AllenBUwU

Level 83
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable

Jim Kaede Yasushi - December 18, 2022. - 4.7 C | 40.4 F

Lack of Remembrance.
Jim K. Yasushi.

[!] - It was a live, broadcasted report for once .. not the usually writing from ‘Jim’ .. surely he’ll post the written version later, but today, he went live -

Good evening, Karakura Residents. Today I am presenting a televised special brought to you by Karakura news regarding an issue that's be residing in Karakura for ages. There are plenty of First and Emergency Responders, those who are on the Frontline helping stop and prevent crime, and fighting to get to those who need help. No matter the role, rank or position you played, if you helped out or were apart of these forces, you'd think you'd deserve some recognition, right? Even if you retire, you still helped people, you were still a hero. So what happens if you die? You went through traumatic work, got hurt, risked your life, and likely, didn't have a full life either. Who's going to remember you? What will be your legacy? Well from what my research has shown, there will likely .. not be one for you.

It seems like there's an uneasy pattern in Karakura, where only the big clan or yakuza families get remembered such as the Akihitos. Or perhaps people who were well known in general .. but not all of these known people perhaps risked their lives like those who again, were First Responders. I personally visited the Karakura cemetery and was baffled by the lack of marked graves there. Though something did catch my eye, way off to the side of the cemetery. I noticed two marked Graves belonging to a sergeant and commissioner.. so I began doing research about both and others who had similar positions. I then also did research about other marked Graves in the cemetery.. from there I went around and asked the public whoknoew who.. the answer likely won't surprise you. As guessed, majority only knew those with staple last names as again, Akihito.

So then I did more research, who else has died and not gotten recognition, let alone a grave with their name. I found several people who I could name here, but I'll focus one, Makoto Shimada. I learned from his former lover, Allen Black who's a well known member of Karakura Education as a Professional Literatures Teacher, about the former officer.. And what he told me, honestly made me upset. Makoto Shimada was a seargent with KPD, and he wasn't just a Survivor of the 11/7 blowing up, but was also a Survivor of former Commissioner Herrington's abuse, as he was shot several times by him. But, for someone who went through so much.. why wouldn't he get at least a grave by fellow former downed officers? Why would someone, who fought so hard to not just surve the city but also went through traumatic, life threatening injuries from someone above him, someone as a public we should've been able to trust .. not get a grave? Yet someone who was a leader of a yakuza, or yakuza members in general, are the ones we are choosing to remember? And I'm sure you're reading this now, not knowing who I'm even talking about or who Makoto shomada was, and I wouldn't blame you. Interviews I've hosted showed that KPD themselves seem to forget those before them ..

So now, let me ask you guys again. What if you were in the position of getting seriously Injured, fighting perhaps possibly daily for our safety, and end up dying to unfortunate circumstances .. Would you like to die knowing damn well the only people who will remember you and celebrate you is perhaps just your family and friends? I doubt you would. And therefore, I bring up my final point, Karakura needs to do better at preserving the memory of those who had fallen. If we can't give someone a grave at LEAST to remember them by, how are we meant to expect to remember other heros? I don't see the Education System teaching our new generations who fought for your safety? Who worked as EMS in tragic conditions? And so I say, with what I've seen and gathered, karakura should take a step up in honoring our fallen heros.

I'll be updating this with a follow up report in the form of an interview with someone who is actively apart of the first responders community, or someone who has a close relationship with one after the break”

[!] - insert news break here! A commercial for Sayonara gift shop played! -

1671379178294.png

[Yasushi]: "Good morning Karakura residents, I'm Jim Yasushi reporting in today a very special interview with Keiki Zaalate who's allowed me here today to speak and ask her about her quite well know family."

[!] - Camera panned back to reveal a woman sitting beside 'Jim'! -

[Yasushi]: "thank you for meeting up with me today, Ms. Zaalate, are you ready for me to ask you a few questions regarding some important people in your life?"

[Zaalate]: "But of course, I do enjoy answering questions."

[Yasushi]: "Great.. Glad to hear. Well let's start off with your name, I've heard and done some research to find you're more recognizable by a former last name of yours .. yes?"

[Zaalate]: "Edgeworth, I presume? Yes yes, I was once the wife of a professor that used to work in Karakura. Our sons, Atlas and Isoroku, are now in the workforce as surgeon and detective respectively."

[Yasushi]: "Right! You brought me exactly where I was planning to go actually.. Say, Miss Zaalate, are you now also with someone who works in the education department once again?"

[Zaalate]: "You could say that. I don't know why this has happened thrice in a row, but that's besides the point."

[Yasushi]: "I see,, well now let me ask you this, between your sons, and lover.. and hell even perhaps your former mentioned lovers, do you think they've helped people? And along with that, do you think those in their career field help people often, perhaps even daily?"

[Zaalate]: "I know for certain that they all help people, both out of obligation for their work and for their general care for the people and students they work with. I'm very thankful to have met my lovers, both past and present, and am very proud of my sons for doing their best every day at work."

[Yasushi]: "Now, excuse me as I possibly take this a dark turn ma'am .. but God forbid anything happen to them but, theoretically if something did, you'd want their names to be known, yes? Would you want them to have justice and for their name to be out there, for them to be seen perhaps as a hero?"

[Zaalate]: "I've watched this town forget too many names in the 20+ years I have spent here, and I know it is inevitable that I may join that list of names, but all I wish is that they'd at least remember the ones that truly mattered. The ones that put their lives, connections and even sanities on the line to ensure the betterment and wellbeing of the town public."

[Yasushi]: "..wow, you,, you understood right where I was going with this, Miss Zaalate. So with that I'll ask you a question I'm sure you and I both already know the answer too, that being, do you then think that this city has a issue with remembrance and giving respect to those died? To those who risk their lives for us?"

[Zaalate]: "Certainly. I've seen it quite often, this town remembering murderers and child murderers more fondly than those who brought them to justice in the first place. In a way, I think it's that mentality of glorifying the crime these workers work so hard against that muddles their names and makes it harder to see how much they are trying."

[Yasushi]: "I am utterly impressed with your responses Zaalate, it seems you and I both have a similar stand on such a matter .. not to seem repetitive here with these questions, but I must ask. As a mother, someone who has not one, but both sons as first responders, how would you feel if they got forgotten? Wasn't even a given a grave like those before them and even some who've passed recently?"

[Zaalate]: "Sad, angry even. I've watched them put themselves at risk day by day, and that's how this town decides to thank them? It's appalling that this town decides their dramatic, bloody and gore-filled lives are more worth the time of day than at least showing some respect to the ones that work tirelessly to keep them from ending so soon."

[Yasushi]: "Right, of course.. it's interesting to hear your point of view on this. Exactly why I chose you, Ms. Zaalate .. I wanted to hear someone's point of view that had a strong connection to those protecting karakura without being apart of it themselves. I'll admit, you were quite hard to find seeing your last name didn't match with your sons nor Mr. Black .. but nonetheless, that's offtopic anyway. I have a few more questions to ask now, do you have time for them?"

[Zaalate]: "I've got all the time in the world, shoot"

[Yasushi]: "Gadly.. so for my final few questions, I'll like to ask some more personal questions if you dont mind .. so the audience will know a bit more of the person I'm interviewing here, yeah? I again, as stated at the start of my interview here today, said I did some research before talking to you today .. is it true you personally have a background in the medical field? Is there anything you'd like to share about it or where you specifically worked?"

[Zaalate]: "Why yes, I have. I've worked for Karakura's EMS team as a surgeon for... Maybe a year? I quit due to mental health reasons, and because the strain it put on my family time was too much for me to handle. Working there isn't as demanding as it used to be, it has been a while since I've been a worker there after all, but it was... Quite stressful."

[Yasushi]: "I bet, I too, back in the day used to be a first responder so I understand the demand and stress. Now, I also saw in some public records, specifically a year book from karakura schooling that you were a nurse too, yes? What was is like there?"

[Zaalate]: "It was a bit more fulfilling, since I've found that I work better with kids and teens. Though I did get much more inappropriate comments working there than anywhere I'd worked before."

[Yasushi]: "Unfortunately not surprised .. karakura teens are known for the lack of filter after all. I think I'll start wrapping up the questions here Miss Zaalate, I believe I only have between one to three left. So.. with everything we've talked about today, between the lack of remembrance and family .. are you personally scared or worried about not being remembered if you were to pass away?"

[Zaalate]: "...No. It isn't a worry I personally hold. I wouldn't want to be remembered, I'm not as good of a person as my sons and more recent lover."

[Yasushi]: "Oh? Is that so? Do you mind perhaps explaining why you'd rather not be remembered? Or perhaps,, hm. Maybe if you'd wish, you can tell us about your lover and to why you think he's a good person, considering we've already spoken a good amount about your sons today, yes?"

[Zaalate]: "We have, and I'd be glad to change topics. Allen Vinogradov Black, one of the sweetest people I'd met. Kind to his students, fun with his co-workers, heart of pure gold, the works."

[Yasushi]: "I see.. sounds like a great man, im sure you and your family are happy with him.. I spoke to him earlier as well about a similar topic, didn't realize you both were a couple.. quite a coincidence. But anyway, I think that about sums up today's interview. You yourself and your point of view of the matters we spoke about today was very enlightening, Miss Zaalate. Before I end here, do you have any final comments you'd like to make or share?"

[Zaalate]: "My uh... I haven't told them about him yet, but thank you. And all I can really say is that I hope this report is heard, I hope what I've said at least changes *something.*"

[Yasushi]: "..you haven't told th- ahem.. ahem, it surely changes the legitimacy of the situation. Thank you again, Miss Zaalete. It was a pleasure meeting with you today. Stay safe! Make sure to spend some time with that family of yours."

[Zaalate]: "But of course."

[!] - The camera panned back to only show 'Jim' -

[Yasushi]: "And that's that, thank you for all who's taken the time to read and listen to this. I hope this interview was Enlightening upon the issues I've mentioned here and in a previous report. With this being said, take time to be with those you love and care for, no matter if it's a friend, family, or coworker.. you never know when it's your last day with them. This is Jim Yasushi, signing out."

Have something you'd like to report or be reported on? Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487!

Last edited:

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
So now, let me ask you guys again. What if you were in the position of getting seriously Injured, fighting perhaps possibly daily for our safety, and end up dying to unfortunate circumstances ..
That can't be me, I'm too good to die from such pathetic needs, I'm one of the best KPD, Government, Shopkeeper, Gang leader, Tower owner, and Shrine Cult Leaders alive, now let me ask you a question, if someone was injured or died by fighting for us, that's honestly a skill issue, something that you must agree with, right?

But W Report

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
Natsuo Larcune is in there, nobody knows who he is but a few, and most of them have left Karakura.

its sad

AllenBUwU

Level 83
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable
That can't be me, I'm too good to die from such pathetic needs, I'm one of the best KPD, Government, Shopkeeper, Gang leader, Tower owner, and Shrine Cult Leaders alive, now let me ask you a question, if someone was injured or died by fighting for us, that's honestly a skill issue, something that you must agree with, right?

But W Report
You know what I agree with? Deez nuts

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
looks hard at the graveyard inside the KPD that remembers every single fallen officer in Karakura

Users who are viewing this thread