mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Karakura News | BEHIND THE SCENES: DETECTIVES!

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+

1640616962348.png

27/12/2021
Tomochin Taikan

Happy Monday everybody!

As promised in a few articles back - an interview with none other than Yuzuki Taikan. . I said that I’d be hitting you all with yet another Behind the Scenes article this month! A holiday treat, if you will. Well, that’s exactly what I’ll be doing today! I’ve got an interview with none other than Ernesto Martinez from the KPD!

TT: Ahh.. Let's kick it off with your name, age and occupation!
EM: Name's Ernesto Martinez; forty-five and serving as the Detective Superintendent of the Karakura Police Department
TT: Awesome. . And, Ernesto - how long have you been working in the police force?​
EM: I'd say around 4 to 5 years so far. However, I had already been working as a detective way before I arrived at Karakura. Hence my position.
TT: That's one hell of a long time! So, Ernesto.. do you think your work in the force is fulfilling? What's it mean to you?​
EM: Hmmm.. Well, it depends on what you mean by fulfilling.
TT: Does it make ya feel whole?​
EM: Well. To answer that I should talk about the reason why I joined. As many people might already know, I arrived after my son's death, so, in a sense, I'm kind of doing this for him. However, going back to the question, and whether it's fulfilling. I'd say so... But there are situations where you'd wish you were but a simple bystander, if you get what I mean. However, I do acknowledge that what we do helps people, and that's somewhat our "raison d'etre".
TT: I... see. That's really deep, but it's such a strong reason to be serving for! If you don't mind me asking. . Do you feel like you really are doing your son justice?​
EM: Well, if you want me o be honest, I know that whatever I do for his sake will not bring him back. Even if we catch all the criminals from this city, heck, all the criminals in the world, even. I know that all of that will not fix anything. However, I like to believe that his legacy must live on. It's not about revenge, it is about family values, one could say.
TT: Oh.. Ernesto, that's really lovely. Do you think many others in your bloodline will enter the force, and do you expect them to?​
EM: Well, in that sense, I can't really force them to fulfil what they wish. Of course, I do not want them to go through what we're going right now, but - I am aware that they are no longer children, and that they have the freedom to choose what they think is right.
TT: More onto the department itself. . How do you view your coworkers? What's your relationship with them?​
EM: Surprisingly despite the alleged "corrupt" officers that everyone has talked about in the past - You know, Preston & Junoha-, we've been getting along quite well. Of course, some of us don't really got along to a personal level, but cooperation is quite the strong point here at the department; especially in the Detective Division.
TT: The detective division, eh? Can you give me a little bit of insight into what work you guys do?​
EM: Hmm.. Where do we start with.. We're he division of the police department that's in charge of investigating, rather than enforcing the law. Of course, we carry out the same duties as the main division.. Arrests, fines, raids, all of that. However, we're more focused on investigating people and/or cases. In a way, it's more "boring" but it really isn't. It's a matter of likes, to be honest.
TT: I see! Are you able to tell me about any cases you've worked on, or is that confidential?​
EM: Well, I'm afraid most of that information is confidential, but we have worked in some well-known former gangs such as the infamous KAGE or The River. As for the ones we're currently working on, it's classified.
TT: And.. finally. What would you say to anyone out there wishing to apply for the police department?​
EM: If I had to say something to them, I'd say the following. We're not going to promise that you will be safe; in fact many people will target you. But it is precisely the ability to overcome these things that we're searching for in applicants. If you're capable of withstanding the pressure of the Karakura Police Department and still be determined to continue forward to fulfil our goals, I can promise you that you will reach far.
... Besides, we have cool hats to wear. What else can you ask for?

SCREENSHOT CREDIT:
@Ferri

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT APPLYING TO BE AN OFFICER

Users who are viewing this thread