Level 168
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Report Information (8).png

Good day Karakurian’s, Kaz here! A few weeks ago, I had the great honors of interviewing, from what I learned, the most intelligent and passionate woman ever. Her devotion and her brilliance are unbeatable and absolutely blew me away. I present to you, Kimitsu Koji. Enjoy!

And yes, the interview is a bit out of date. Sue me.

[!] - The interview started but unlike before. It was a video recording, meaning you saw every gesture, every movement, and every smile the two shared.

“Thank you once more, Mrs. Koji, for allowing me to have this interview, I know you're a busy woman, so this is quite the honor.” K.D

K. K: The woman maintained her straight posture, with her hands resting neatly in her lap. “Of course. . I’m grateful for the opportunity.”

“So, Mrs. Koji, my first question is: What does a regular workday look like for you? Do you start your day with a peaceful breakfast with your family and then go with your kids to school? Or is it more of a. . . the early bird catches the first worm and comes home as soon as midnight strikes?” K.D

K. K:“Most days, we have unusually peaceful mornings. Since I thankfully work at the same school my children attend, it makes getting up and getting ready to go easy as could be in the mornings. Should I be too busy to make breakfast. . the butler makes it. From there, it’s getting everyone to school and then coming home once the gates shut.”

“Do you have any specific parts of the school you deal with? Teams, clubs, etc. If you do, did you get a choice in what you lead?” K.D

K. K: “I handle the employees. Essentially. . .any adult in the school that isn’t a teacher or professor.” Kimitsu gestured a lot with her hands as she spoke. “I had slight input, but upon receiving the position, it was just about set in stone. I’m glad that it’s what remained. . . The majority of them are extremely pleasant people.”

“So, did you start off with the position of Vice-Dean due to past experience, or did you work yourself up the ladder?” K.D

K. K: “Originally. I was a Vice-Principal before making the switch relatively recently. Prior to that, though. . . there wasn’t too much of a build-up. I assisted in teaching quite frequently throughout my college career, which I suppose contributed one way or the other.”

“And with becoming part of the Senior Leadership Team, have you ever had to spend late nights at school to finish preparations? Like the dances. . . and they’re just. . . mind-blowing.” K.D
K. K: “Yes. . . countless of times. I work better at night so. . it works out in some way. It’s a group effort, but it’s still a lot to pull off! Those are the nights I get no sleep.”

Kazuo chuckled, nodding his head at each of her words. "Was going into an educational career? Specifically, becoming a figure of power in school your plan?" K.D

K. K: “Not at all. . . An educational career wasn’t even a thought that I considered until much, much later. Never would I have imagined I’d end up in this position.”
“Soo, what was your plan after college? Any specific interests?” K.D

K. K: Kimitsu seemed hesitant before answering. “Mmm. . . the initial plan was to become a cop before moving to Karakura.” another pause before she spoke, as she clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth and tapped her foot on the wooden floor. “I worked as night security for a while before attempting to enroll myself into any programs. At the end of the day, I simply ended up not being cut out for it and accidentally had myself set on another path in life. A shame my childhood dream career never worked out, but. . . it happened for a reason, I supposed.”

Kazuo’s expression showed surprise at her answer, quickly speaking over the silence of his reaction. “Honestly, did not expect you to be the one to have the goal of becoming an officer. Though, I believe we can count ourselves lucky that you’ve chosen the. . . safer path in life.” K.D

K. K: “I’d be surprised, too. I have no regrets!”

“That’s good, though. Enjoying your career comes first. More about the SLT and how you all work. Do you and other SLTs communicate a lot? Or is this mainly individual work and putting papers on desks?” K.D

K. K: “It’s a combination of both, actually. When tending to our own individual responsibilities, we keep to ourselves and work independently. When it comes to large-scale affairs, like. . .dances or festivals, or even just when exam season comes along. . Then we collaborate with one another. Like I said, it’s a joint effort. It’d be merely impossible to do anything alone.”

“Handling hundreds of students without help would be too much for one or even two; it’s good to have so many being the backbone of Karakura’s education.” He leaned forward, reading over his papers. “How's the relationship between you and all your colleagues? Have there ever been any school staff dinners or parties to celebrate accomplishments?” K.D

K. K: The woman shrugged. “It’s alright. Everyone tends to communicate civilly over the school radio to one another, signifying some sort of closeness. While we haven’t had any gathering of sorts yet, it’s something I have plans for in the future. As close-working colleagues, I believe it’s important that we communicate outside of. . . work basis. A few, I’m on closer terms with, but. . . that is about it.”

“You don’t need to be friends with everyone. You just need a few people you’re really close with - is what my ma would say. Do you personally think being Vice Dean is more stressful than being a teacher?” K.D

K. K: “Certainly so,” Kimitsu spoke with a hasty nod and no hesitation. “Rather than just have a handful of students to guide. . . You have an entire school. Hundreds upon thousands of students, faculty, and so forth. There’s a plethora of new responsibilities that come with it.”

“Do you find that you have a more distant relationship with the students? Or does it feel like you know most of everything about everyone?” K.D

K. K: “There’s a handful of students that I know a little bit more about, but. . . because of the sheer amount of them, it’s generally a distant relationship. I try to not let that seep through when assessing situations, though.”

“Talking about close relationships. Both your children go to the same school as you. Have there ever been moments where they were involved in a situation, and you had to act as Vice Dean rather than their mother?” K.D

K. K: “Unfortunately. . . yes. They’ve ended up in trouble with the Dean a few times, from what I can recall. Odd, considering they are High School students, but nonetheless. It’s always awkward to tackle, and. . . always hurts my heart a bit too.”

“Teenagers always get into a little trouble. . my mother was a professor during my school time, and if something happened, she was the first to drag me by the ear and have a stern talking with.” at the mention. . . he seemed to let out a more saddened chuckle. “Mm- what do you think is the most important thing when it comes to running a college and a school?” K.D
K. K: “Compassion. . . Empathy. What matters in the school is the students. The youth is our future, so the way they are taught or even just spoken to means a lot. They make up the foundation of the school, after all. Without students. . . it’d be nothing. And. . you need compassion for those students and love for your job. The way I see it is that. . .if you don’t give a shit about your job, then you’ll perform terribly. Performing terribly gets projected onto others, then everyone is unhappy. Nothing goes well. I try to keep my own employees in the same sort of. . . lane, if that makes sense. Allowing the students the opportunity to defend themselves give them a chance to speak or just. . A chance in general. In some cases, punishment is stupid.”

Kazuo ran his gloved hand through his hair. At the moment, it was clear he was listening and watching Kimitsu in admiration, his head nodding firmly with each of her spoken words. “Mrs. Koji, I don’t think I could’ve hoped for a better answer. For the students or for me. Your passion for these kids is admirable, to say the least. Absolutely fantastic.” he lifted his hands up, clapping for a few seconds before moving on to the next topic. “Going on about your students. . . What’s your take on gang violence, and do you believe it affects the students and their performance at school?” K.D
K. K: She sheepishly smiled, her cheeks flushing at Kazuo’s flattery. “Ah. . . it’s nothing really.”

“Ahahah- no, it’s truly something. More people like yourself should be in such high positions, people with true passion.” K.D

K. K: Kimitsu fanned herself as she spoke. “It definitely affects them in more ways than one. I find that, oftentimes, the most troublesome students are the ones affected by it. . or the ones in gangs. Those are the students I pity the most, and also the ones that I try to. . . influence, as futile as it is - They lose sight of. . . humanity, or something, and it carries over into their performance just. . general behavior at school. It’s saddening, but I hope to combat it one day.”
“Do you think the school will ever offer programs to reach out to those who are stuck in the cycle of constant violence?” K.D

K. K: “Ah. . . well, eventually, I hope to. The only obstacle right now is determining the defining factor that drives students to that life. Without knowing the exact cause, or. . causes, it’s hard to prevent it. . Or reverse it.”

“Starting at the core of the issue is the perfect way to go. I’m sure with help of the other city factions, something will be found.
Now, to some more. . . private matters!” it was clear this part of the interview brought him the most joy, flashing a wicked grin as he spoke. “So, what does a weekend look like for you? Do you still deal with school-related matters, or do you make it a point to separate your weekend life and work life?” K.D

K. K: “Hmm. . Occasionally, I’ll still tend to work on weekends, but. . As of recent, it’s been time to dedicate myself and my family. The usual sort of thing, though. Meals together, spending time working on the garden, all of that. It’s quite beneficial, taking weekends off.”

”Well, it’s essential not to burn yourself out. It’s good to find time for those you care for. - So, it’s known you’re married to Alex Koji, the mayor. Both your job and your husband’s job are hectic. Does it take a toll on your marriage?” K.D
K. K: “It’s no doubt that both jobs are hectic. . . at times, it does. But usually only in the sense where it reduces the time we have to dedicate to personal matters.” Kimitsu’s gaze drifts off elsewhere. . . “Though. . I believe we all have a good understanding when it comes to that ordeal. There’s patience and time dedicated where it has to be. . If that makes sense.” she ended her sentence by rubbing the bridge of her nose.

“Has his appointment to mayor and your positions as Vice Dean affected your relationship with your kids?” K.D

K. K: “Hmmm. . . Not as much as one may think. My position has allowed me to spend a slight amount of time with my children, even at work. If anything, it strengthens our bonds. The times we are all together are all more special because of their rarity.”

“So, Mrs. Koji. How did you personally feel when your husband became mayor? Are you yourself politically active, or is that something you don’t touch upon?” K.D
K. K: Kimitsu let out a deep sigh, adjusting her position before speaking.Personally. . . I was absolutely livid. Not because of his. .promotion, but because of the events that led up to it. Imagine. . . Being too cowardly to clean up a mess, that you just step down from your position altogether. Who on earth thinks that it is a good idea to put that responsibility of an entire town into someone’s hands after. . . that?” it was clear irritation was increasing on her side as she seemed to shake away the growing wrath which she felt. “. . . .I am not particularly active. It’s not something I have an interest in.”

“I believe your husband even told me that the. . . marks of the incident still stained the floor when he was appointed. So, you find it odd as well that the previous mayor has now returned once more, or?” K.D

K. K: “Yes, actually. I find it extremely odd. I mean, who wouldn’t. . .? She left while EMS were still tending to the situation. Only to make matters better, she looks at a mourning man and thought that handing off an entire town was a bright idea. The fact she had the audacity to return is beyond me.” A cheeky grin grew on her lips as she continued to speak. “I’m sure there's an ulterior motive to it, taken what I picked up when were once co-workers. . .”

Now she had him hooked. Kazuo placed his elbows on his lap, resting his chin in the palm of his hands. Whatever papers he previously was looking at discarded on the table. “Oh, do tell. What did you pick up?” K.D

K. K: It seems this part of the interview has caught the interest of the two, as Kimitsu eagerly explains. “. . . .We used to be a part of the Senior Leadership Team at the same time, some while ago. There was never any interest in me or one of my only other female colleagues, Olympia-something. Her interest was more in. . .Teijo Hamilton and Kaito Ikezawa – both men in high positions at the time. . .”
“So, you think Ms. Sengoku is showing interest in your husband?” K.D
K. K: “Mhm, just as she had in the past, during her reign. . .”

“Well, here comes the perfect time to ask. I’m unsure if you’ve seen my last report with your husband. Where I addressed the supposed scandal between the two, Do you wish to comment?” K.D
K. K: “I find it ridiculous what a couple of rumors can do, but. . .there’s some truth to everything, isn’t there? Alex is. . .just about as loyal to his relationships as he is his duties as mayor. However. . .I have put together that Sengoku has certainly attempted at making advances. Of course – nothing truly happened, but that does not change the fact, there were attempts. . . Scandalous, right?” she snickered at the last bit of her statement.

“And from what you’re aware of, your husband has not. . .encouraged these advances?” K.D

K. K: “I am confident that he has not. The first time, he had even told me about it and how he outright declined her requests. That is that. . .I trust him.”

[!] - The video came to an end.

And that was that lady and gents. I know Mr. Koji is no longer mayor, but what does that mean for us? Will someone try to become Mrs. Akihito soon? Did reports looking into his private life play into his resignation? Or is it speculation?
Have a nice day, Karakura. Stay safe.

~

Last edited:

pashy

Level 183
Allowing the students the opportunity to defend themselves give them a chance to speak or just. . A chance in general. In some cases, punishment is stupid.”
Best line. I agree with alot... Finally someone that has a slight of agreement with Teiyu. Kids aren't always stressful sometimes it's the unlistening staff that are stressing them which could lead to potentially the student just b like "Fuck this shit why am I even trying" and start acting dumb constantly. They should be heard, spoken to, and not always resorted to a punishment. Punishments don't always assist the situation or get the student to learn from his actions... Speak towards them with respect and emotion. I never spoke with a student with respect without receiving it back. They aren't necessarily always stressing to deal with just be more easy-going and chill with them.. Help them out. Actually be their resort and passion. No need to make things worse against a kid that is being naughty because beefing him or going against his lines will just make him more stubborn but you could rather, listen to them and put passion and more care into them..

Lizalopod

Level 130
Best line. I agree with alot... Finally someone that has a slight of agreement with Teiyu. Kids aren't always stressful sometimes it's the unlistening staff that are stressing them which could lead to potentially the student just b like "Fuck this shit why am I even trying" and start acting dumb constantly. They should be heard, spoken to, and not always resorted to a punishment. Punishments don't always assist the situation or get the student to learn from his actions... Speak towards them with respect and emotion. I never spoke with a student with respect without receiving it back. They aren't necessarily always stressing to deal with just be more easy-going and chill with them.. Help them out. Actually be their resort and passion. No need to make things worse against a kid that is being naughty because beefing him or going against his lines will just make him more stubborn but you could rather, listen to them and put passion and more care into them..
A lot of the school staff ignores the warning system and slaps detention on students immediately >->

pashy

Level 183
A lot of the school staff ignores the warning system and slaps detention on students immediately >->
The other way around I personally barely punish students even ones doing wrong.. I prefer speaking with them, respectfully, hearing them out, etc. I'd like to grow whatever potential inside the student instead of trying to get back at them in a stubborn manner like a kid too.. If someone had an issue towards my judgment I'd prove myself right and speak him out of it respectfully to also try to keep a good connection between me and the student. It's honestly so sad I got kicked from the faction.. I always had 5 star ratings and students constantly told me I'm their best teacher even, greenies used to come to me after class sometimes or mid-lunch to tell me they enjoyed my class or to thank me.. I never felt stressed from another student but rather always felt a heartwhelming joy towards them and my IC career's. I had to eventually get kicked for inactivity regardless of a checked inactivity log I had. I DM'd Kimi about it but didn't wish to complain much if he wanted me kicked..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread