players online

KARAKURA NEWS | Karakura's Vehicles; An Introspection

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable

Cadell P Thornwood

The general regard for cars and vehicles in Karakura is fairly mixed; but pertains a wide variety of those who find themselves in possession of, a mechanic for, or merely someone holding an interest for many of the vehicles that can be spotted around Karakura. Today I’d like to dwell on the topic, as it recently has caught my interest; and I’d like to devote this report upon the subject, and hope to enlighten you to the surrounding circumstances of such a unique and diverse subject.

Now, Why dwell on this subject, or offer any care to it at all? Of course, this should be asked for any subject, but it can of course can be answered.
The interest in vehicles relies little on the possession or item itself, but rather the surrounding circumstances- The harm, and the good that can be created from such devoted interests- which span across a variety of Karakura’s citizens. For example, how does the vast use of such a device effect the ecosystem? While, obviously negative, this can be negated with another question, how may it benefit our already infamously destructive economy, in the same case, and does the good outweigh the bad? Karakura is made up significantly of streets- laid more with concrete streets than the buildings that occupy either side of them, and how may that effect our city? How does the presence of cars and vehicles interact with our laws and system? Does it interfere with our citizen’s exercise. And the most striking question, ultimately; are they even necessary at all?

First, I’d like to start off with an interview with someone most likely more educated on the subject than I am.

Hosting a car meetup a few days prior- where I learned I should never be trusted to operate a vehicle- and where those possessing or hoping to view a car had met up to drive around town. But, nonetheless. I found it spiked my interest, and have decided to meet with the host of such an event on the subject; Koji Hiroshima, a particular car enthusiast that I think may grant some valuable insight on the subject, given his interest. However, let’s jump into the interview.

The Interview

CT: Cadell Percival Thornwood
KH: Koji Hiroshima

CT: "So, as someone who finds himself surrounded by a community of people who possess and are interested in vehicles- would you say it brings people together into a communities and forms stronger bonds with a united interest?"

KH: "Whether it's the deafening sound of motorcycle engines or the smell of burned rubber from a car tire burning out it's all enjoyable nonetheless. It's all fun and we're all still kids, what brings us together is the never-ending need for adrenaline and some noise-makin' really holds these nutjobs together when it comes to vehicles."

CT: Despite your dedication, do you think that cars or bikes are honestly necessary? most of everything within karakura is within generally walking distance, and despite the amount of streets, it’s basically structured that way. However, do you think that the benefits of having and using one outweigh this factor?

KH: "Are they necessary? hmm.. Well, it depends on the person, people prefer walking and some like to go places faster. For Karakura it makes things all the way more fun. Smaller roads and easy to go around? Piece of cake! You gonna be a senior citizen to think cars and bikes aren't ever necessary."

CT: "Do you think that the investment that people put in to purchase vehicles offer benefits to our economy, in the sense of how much they cost and the large-scale transactions that take place as a result of their possession? "

KH: "Well, having a vehicle is definitely an investment, you gotta pay for potential repairs, upkeep and shit like that. Karakura has a lot of money to go around so spending a couple hundred thousand yen for repairs might help what they call 'inflation' or something.. I dunno the technicalities but if you can't afford one dont get one!"

CT: "Do you think a lot of karakura residents own a vehicle, or at least have an interest enough to seek one out for themself? Granted the concept of a car meet-up, the expectation for a good amount of people to show up in possession of one must be decently high. "

KH: "I host a lot of car meetups but make sure they come out as legally as possible. Not a lot of people own one but definitely do, I encourage anyone to get a vehicle because it just makes life a hell of a lot more fucking fun. Who doesn't wanna ride around in a cool-looking metal box with wheels? or a super-powered bicycle."
CT: "What are your thoughts on street racing?"

KH: "If it were up to me i would make street racing legal, or at least get a track where we can get host 'em. It's honestly a pain in the ass when you gotta be scared of the cops when you feel like burning out some rubber on a drag strip but ain't nothin' we can do."

CT: "Is there anything additional you’d like to say?"

KH: "Rakkiyatsu owns the streets!"

After gaining this insight on someone knowledgeable and interested in cars- I’d decided a different approach, and promptly decided to take my interests to a much different perspective- one more applicable to rather the average reader; where can one even find a car or vehicle of their own?
Well, the new apartment complex’s construction- prior to business park’s revamp- has your answer.
Apartment complex L, located in the corner of the city, but right before the beach starts, has home to its own train station, various stores; and Karakura’s own auto shop, where one can purchase or repair their cars. (which never happens, because the city of karakura are all amazing astounding drivers and nothing bad ever happens to them)
Karakura's Auto Shop

Now, how much can one purchase a vehicle of their own for within this auto shop?-
I’ll just list the prices here;

(Without discount)
Grey BMW (4 Seats) - 4,000,000¥
Black Bentley Jeep (4 Seats) - 3,750,000¥
Red Lancer (2 Seats) - 3,500,000¥
Black Mercedes (2 Seat) - 3,250,000¥
Red Motorcycle (1 Seat) - 2,500,000¥
(Non-motorized) Green/Pink Bicycle (1 Seat) - 100,000¥

Expensive? Just the literal cost of obtaining one of these for yourself. It takes a number to understand how they might benefit our economy- being one of the most expensive and dedicated purchases someone could make in Karakura, despite being perpetually available at all times to all citizens. Rarely do people have that kind of money to throw around- generally speaking, so it offers the additional benefit of cutting down the money people have to spend - while those uninterested may not find themselves the most drawn to the idea of spending an abundance of their hard-earned money on a vehicle .. Especially with how easy it is to walk anywhere in the city, optimized for that exact purpose. While it may not seem like a particularly good thing- with the inflation occuring, having things for people to spend their money on is optimal, to reduce an influx and diminishing money's worth to begin with,
On that note, are cars good for our people and bad for the environment, or the upholding of our law in general? What about the economy? Yes, but no. Ultimately, it’s up to you to determine how you feel about them, just as anything else. I am just here to offer insight and information. On that note ..

This is Cadell Percival Thornwood, with my first report, and severe amaxophobia, signing off.

{!} BEEEEEPPP . . .! {!}

Users who are viewing this thread