Karakura News | Students opinion on the Karakura Government

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 78
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega

August 14, 2023
Barbatos Archon

As the Government of Karakura changes and adapts, I interviewed a few students from one of the Swim Teams in the local school as they shared their opinions under aliases. These students expressed their concerns about the recent changes in the government of Karakura and what they've heard from others, shedding light on the potential changes they could do for the future of this town.

[!] The audio would start out, but some parts were cut out [!]
Barbatos: “We'll start then, first things first, As of now, what are your current opinions on the Karakura Government?”

‘Swim Gremlin’: “My opinion of the town faction is going to be great and trash.“
Barbatos: With curiosity in his voice he would ask “If it’s alright, can you tell the reason why?“
‘Swim Gremlin’: “Because of the laws.“

‘Swim 2’: “Um.. kinda bad right now? I don't hear a lotta good things that they do?” A small pause “The mask law was dumb and the new mayor thing was even worse so I don't feel the best about them right now. “
‘Swim 2’: “Okay I’m done now.“
Barbatos: “Fair enough honestly, with your opinion on the government. We'll move on to the next person then yes?“

‘Swim 5’: “Well I think certain aspects of it are great but some parts are just rigid.“
Barbatos: “Can you tell more as to why?“
‘Swim 5’: “I would be happy to. To be fair I have never seen the courtroom nor do I have any idea or keen interest in the law itself but you should NOT have to walk a mile and a half simply to receive a restraining order!“
‘Swim 5’: “When you are hearing horror stories of a college student being harassed and catcalled in a class full of students and they are all willing to testify, You shouldn't NEED more proof than their word!“

‘Swim 1’: A clap would be heard, “My opinions on the government are a mix- Well really go with what Kross said about the Mayor and the whole riot being a problem. Because what I heard it was not handled properly and those I knew got shot for being innocent!“
‘Swim 1’: Having a pause, the audio would pick up their deep breath, “I am conflicted with the mask rules as it helps stop criminals but also could in a way affect the innocent who are just playing with the mask to scare their siblings or friends.“

Barbatos: Voice filled with interest, he asked, “Seeing that most of you guys have a negative opinion on them, I do have my second question for you guys then, do you have any suggestions that they could possibly take for the future of Karakura?“
‘Swim 5’: “It should be easier to get a restraining order! They don't hurt anyone or damage their reputation but they are still relatively hard to get!“

‘Swim 2’: “I'm iffy with the mask rule... And yeah! RO should be easier! I was helping a friend get one and it took FOREVER and she couldn't get one in the end.“
‘Swim 2’: “It's annoying as hell that you gotta jump through hoops to get some asshole away from you-“

Barbatos: “I do agree that the RO should be easier to get. Though I personally never did it, hearing your stories, I do hope the government does something about that. Any final notes that you would like to say to the people?“

‘Swim Gremlin’: “Please don't do anything bad-“
‘Swim 2’: “Follow @dog on onrain.“
‘Swim 5’: “... SUCK A DI-“

[!] The audio would abruptly stop there [!]

Though the government does try to change for the better, it seems in light of recent events, that people in Karakura especially the younger people, still think negatively of the government. With its hard process to gather evidence for a restraining order, even the recent riots that, according to one of the interviewees, weren't handled properly, and how the mask law will affect innocent people like them, these factors have contributed to the growing mistrust towards the government among the younger population in Karakura. The lack of transparency and accountability in addressing issues has fueled their negative perception, as they feel their voices are not being heard and their concerns are being disregarded. As a result, I do hope that with this report, the people in charge of this town will listen to the people's problems and hear the voices of the people.

[!] At the bottom of the report, there was something written… ‘HS Swim team is the best team’ ‘We didn't get an event’ ‘Swim team deserves a tournament’ [!]

Do you have something you'd like to report or be reported on?

Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487 or message us on Onrain @KaNews

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
U collected the most chaotic high school team and asked them what they thought of the government... why am I not surprised by the ending notes

Users who are viewing this thread