Community Team
Lore Team
lirically
lirically
Notable+
DAY IN THE LIFE CADET (2).gif

21/02/22
Meikan Masuo

Hi guys! Tonight, I snagged an interview with one of eight new police cadets added to the mighty-fine roster of the greatest, and only police department in the area. So maybe they’re not as great as I thought. Oh well… I hope you enjoy my more serious approach to these interviews. I want to squeeze out all of the information that some of you citizens may want to find out. That’s why I am here, after all. Helping you guys out. Anyway, take some time to listen!! Seriously, I’ve upped my questioning game for my interviews.

MM: “So, Cadet! Could you give me your name, maybe even your age for everybody listening in?”

SV: “Sure thing, my name is Sasha Vasylenko, and I’m currently 28 years old.”

MM: “Okay, Sasha... If these following questions make you uncomfortable, let me know, alright?”
SV: “Of course.”

MM: “Before applying for the Police Department, did you ever consider the risks? For example, depression, repetitive behavior, and acts... Maybe even death in certain situations?”

SV: “I did, you hear all the time about all these gruesome crimes going on and the effects it has on officers, especially how dangerous these situations are too. It's something I still keep in the back of my mind even now that I've made it in."

MM: “When going on patrol, have you ever witnessed bullying? Have you ever acted upon it? Would you? Even if you were giving out a fine to someone for jaywalking, would you address the issue later? Or.. would you just.. leave it to happen. I mean, the bully could be armed..”

SV: “Witnessed bullying? Honestly, I haven't been out enough to witness bullying perse. I've heard derogatory comments directed at me, other officers, and other civilians while out though. Depending on the situation though, yes. I'd look into it since if there's a heated interaction going on between multiple people, it could transpire into something more violent.”

MM: “When and if you retire, what would you have wanted to achieve during your time as an officer?”
SV: “Ah, well. It's way too early for me to have even thought into the future that far... But, I suppose I hope by the time that comes I have helped a lot of people. Since the crime in Karakura has affected a few of my friends and was my motivation for joining in the first place. Other than that, I don't have any specific goals yet.”

MM: “Are you… emotionally ready to face the life of a police officer? Be straight with me. DCI Popovich through that window won’t judge you. I won’t allow it. It’s OK, just be honest, alright?”

SV: “...I think I am. Or well, I at least hope I am. I do believe I'm mentally tough enough to handle some of the more difficult and jarring sides of the job, I'm not really an emotional person.”

MM: “Okay. Let’s put that to the test. If I said.. ‘fuck twelve and fuck your job’... What emotion would you feel? Nothing? Something negative?”

SV: "That's their opinion. I understand some people don't like the police for whatever reason they may have, to each their own. Of course, I'd think somewhat negatively of that statement though, since I'm loyal to force. But not in a way where it'd overly irritate me."

MM: “Do you ever wonder whether Commissioner Preston Herrington was corrupt? Do you think the conflict at the town hall was just something that happened without thought?”

SV: “I have no opinion regarding that, it’s in the past and it’s probably better to leave it that way.”

MM: “Okay. That will be all. Thanks for your time, Vasylenko."

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a police officer?

APPLY HERE!

Users who are viewing this thread