mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Karakura Museum Exhibit (& possibly permanent installation)

ErikFinster

Level 174
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: ErikFinster
What's the title of your suggestion?: Karakura Museum Exhibit (& possibly permanent installation)

What's your suggestion?:
(1) I would like to see a museum exhibit realized with the help of the Event and Lore teams (similar to the traveling zoo event). I would like to provide custom furniture for the first museum exhibit—an exhibit that offers opportunities for lore exploration and roleplay. I would love to show art pieces (postmodern, modern, and pre-modern), geography, geology, astronomy, cultural artefacts, history of the city, japan, and world history at large. A temporary exhibit could be accessed via the bus or convention center.

(2) As a permanent installation, the exhibit pieces could be placed collectively or split up at existing venues (such as the Zen Garden, the Akihito Estate, or the Shrine), or if the collection is kept in one place, possibly a vacant downtown building with its own museum facade.

I read that something in that regard was already planned once but was currently on hold.
Which is why I'd like to breath new life into it. I'm already - slowly but steadily - collecting exhibit furniture customs.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
a) This will provide temporary or permanent opportunities for school/college field trips, tourist roleplay, and special lectures. Beyond that, it would also complement Karakura City as a place of culture and offer criminals and KPD a temporary opportunity to steal valuables or solve a classic cat burglar case (as an example).

b) If implemented permanently, it could serve the SRP Lore Team as an IC headquarters, with regularly updated exhibitions, new time periods to explore, and elaboration through furniture customs and info-blocks (modern art, geography, anthropology, local culture, international/colonial exhibits, WWII, Meiji/Edo, Japanese medieval times, prehistoric, etc.).

c) If established as an institution - It might offer a new place of commerce, with a staffed gift shop, and possibly new IC job roles as museum directors, curators, museum staff, or alternatively a place for professors in various academic fields to work outside of college.

d) If implemented permanently, it could provide a steady stream of income for the server as new furniture customs would be requested regularly to keep the installations fresh and up to date. Having a public place to showcase furniture customs is not only an enticing incentive for me but would generally be a good place to hoard and display the furniture custom donations of other players.

Last edited:

Leo_14

Level 31
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
+1

This idea is something completely im completely for, I don't see any negatives from making a museum after all

DarkEclipic

Level 179
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
This was something that was suggested before and I'd have to find it, and it was denied. but I WOULD LOVE something like this!!!

+111

ErikFinster

Level 174
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
This was something that was suggested before and I'd have to find it, and it was denied. but I WOULD LOVE something like this!!!

+111
Thank youu~ !!
I've read the previous suggestion and I'm more confident in this latest proposal - since it offers permanent and temporary solutions.

__SnowStorm

Level 17
What's your Minecraft Username?: ErikFinster
What's the title of your suggestion?: Karakura Museum Exhibit (& possibly permanent installation)

What's your suggestion?:
(1) I would like to see a museum exhibit realized with the help of the Event and Lore teams (similar to the traveling zoo event). I would like to provide custom furniture for the first museum exhibit—an exhibit that offers opportunities for lore exploration and roleplay. I would love to show art pieces (postmodern, modern, and pre-modern), geography, geology, astronomy, cultural artefacts, history of the city, japan, and world history at large. A temporary exhibit could be accessed via the bus or convention center.

(2) As a permanent installation, the exhibit pieces could be placed collectively or split up at existing venues (such as the Zen Garden, the Akihito Estate, or the Shrine), or if the collection is kept in one place, possibly a vacant downtown building with its own museum facade.

I read that something in that regard was already planned once but was currently on hold.
Which is why I'd like to breath new life into it. I'm already - slowly but steadily - collecting exhibit furniture customs.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
a) This will provide temporary or permanent opportunities for school/college field trips, tourist roleplay, and special lectures. Beyond that, it would also complement Karakura City as a place of culture and offer criminals and KPD a temporary opportunity to steal valuables or solve a classic cat burglar case (as an example).

b) If implemented permanently, it could serve the SRP Lore Team as an IC headquarters, with regularly updated exhibitions, new time periods to explore, and elaboration through furniture customs and info-blocks (modern art, geography, anthropology, local culture, international/colonial exhibits, WWII, Meiji/Edo, Japanese medieval times, prehistoric, etc.).

c) If established as an institution - It might offer a new place of commerce, with a staffed gift shop, and possibly new IC job roles as museum directors, curators, museum staff, or alternatively a place for professors in various academic fields to work outside of college.

d) If implemented permanently, it could provide a steady stream of income for the server as new furniture customs would be requested regularly to keep the installations fresh and up to date. Having a public place to showcase furniture customs is not only an enticing incentive for me but would generally be a good place to hoard and display the furniture custom donations of other players.
+1

Mialyansa

Level 73
+1 i believe this opens the door to great roleplay regarding culture. I believe it would be fun there also existed guided visits.

ErikFinster

Level 174
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
If we get a permanent exhibit, I'd love to see dedicated rooms for paleontology, geology, zoology, world history, anthropology, archaeology, modern art, art history, technology, and astronomy. Additionally, one or two rooms for rotating exhibitions would be great.

Perhaps we could also have a room that serves as a restoration lab and a place for expired exhibits, a conference room for museum/institute staff, and a visitor center that doubles as a coffee and souvenir shop. A lobby with an info desk would be great as well. But that's just fantasizing.

I'd be happy if we have an exhibit at all - permanent or temporary.

__SnowStorm

Level 17
If we get a permanent exhibit, I'd love to see dedicated rooms for paleontology, geology, zoology, world history, anthropology, archaeology, modern art, art history, technology, and astronomy. Additionally, one or two rooms for rotating exhibitions would be great.

Perhaps we could also have a room that serves as a restoration lab and a place for expired exhibits, a conference room for museum/institute staff, and a visitor center that doubles as a coffee and souvenir shop. A lobby with an info desk would be great as well. But that's just fantasizing.

I'd be happy if we have an exhibit at all - permanent or temporary.
ankle pics exhibit >>>>

Users who are viewing this thread