KARAKURA NEWS | PHYSICAL HEALTH

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable

PHYSICAL HEALTH

Goro Giichi - 9/7/2023

How many of you actually focus on your physical health?

Karakura definitely has some people who take care of themselves in different ways, but how many of them take care of it physically? When we say physical health we mean keeping your body in shape, dieting and not letting yourself become too overweight. So we’ll talk about how keeping yourself in shape and healthy can benefit you, along with tips on how to do so​

'What is ''Physical Health''?

According to Wikipedia
‘’Physical fitness is a state of health and well-being and, more specifically, the ability to perform aspects of sports, occupations and daily activities. Physical fitness is generally achieved through proper nutrition, moderate-vigorous physical exercise, and sufficient rest along with a formal recovery plan’’

This for the most part is true, but keeping this physical fitness up is a challenge in itself, let’s see what it takes to be physically healthy.

Maintain a Healthy Weight - Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is important for overall health and can help you prevent and control many diseases and conditions. If you are overweight or obese, you are at higher risk of developing serious health problems, including heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, gallstones, breathing problems, and certain cancers.

Exercise Regularly - Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Being physically active can improve your brain health, help manage weight, reduce the risk of disease, strengthen bones and muscles, and improve your ability to do everyday activities

Eat a healthy Diet - A healthy diet is essential for good health and nutrition. It protects you against many chronic non-communicable diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.

Those are probably the three main ways to keep up with your physical health,
So how about we get physical? Recently the business park was renovated and multiple new structures were added. One of these is the new gym located beside the news station and under apartment block T. It’s equipped with about everything your usual gym has. Barbells, Dumbbells, Punching bags, and treadmills are all content at Karakura’s new gym

Questionnaire
I went and asked some members of Karakura’s sports teams how
They keep their body in shape for their demanding hobbies.

Molly Helvet [Track] - ‘’ Well, It depends on the type of practice we are doing, usually we stretch bodies before any type of practice, even hikes. We then tend to run a lap around the track to warm our bodies up before doing the long jump or the javelin. It's pretty obvious that you can't smoke or drink when you are on the track team as you need to be in good condition for running in races. I don't have a specific diet but I do stay away from junk food!"

Keisuke Uso [Football] - "Usually I do cardio to keep up my stamina... So I'd say I usually just run some laps or play the sport itself. I usually eat whatever is there to eat. I don't mind if it's healthy or unhealthy. I'm more into hygiene than anything.."

Morrgan McNamara [Cheerleader] - ''The most important parts of staying a competitive athlete. Every day when I wake up I take part in exercises including practicing the cheer routines. When I am at school I spend lots of time at the track making sure my cardio stays in shape! And of course, don't forget about the time I spend training my jumping abilities. This is very important especially if you are a cheerleader. You need to have good cardio and the ability to jump for almost an entire routine!!''

Si-Won [Volleyball] - ''Before our games or practices, have a meal about 2-3 hours beforehand, focusing on carbs for energy. Avoid heavy or greasy foods so we can perform at our best. After those intense games or practices, grab a balanced meal or snack within an hour to help us recover. We need that mix of protein and carbs to feel great and repair our Muscles. Don't forget our strength training! It's important to work on leg, core, and shoulder strength these areas are crucial for us as volleyball players. Our mental health matters too. Manage stress and anxiety, try out some relaxation techniques or meditation, and remember that a clear mind helps our
Performance.''

Close

After those lovely insights from the youth. Why don’t you start taking care of yourself next?
that‘s if you plan on surviving in Karakura.

don't forget you can call our hotline for anything news related
(020) 980-4487

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread