Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
Cruise Control
December 31st, 2023.

[!] The News Report started in a rather… Vlog-y way…? [!]
[L. Volante]: ‘Hey, Leo Volante here, and this is my car… Pretty cool huh?’ Leo gestured towards his 1971 Pontiac GTO ‘Judge’ ‘Now today I want to talk a bit more about cars… and specifically their existence in this small town we all live in.’

[!] The Report transitioned into a more informative format type of News Report. [!]
Now there is no doubt that cars play a decent part in this town of ours, you would notice that not much people but yet a decent amount Own one, and own ridiculously rare cars at that, but have you wondered why they chose to invest their money in these automobiles in the first place?

Now based on the information I can gather, car culture in Karakura actually go rather way back, there was rumors of a supposed street racing scene in this town before dating back years into before the year 2020, but… that was just rumors.. The real reason why most people would invest in cars in this town is because of their dirt-cheap tax and how they don’t seem to depreciate in this town.

But we shouldn’t write out Street Racing away from the potential reasons, Street Racing has a deep root in Japan.. All-throughout the 80s up until the early 2020s, Street Racing has played a deep role in Automotive Development in Japan as well as Pop-Culture, movies such as Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift also affected the car culture of Japan, you know… the movie where they bring these automobiles sideways at speed, you guys understand, you’re all not that dumb.

Moving on from the rampant rambling about Cars and their integral history in Japan, Let’s move back to the original topic.
Another big reason on why a decent chunk of Karakura Citizens own vehicles is actually appreciation of the History of automobiles itself, I’ve taken a stroll out on the streets and found plenty of people who owns a car for the sake of preserving a certain history about the cars they choose itself.

We have people preserving the advancement of Sport Trucks, such as this extraordinarily rare GMC Syclone which was a renowned ‘Sleeper’ Truck in the 90s.

I even found this Lamborghini Essenza SCV12, which is a Legendary Automaker Lamborghini’s advancement in racing technology!

During the winter, I managed to capture this photo of a Lancia Delta S4 and a Volkswagen Polo WRC Cruising around, appreciating the Rally History these cars come with.

So It is safe to say that Cars are not just… something people invest in, but It’s something people also Celebrate about history-wise. But there’s also a sentimental value behind some of them.

My 1971 Pontiac GTO was handed down from a late friend of mine many years ago. I never got rid of it, It has been with me for years, and I look after it as best as I can.

But Of course, sentimentality comes from all kinds of things too, not just late friends or relatives… an Automotive can also be a kind reminder of someone’s past and achievements.

Such as this Pagani Huayra BC, Owned by Nirmala Manufacturing’s Owner, Alan Jackson.. Who happened to be a semi-professional driver in his younger days, and the car symbolizes his undying love for automotive and Its history and not to mention his undying love for driving, something that makes him and many others… feel free.

So why exactly do people buy cars in Karakura? And If one should, what kind exactly should they buy?

Well, in a short summary and in my own humble opinion, the reason one would buy cars is… unpredictable and really comes back down to each person themselves. One can buy an automobile to simply go from Point A to Point B, some may have kept it from someone special, and some may have bought it as a celebration to Its history.

And if one should buy a car… That really comes down to your own choice, and If you do… the Itsbyoshi Dealership have enough selection for your automotive needs.

Here’s a curated Choice for you If you’re looking to purchase a car and their performance on paper:
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition

This car is one of the more common cars bought from the Itsbyoshi Dealership, this car features a Beefy V6 Engine, and is the final entry to the somewhat long lasting ‘Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution’ Line-up, a rather prestigious and iconic line-up due to Its presence in Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift, and also Its Historic Rally Racing Pedigree.

• Power Output: 303 HP and 305 lb/ft of Torque
  • Sophisticated All-Wheel Drive System which makes sure the car barely loses traction.
  • 4-door layout that can seat 4 people
  • Extreme Modularity in Tuning
  • Pre-fitted with a rather sick Body Customization.

Price: ¥3,500,000

• Mercedes-Benz 280 SL Roadster

The 280 SL Roadster is the only Vintage Classic being sold at the Itsbyoshi Dealership, it features a 6-Cylinder Engine codenamed M130 by Mercedes, It’s the car before the Iconic 300 SLR, with an eye-gouging price of 143 Million USD, Thank god we have the cheaper one…

• Power Output: 168 Horsepower and 180 lb/ft of Torque
  • A Rear-Wheel Drive system that is old but with the low power Output, It won’t be too crazy
  • 2-door Layout that seats 2 people comfortably.
  • A Classic Vintage car that became the foundation for one of the World’s most Exclusive and Expensive car

Price: ¥3,250,000

• 2009 BMW 328i

Quite possibly the most boring car available in the Dealership, It’s nothing exciting or fast, It’s just a regular BMW 328i, something that the average mildly rich businessman would drive, It’s got a Straight-6 Engine codenamed N53B30… Of course, Thanks for naming your engines weirdly, BMW.

• Power Output: 231 Horsepower and 200 lb/ft of Torque
  • A Rear-Wheel Drive System that is on the Older side, but It’s BMW, they always over-engineer it, You won’t be spinning out in this thing anytime soon.
  • 4-door layout that seats 4 people comfortably, and 1 Uncomfortably.
  • A Run of the mill sedan, Can’t go wrong with it.

Price: ¥4,000,000

• 2010 Bentley Continental GT

Most definitely the fastest option available in the Dealership, It’s an exciting and Luxury vehicle, while this might be the fastest car you can purchase locally, It’s not something you shouldn’t bring to an Official Track but If you still do, more power to you.. It’s got a BEEFY 12-Cylinder W12 Engine that is Turbocharged, and surprisingly… no Codenames for the engines!

• Power Output: 552 Horsepower and 479 lb/ft of Torque
  • An All-Wheel Drive System, God help your soul if this thing is Real-Wheel Drive, At least AWD helps you prevent spinning this giant speedy brick out.
  • 4-door Layout that seats 4 People EXTREMELY comfortably.
  • A Very speedy sedan that can take you from standing still to 62 MPH (100 km/h) in just 4.8 Seconds, and Reach an outstanding speed of 197 MPH (318 km/h)

Price: ¥3,750,000

And that’s all I can report for today. Remember to drive safely out there, and obey all traffic laws. This is Reporter Leo Volante, signing out.

Do you have something you'd like to report or be reported on? Call the Reporter Hotline at
(020) 980-4487 or message us on Onrain @KaNews

Last edited:

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
THOSE SS SLAY HELLO??!? AND THE REPORT ITSELF IS SO GOOD TOO!! :wow: :heart_eyes:

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
This is amazing!! All the car knowledge within this report is spot on. And from someone who’s just now recently getting into car history, and racing I can say this is wonderful! The screenshots are amazinggg too; props to that!

Karakura for real should have a public car show event for the car community and for everyone else to come out and see the cars and learn more about them. It’s not just for street racing, drag racing, rally racing, etc.

(Thanks to GT franchise and the f1 community for reeling me into something I’d never find myself in and fall in love so quickly with)

HunterHampter

Level 62
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
I will do more of these, as in Car Related News Reports, its always neat

Users who are viewing this thread