Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
Cars, City and Coffee
January 13th, 2024.

EPISODE 1: Chicago Tireburner

Chapter 1: Introduction

[!] The News Report begin with a video of a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye doing a low speed skid around the corner right after the Karakea store. [!]

DISCLAIMER: Controlled Low-speed Skid in a controlled empty environment with experienced driver behind the wheel, do NOT try this on Public Roads!

Welcome to my new series of Reports, Cars, City and Coffee… where I, Leo Volante… will be reviewing Karakura Citizen’s most Interesting, most boring, and even the most RIDICULOUS cars out there.

[!] The Shot of Leo in the Driver seat of the same car would be played. [!]

[Leo Volante]: ‘Now before… I release this and the Karakura Government decides that I’m breaking the law in this report, What I Just did in that corner was a controlled low-speed skid, due to how POWERFUL this car is… that was one gentle push of the throttle, and the car already set itself loose!’

Today marks the first ever episode of this new series, but first… Let me park somewhere and explain the details and also tell you.. My in-depth review of this car.

Chapter 2: General Information

So what… exactly is this behemoth of a car?

Well, Let me tell you… THIS! Is the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye. It was imported here about… few years ago, and is now one of the many cars in the Collection of my Good Friend and great entrepreneur Alan Jackson, who’s kind enough to let me borrow this car for a review.

This car right here actually has quite a history with Mr. Jackson, which is that… It’s one of the first cars he modified by himself for a special purpose… now of course we’re dwelling deep into Mr. Jackson’s past life, but He’s pretty transparent of his past life before his arrest for Street Racing, This car was used in his Cannonball Run attempt in early 2020.

Which is an attempt made by drivers to drive across America from Coast to Coast at the fastest time they can… Of course… Illegally, It is unknown if Mr. Jackson has been arrested for it, but beats me… Anyway… let’s move on to this car’s history.

The car is made by Dodge, an American motor company that was originally owned by Chrysler but was recently in the past years acquired by a European Company named Stellantis, Dodge made quite a lot of popular cars such as the Dodge Journey, Dodge Ram Pickup trucks and even the Dodge Durango, but what might be their biggest claim of fame is their Muscle Cars, The Dodge Challenger and Charger line-up has been their iconic line up since the 1960’s with the Charger being mostly known for their 1969 Model year, and the Challenger being known for their modern models, in 1971 the Challenger models are not exactly the most popular muscle car out there, but at some point was the fastest muscle car one can buy.

Stories about the ‘Black Ghost of Detroit’ about a 1971 Dodge Challenger that was so notorious for showing up to street races and completely leaving its competitor in the dust and then went and disappeared into the night is a rather popular legend back then. But let’s talk about the Challenger’s Modern Models.

As stated above the Challenger Mr. Jackson owns the 2019 model, still with Its monstrous 6.2 Liter Supercharged HEMI Engine producing a whopping 797 HP, however.. It’s a boat.. And I mean that in the way that turning feels… almost like an SUV, and every gas after a corner is a gamble whether or not it skids or not.
Of Course being in Mr. Jackson’s Collection the car is not stock, for example the Backseat has been removed to accommodate an Enduro level gas tank. But for the most part the entire car is near stock with the exception of the tires, which run on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S making this car grip more to that of the Factory tires it comes with.

To tidy all those Informations up, Here’s a more formatted informations:

• Model Year: 2019
  • Power: 797 hp & 707 lbs/ft of Torque
  • Weight: 4,006 lbs (4,443 lbs stock)
  • Power to Weight Ratio: 0.4386 hp/kg
  • Top Speed (Autobahn Test): 207 mph (333.134 km/h)
  • 0-100 km/h (Perfect Weather Drag Strip): 3.1 Seconds
  • Quarter Mile (¼ Mile): 10.16 Seconds
  • Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Chapter 3: General use rating

Now of course… you wouldn’t exactly BUY Hellcats for their reliability and for daily driving optimally, but… I would say, this might just be one of the top tier sports cars to daily drive assuming you have enough cash for gas… Like.. the trunk is actually quite huge, and the backseat.. While yes it’s small… Could probably seat a young kid comfortably, so Theoretically this is a great family car… It’s fast.. It’s sporty enough, and It’s fun to drive.
And If you’re a person who hates children… This will be perfect for you, simply because, It’s a sports car, and you can ask for the backseats to be removed for more weight reduction which makes this car better to drive.. While the difference is miniscule, and as a slightly biased Muscle Car fan… The Challenger is simply alright… Except the Gas Mileage, Dear god… Now anyway let’s move on to Performance.

Chapter 4: Performance

Now for this test we did have to bring the car out of Karakura to a test track Mr. Jackson managed to rent out for our test the Track is exactly 2 Miles long and features a decent straight, high-speed corner and also some tight hairpins, and we conducted a test that consists of 10 Laps to squeeze out every bit of performance out of the Ol’ SRT.

Now since this is the first car to be tested in our Test Track, we will run another car as a benchmark. What car did we choose to fare up against the SRT you may ask? Well.. we decided it would be fair to benchmark the SRT against one of the best Sports Car of the 2020s and the latest model of one of Japan’s most LEGENDARY cars, the 2020 Toyota GR A90.

The following is the time posted by each car:

• '20 Toyota GR A90: 1:20.828 with the best lap time of 1:18.309
  • Jackson’s Hellcat: 1:16.978 with the best lap time of 1:14.285

Honestly, I didn’t know what I was expecting, and keep in mind I’m the one driving both of these cars, and I’m SHOCKED at the result. Jackson's Hellcat pulled ahead of the Toyota GR A90 by 4 Seconds, However… The Toyota GR A90 was definitely much more enjoyable to drive around the track compared to the Hellcat, The Hellcat really like to fishtail out of every single corner be it a Sharp corner or not, and I found myself trying my best to not spin out and crash almost every moment, while in the A90 it felt like I can just toss it around a corner and be fine, the Tires on the Hellcat definitely helps, but I don’t think It’s enough.

VERDICT

Despite Mr. Jackson’s Hellcat many attempts to spin out and Injure me, It is quite of a thrilling experience, the Big Boaty behavior of the Car really forces you to be on your toes at any moment, and with that amount of Power… Wooh… Straightaways are Heaven.

7.7/10

‘I really want to love it, but I’ll stick to sportier cars.’ -Volante

With that being said, I conclude the FIRST Episode of Cars, Coffee and City. This is Leo Volante.. Signing off.

If you want to have your car be reviewed next, Contact the Karakura News Station at (020) 980-4487, Or Reach out to us on Onrain @KaNews and ask for Leo Volante.

Users who are viewing this thread