mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

KARAKURA NEWS | Spring Importance

buvet

Level 11

03/22/22 - Written by, Kohana Sakurako at Karakura News.

In the town of Karakura, one of the main tourist attractions is the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, with many shrines and traditional customs. However, most citizens do not know much about this extravagant Monastery.

I spoke with one of the Maidens at this very location, Miss Ukiyo. She and I spoke on how they are preparing for this Spring and what events take place within the shrines during this season.

“Well, Spring holds a lot of importance in the fact that a number of Rituals and traditions are held to drive away previous year's bad fortunes, and evil spirits for the coming year.” Miss Ukiyo informed me briefly, and I pressed for more information with further questions.

Miss Ukiyo continued to tell me what kind of festivals they hold, “Many of the Springtime festivals revolve around wishing for good harvest, as well as casting away the bad fortune of previous years.“ It is easy to say many think this is an endearing tradition, helping them to rid themselves of their burdens at an entertaining festival within the welcoming arms of the Monastery.

She then goes on to inform me that they currently have no festivals planned, but that can easily change in the future, so look out Karakura!

Off the topic of Spring, if you haven’t seen the ancient stories within the cave at the Monastery, here are some photographs were taken right from the site.

As you can see, the carvings showcase a story. Now, many have seen these but very few know what it is telling. While I was speaking with Miss Ukiyo I took the time to ask her about it before I departed.

I won’t go into the full story because it's not mine to tell, I do recommend you check it out for yourself to learn all about this amazing Monastery that has been standing for longer than you may think.

“The cave tells the story of our Kami and her birth.” To which I asked her to elaborate, “Kami are powerful spirits or deities. They are not visible to the human realm. They Inhabit sacred places, natural phenomena, or people during rituals that ask for their blessing.” As someone who was not quite in tune with the Shinto religion and anything that revolved around it, this was a really good start to a big story that the Monastery tells and intriguing words spoken.

Again, there is a way deeper story and I hope this article motivates you to visit.

Attachments

• 1648425199389.png
    1648425199389.png
    213 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Naishoten

Level 40
Naishoten
Naishoten
Omega
Thank you for the interview, I would love to do it again some time! I love teaching about Shintoism and it's practices if you ever want to do another interview!

Users who are viewing this thread