh Corgis!
Additional notes about your application: N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your application, however after careful consideration and discussing this application with the current department, I have decided to decline it.

* Got a question about your application? Click here.

Users who are viewing this thread