players online

KARAKURA NEWS: Hurricane Luau

AllenBUwU

Level 83
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable

March 9th, 2023. - 11.11C | 52.2 F

Four days ago, Karakura welcomed the upcoming spring and warm temperatures with the 2023 Spring Luau hosted at the beach. Here was the location of music, food, activities and more! This will be a usual recap of the majority of fun this year had to offer. . Along with a severe weather update and warnings

Starting us off strong, we have the local business booths and food locations!

Up first, La Casa Nostra which served food and drinks! Most notably, the ‘Tasty Fries!’, ‘BURGERSSS’ and ‘shot glasses’

Next, Yeobo served the more sweet side of things, as expected. Yeobo had some of the more cheap prices for goods and most notably had family favorites like chocolate ice, sundaes, so on.

Third on the list, Rotasu Music who actually .. didn't seem to be selling what you'd expect, their menu items consisted of Plum sake, premium Brew and Merlots.

Coming in hot at number five, we have Hala Inu Lama & Hale ‘Ainas which appeared to have quite similar food menus. Popular for their bar-stool like seating arrangement, this area was rarely seen without people. the BBQ Ribs was surely its most beloved item according to the Luau’s attendees.

Second to last! Lei Making! Those who got in line were able to receive a hand-made Lei!

Lastly! Off to the side and oddly very out the way, we had the government ID stand which simply just allowed citizens to get, you guessed it, IDS.

Besides the booths and food, how else did karakura citizens enjoy themselves? Below will be another list and quick descriptions of majority of what the luau had to offer.

Enjoyed due to its grand size, citizens had the chance to sit by the fire on large old drift-wood logs and even roast marsh mellows beside the open flame!

A classic for any Luau or even tropical themed event, Limbo was quite the sight to see! Later on as night fell, its popularity surely grew. Further on into the article will be a video of such.

Of course, seeing where the luau took place, its obvious that some citizens opted to the ocean to have some fun!

Wanted to show off? Watch a show? Surely the open stage was for you!

Lastly on this list, we have the hot-stone walk! Attempted by many, mainly teenage boys who are insecure and wanted to show off (and failed), this walk of hell was surely one to watch!

During the event, there were several people who stood out from the crowd. Obviously we cant include them all .. but we chose three people to feature in todays article.

First being a married couple by the names of '
Susan' and 'James'!

[!] - Video began -

[Susan]: “LETS SEE WHAT YALL GOT!”

[James]: “YER GONNA BREAK YER BACK IF YOU TRY IT, SUSAN!!”

[Susan]: “wow”

[James]: “yeah yeah”

[Susan]: “Im starting to doubt our marriage”

[!] Susan began stretching .. very .. intensely

[James]: “Ive BEEN debating it for the last FIFTEEN YEARS

[!] Susan went under the bar .. she was, ‘a bendy woman’

[Susan]: “WOOOOOOOOO SUCK IT JAMES!”

[James]: “YER JUST LUCKY!!”

[Susan]: “I KNOW U’ SAW THAT!”

[James]: “DO IT AGAIN!! I WASNT WATCHING!!”

[Susan]: “HAVE SOME FAITH IN YER WIFE!”

[Yasushi]: “I have the camera rolling too, as evidence of course”

[Susan]: “PLEASE -uhh what do you call that?”
[Susan]: “Air drop me it!”

[Yasushi]: “... it’s on a camera, I cannot do that. But you’ll see it on the news, though”

[!] . . .

[Susan]: “JAMES IMMA’ BE ON THE NEWS!!!”
[James]: “GET OUT OF MY FACE-”
[Susan]: “SUCK IT!!”

[!] some kids approached, specifically mainly james

[James]: “SHOO!! SCATTER!!”

[Susan]: “MAYBE YOUD LOVE ME ONCE OTHER MEN TRY GETTING WITH ME!”

[James]: “WHAT??”

[!] Susan then, began stretching, again. Then went under the next pole.

[James]: “break your back, BREAK YOUR BACK!!”

[Susan]: “JAMES HELP!!”

[James]: “AHAHAHAHAH”

[Susan]: “MY BACK!!’

[!] James took out his old phone, and began the film as well.

[Yasushi]: “ . . . “

[James]: “AHH TOLD YOU!!!”

[Susan]: “I CAN FEEL MY BACK DOING THINGS IT COULD NEVER DO!”

[!] an unknown student began to .. go on camera, getting in the way .. attention seeking ..

[!] Camera shifts angles, to show the married couple again.

[!] Now focusing back on Susan .. she finally made it through !

[Susan]: “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!”
[Susan]: “HELL YEAAHHH!!”
[Susan]: “wait.. JAMES WERE YOU LAUGHING AT YOUR WIFE STRUGGLING?!?!?!”

[James]: “NO . . . I WAS RECORDING SO WE CAN REMEMBER THIS MOMENT!!”

[Yasushi]: “...Personally, Susan, I wouldnt let that slide”

[!] Susan made a face .. she clearly thought James was full of it.. But again their marriage was a joke.

[Susan]: “ugh.. DAMN U’ JAMES!”

[!] . . .

[!] susan had gone off to the side .. she was .. sniffing? someone?

[Susan]: “wow”

[Susan]: “You smell good”

[!] continued too .. sniff the poor girl

[Susan]: “WOW”

[James]: “Susan, knock it off!”

[Susan]: “STOP BEING JEALOUS JAMES!”

[James]: “WHAT??”

[Susan]: “IF YOU WANNA’ SNIFF LITTLE GIRLS JUST SAY THAT”

[James]: “WHAT !!”

[!] the video fumbles a bit .. scene as shown above was the last thing there before the video cut out .. what an iconic duo. [!]

The third and last person on our notable figures list, excluding of course the well known people such as Governor Eli Zennix, popular school faculty such as Avery Bloom, Allen Black, so on.. We have miss Malia Kamealoha who preformed for us later that night!

21:40 PM, Friday. Weathers began to increase .. Winds began to blow violently through Karakura and the spring Luau. leaves, vines and branches began to fall all across the event along with flooding.

KPD quickly arrived on scene, ushering people to leave the beach and to get inside.

Many flocked to the near by apartment complexes, Beach houses and the Karakura Police Station’s lobby.

Soon over news broadcasts live, Kazuo DeLuca began announcing the seriousness of the wildstorm. According to government officials at the time, unstated which ones, the storms outcome can be catastrophic.

Not long after, even more debris and other materials came crashing down onto the beach sand.

During this time the water levels began to increase heavily, large puddles and over flowing began to occur.

At just 22:11, Another news broadcast was released.

This time around, its beyond confirmed it isnt just a storm, but a severe mass flood. What does a category four mean? Well even a simple google search or common sense can tell you, it isnt good. Relating to weather, even if the flood itself was a category four, it immediately means its also classified as a hurricane, of course. As we saw by the winds.

In order to be a category four, we need several things
-Sustained wind speeds of 130-156 mph.
-storm surge of 10 - 15 feet / 304 - 457 cm high that pushed inland.
-High chances of catastrophic damage

Now why did karakura get his so severely?
For one to form, there needs to be warm ocean water and moist, humid air in the region .. And seeing as the spring is near and the sudden random jumps in temperature, we had those conditions, especially seeing we are island bound. When the humid air is flowing upward at a zone of low pressure over warm ocean water, the water is released from the air, creating clouds of a storm. As it rises, the air in a hurricane rotates.

As that hurricane hits land, it slows down. Why? No more water .. seeing as it passed through Karakura coming from the south up now North, other Japanese islands and coastal cities will likely be effected as there isn't much land to hit or go over til you actually reach Japans main inland shore. Its predicted that the Izu Archipelago, Yokohama and likely Tokyo will be affected as the storm travels upward.

The after math of the storm wasnt pretty. As quick as it was, many were impacted. The Luau scene was destroyed, nearly impossible to navigate through safely along with the large sign out front loosing letterings

There is not much to explain with damages, below will be a plethora of photos to go through and judge for yourself.

From a spring Luaus to hurricanes,

This was Jim Yasushi, signing out.

Have something you'd like to report or be reported on? Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487!

Last edited:

ethxx.ltd

Level 44
ethxxltd
ethxxltd
Notable
I MISSED THIS EVENT DAMMIT!! CURSE MY IMPRISONMENT AT THE ROLEPLAY HUH CORRECTIONAL FACILITY!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread