players online

KARAKURA NEWS | The Fire of December Third

AllenBUwU

Level 83
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable

Jim Kaede Yasushi - December 3, 2022. - 2.3 C | 27.4F

02:35 AM, Sunday, December 3rd, A fire broke out as the town mock trial was meant to go in motion on Shicho Way, Town Hall. The first officers on seen were Detective Valentinus Vasylenko and Officer Akihisa Hakasada who were seen to start stepping outside the building to get civilian
s out at around 2:46 AM. Judge Yui Tsu was the only one out of her coworkers who hadn’t gotten stuck in the fire, as she was allegedly still on her way there when the fire started.
Her coworkers, Judge Kagami Genn Morozova, M. Ito, Lawyer Riko Derevo, Governor Eli Zennix, Gabriel King, and lastly Mayor Kiyoko Akai were all stuck downstairs in the courtroom when the fire erupted largely at around 3:00 AM .. Most suffered burns or heavy smoke ingestion.
Eyewitnesses of the fire, who were there before police tape was put up, mention seeing the fire spread rapidly through the first floor. Many people saw the fire through the windows of the building. Through the windows we were able to see just h
ow quickly the fire began damaging the building. Obvious Wall and structural damage was observed which meant the time was ticking for the beloved people of law trapped own in the courtroom, since if the ceiling collapsed for the first floor, that could mean the floor could also collapse, crushing the lawmen or causing the most accessible routes to them to become unreachable.

Photos taken through windows also helped civilians and I see how urgent this was becoming for those trapped below. We see the fire growing harsher towards the right side of Town Hall, which so happens to be where the elevators to the courtroom were. Photos reveal the extreme blockage and damage that had already occurred. The main notable place of disturbance was the entrance and lobby itself, as it seemed the fire build up rather than damage was most prominent by the high flames and lack of room to move.

Meanwhile in the back of Town Hall, an open back door revealed officers Tadashi Nakamara, Detective Valentinsky Vasylenko have arrived on scene. Officer
Akihisa Hakasada and Detective Sasha Vasylenko were also seen back there with their fellow officers at around 3:35 AM, desperately trying to see a way to get the people of law out of the increasingly smoking courtroom under them. Through an upper window above the door, we also see the fire damage erupting above the first responders, this made the situation more intense since that means the floor above was getting closer and closer to collapsing by the hour, and no hope seemed to be in sight at this time.
Tensions between officers were also growing, audio recording taken revealed Detective Valentinus Vasylenko yelling at a close coworker .. that will be linked before on the digital copy of the news report, those reading this in the newspaper will have to go to the Karakura News website to listen. I'll write the captions here however, so you know what was said regardless:

[!] - Recording starts -

[!] [Valentinus Vasylenko:] “GET THE FIRE OUT OF THE WAY, NAKAMURA. . .’

[!] distance yelling is heard, nothing that can be determined audibly for a few seconds .. just the sound of a crowd at the front of the building and the crackling of fire

[!] [Valentinus Vasylenko:] “NAKAMURA, PICK UP THE F*CKING DISTINGUISHER.”

[!] - Recording ends -

Meanwhile, at the front of the building, Officer Katsu Ohashi, Lieutenant Juno Omori and newly arrived EMS responders from Karakura Hospital defended off the police tape and tried to keep the peace and distance between civilians ..

The following responders in order, Ana Seon-U, Eito Junchiro-Tamashini and Ide Zaiaku held their grounds right in front of the tape holding supplies and wearing gas masks at 3:42 AM. Together they instructed Civilians to keep their distance back to the other side of the road .. as the smoke began to thick heavily. Another sign that time was running out for the people trapped in the courtroom. As for those being told to stand back? Here's a photo of the crowd.

Just minutes later, at 3:46 AM .. a miracle happens. Officers were able to make an opening in the ground and lower a rope down to start retrieving those trapped in the courtroom. The first one up was reportedly Judge M. Ito and governor Gabriel King .. third one out was Mayor Akai who was assisted and carried out by Detective Vasylenko and was greeted by the mayor's wife, Shopkeeper Ami Akai. However, at the moment the mayor's status did not seem the best. Beside here attached is a photo of Kiyoko Akai laying face down outside Town Hall surrounded by people such as EMS worker Ana Seon-U, Lawy
er M. Ito, and Ami Akai, and Lawyer Hikari Amaya. Not soon after at around 3:53 AM, photos taken show the remainder of trapped workers were able to get out safely. One photo shows specifically judge Marie Omi Masuo getting burned while stepping through flames right at the entrance of town hall, however later it is reported she has no significant injuries.

From 3:55 AM to around 4:10 AM, there was a brief moment of peace .. peace in the sense the civilians around weren't too bad .. a moment where everyone was able to focus and tend to one another, a moment to perhaps take a breath in the mists of chaos. However .. It was short lived. In just between 4:10 to 12.. The crowd began to act up. Rants, chants and scurrilous language was thrown around towards the officers .. Another audio and captains of a few exchanges will be linked / written below.

[!] - Recording starts -

[!] [???:] “DO YOUR JOB! STOP THE FIRE!”

[!] Several other shouts being thrown from the streets .. all colliding and hard to tell which is which

[!] [Doctor Miruka Kiwano:] “SHUT UP, YOU LOSER!”

[!] [???:] “F*CK THE GOVERNMENT!”

[!] grabbing noises can be heard, along with some shoving, whispers .. more yells.

[!] [Detective Tsukimomoe Taro:] “SHUT UP AND STOP COMPLAINING! WE DO THIS JOB AND GET HARDLY ANY THANK YOUS.”

[!] [Officer Katsu Ohashi:] “Do you have any injuries..?” (to student)

[!] Momentarily the auto goes muffled .. as expected more words and noises are being exchanged.

[!] [???:] “KARAKURA IS IN SHAMBLES BECAUSE OF THE GOVERNMENT, DOWN WITH IT, LET THERE BE CHAOS”

[!] [Officer Katsu Ohashi:] “I'll carry one of them..”

[!] [Detective Tsukimomoe Taro:] “BACK UP RIGHT NO-”

[!] - Recording abruptly ends -

4:20 AM, Tapes were temporarily taken down from the scene.

4:27 AM was when tapes were put back up by Detective Tsukimomoe Taro, the tapes put up were now white and blue instead of the signature emergency ones of yellow and black.
Just a minute later, I overheard KPD members speaking over the radios, one of the more memorable things said at this moment specifically was by Detective Taro. He said and I quote “Either we let it burn to the ground, or try to pick it out. We have pulled everyone from it, and the entire place is burning. I am unsure if I want to risk any of you.” With that statement, it was confirmed that as of 4:28:36 AM that no one officially was in the building. A follow up statement heard over the radio by Taro was “Money can buy a new building, money cannot pay for lost lives.” which personally to me was a very inspirational quote from the detective and something we can look back on or think about. Lastly I overheard an exchange over the radio that was between Detective Taro and Officer Tadashi Nakamura. This one I actually was able to briefly catch on recording while trying to get something else:

[!] - Recording starts -

[!] [Detective Tsukimomoe Taro:] “...Are we all in favor of letting town hall burn down?”

[!] [Officer Tadashi Nakamura whispers:] If my premonition ain’t wrong, I say let it burn”

[!] - Recording ends -

This of course raises some curiosity and interest. What does Officer Nakamura mean by premonition? And why whisper it and not speak out loud like everyone else was and risk not being heard over the radio? For now, it's up for you to determine that.

4:43 AM, The burning Town Hall filled the surrounding area with a mass amount of thick, dark smoke. Those too close without a mask began to feel dizzy .. or even passed out. Of course at this time yet more .. drama started between KPD and yelling civilians as tensions rise yet again. Below will be the second to last recording and captains will post. This one is another longer recording .. I believe it's best to allow you, the public, to hear what was being said.

[!] - Recording starts -

[!] Everything seems so much louder .. all voices heard are those screaming loudly.. Everything else is mixed, gumbled … muffled and overall chaotic

[!] [???:] “L PD!”

[!] [???:] “YEAH!!”

[!] [Detective Tsukimomoe Taro:] “LEAVE. ALL OF YOU LEAVE! IF YOU ARE HERE TO WHINE ABOUT US DOING OUR JOB, GET LOST”

[!] [Officer Juno Omori:] “ALL OF YOU BACK UP TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET OR F*CKIN’ LEAVE!”

[!] sound of clearly not people listening .. but rather people seemingly getting closer. A lot of movement noises

[!] [???:] “F-F-U!”

[!] [???:] “SHUT UP PIG”

[!] [???:] WE DON'T NEED GOVERNMENT YOU FAT DOUGHNUT EATING PIGS!”

[!] [Detective Tsukimomoe Taro:]: “YOU LOSE YOUR HAIR AND EVERY DROP OF WATER THAT TOUCHES YOU, STINGS! EVERY TIME SOMEONE TOUCHES YOU, IT HURTS!”

[!] [???:] “SHUT THE F*CK UP YOU USELESS COPS”

[!] soon the yelling dialed down a little .. some conversation was able to be heard again. It could be inferred Jim was standing near the cops the entire time as their voices were always clearer than the yelling civilians. This was also proved by Jim picking up another cops voice as they began to speak presumably on the radios

[!] [Detective Tsukimomoe Taro:]: “..Are we allowed to physically pull people away?”

[!] [???:] “F*CK THE POLICE DEPARTMENT, F*CK YOUR GOVERNMENT, LET IT ALL BURN!”

[!] [???:] “YOUR JOB IS TO PROTECT. PEOPLE NEARLY DIED BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T PROTECT OR SERVER!”

[!] [Officer Juno Omori:] “They think we’re the power puff girls”

[!] [???:] “DOWN WITH KPD!”

[!] [Detective Tsukimomoe Taro:] “This. This is what protest was for, the fact we are under appreciated. I hate fire. I hate how it feels”

[!] [Detective Valentinus:] “GO HOME!”

[!] [???:] “DOWN WITH KPD!”

[!] [???:] "F*CK KPD!”

[!] [Detective Valentinus:] “ARE YOU ALL DEAF? GO FUCKING HOME ALREADY!”

[!] It can be heard Jim shifting forward .. quickly. As if he got curious by something, as if he wanted something to be heard..?

[!] [Detective Tsukimomoe Taro:] “Why would my first move back on the job be to give myself another administrative leave?”

[!] [Commissioner Yonio Schwarz:] “Hey im going to need you to move”

[!] [Officer Juno Omori whispers:] “I don't really want to continue yelling if no one is listening..”

[!] …Suddenly, a Taser being fired makes everyone go dead silent for a moment.

[!] [Detective Valentinus:] “EVERYONE GO HOME ALREADY. THERE’S NOTHING ENTERTAINING ABOUT ABOUT SOMETHING BEING BURNT DOWN, AND EVEN THEN, THE FUN'S OVER!”

[!] [Jim Yasushi:] “Second taser tonight, Impressive.”

[!] Heavy breathing is heard by someone close by before…

[!] - Recording ends -

A lot has to be unpacked with this moment alone. It ended at around 5:01 AM, meaning this went on over the course of 20 minutes. Here we see Civilians especially targeting KPD .. Yelling vulgar words which some KPD members happily dished right back to the crowd. What I found the most interesting was some quotes or remarks from Detective Taro and officer Omori. One being Detective Taro seemingly being accused of having something to do with the fire of what we can imagine is over the radio as he mentions not wanting or getting administrative leave the moment he's back on the job .. We also hear Juno remark that “They think we are like the power puff girls” meaning, the crowd isn't taking them seriously, thinks they're weak or silly even. Which is reinforced by the yelling from the civilians who happen to mostly be Highschool students believe it or not.
Moments after the recording, Commissioner Schwartz threatens the community with yelling violations in which they’ll have to pay an outstanding 25k Yen. The Commissioner also goes on to state that if the crowd isn't just yelling, but also is instigating the police that they’ll also get that 25k fine.
At around 5:06, I hear more from our beloved Detective Taro. They state and I quote, “If someone tries to pin me as the culprit for the fire, I'll bring them to court.” This shows again that supposedly the public or others could be thinking Detective Tsukimomoe Taro possibly had a connection to the fire. But of course, there is no proof of this and no facts that back it up, so it's simply just rumors and gossip spread possibly by the rowdy and outrageous crowd.
Two minutes later at 5:08, KPD left the scene as the building was still partially lit, and at risk of relitting. This was the last time KPD was officially seen on the scene of the Town Hall Fire.

Nearly 10 minutes later, the smoke surrounding the burnt Town Hall got serious, those who stuck around now weren't just getting dizzy, but were genuinely choking on smoke, I being one of the first to experience symptoms. I didn't realize till’ getting to the hospital later on how covered in soot and smoke debris I was ..
Besides myself, several others began to choke on the smoke as well such as students named Rohan H. Hasuke, Koda Masuo and Sage Soda. It is unknown if they went to the hospital after the choking symptoms began ..
At nearly 5:30 AM now the last.. First responder in general on scene was Hikaru Saiky.

An hour later at around 6 AM, I was at the hospital. Not for myself, but to see what was going on and who I can talk to. There in the lobby I was actually approached by Chief Judge Yui Tsu herself who offered to speak with me on behalf of her coworkers since she wasnt trapped in the building. I graciously accepted and went to the waiting room for an interview with her.

[Yasushi:] “So, For starters.. Your name and specific occupation would be good to know”

[Tsu:] “Yui Tsu, I am the chief judge and a higher-up within’ town hall.”

[Yasushi:] “Very well then, Miss Tsu, are you aware of the current status of any of your coworkers?”

[Tsu:] “I am not, however I am positive they are all in the best care possible. I have not gotten a chance myself to go into recovery rooms.”

[Yasushi:] “Of course .. I'd assume you aren't sure as well since you weren’t there for the fire. Nonetheless, what, if anything, could you tell us about the events leading up to the fire? Wasn't a mock trial supposed to be held?”

[Tsu:] “Yes, I was on my way to the trial when the fire broke out, Though I was not a part of it, I wanted to assist the mayor over-seeing it”

[Yasushi:] “I understand, who is any, could you tell me was originally supposed to attend the mock trial?”

[Tsu:] “Our line up of this evening's mock trial consisted of two lawyers, Hikari Amaya, Attorney General Riko Devero, the Mayor, Governors Eli Zennis and Kotone Y’L Edgeworth, Judges M. Ito, Marie Masua and lastly Kagami Genn Morozova.”

[Yasushi:] “Ah, so it's reasonable to infer that they were in the group of people stuck downstairs in the courtroom when the fire broke out, yes?”

[Tsu:] “That is correct, Yes.”

[Yasushi:] “I understand, I'll shift the conversation topic now .. So, What do you believe started the fire? Do you believe it was, as some claim, an act against the city and government? Or a freak accident?”

[Tsu:] “I feel it is too early to determine the cause of this fire as well as too early to formulate a proper opinion on the subject”

[Tsu:] “However .. While approaching the town hall there was a foul stench of gasoline before everything went up in flames”

[Yasushi:] “Oh? Smell of gasoline .. I understand, thank you. I have a few more questions that from now on may or may not be related to one or another. Do you agree with KPD’s choice of letting the building continue to burn, and then leaving the scene as parts of the building stayed lit?”

[Tsu:] “I know KPD was doing their best to control the situation at hand. Both having to deal with the raging fire and crowd control is no simple feat. All government workers made it out of the building, and for that I am grateful.”

[Yasushi:] “I understand. However, that didn't answer my question. Do you agree with KPD's choice to let the building keep burning? And then leaving the fire when it was still partially lit?”

[Tsu:] “I believe the KPD were doing their best to control the situation at hand with both having to deal with the fire and crowd control. That is my answer.”

[Tsu:] It is a commendable feat the work they do to protect the city.”

[Yasushi:] “I understand. Next, how do you think the city will end up paying for the repairs of the building? Or how long may it take?”

[Tsu:] “Hm.. With the town hall’s current budget, I don't believe we will be wasting any time planning and constructing a new building within the week or month.”

[Yasushi:] “Ah, Interesting. Will those affected by the fire possibly have to pay for their own treatments then? Or is this seemingly impressive budget able to pay for all possibly needed care, medication etcetera.”

[Tsu:] “The city actually covers all health care expenses for all citizens, My coworkers, as any other normal citizen, will not have to pay extra expenses.”

[Yasushi:]
“I'm sure the public will be happy to know that .. Thank you. Two last questions that I’ll just ask back to back since they're both simple and straightforward. One, Do you have any extra statements you'd like to say or announce to be public when the news is released? And two, would you like this interview to be posted audibly or written .. or public in general?”

[Tsu:] “As far as statements go, the government will be heavily investigating the cause of the inferno and making a point to prevent something like this from happening again. Secondly, I do not mind at all that this interview is published in any way, shape or form. I appreciate the time.”

[Yasushi:] “Of course, thank you as well for approaching me for this opportunity. Stay safe.”

As said in the interview, we finally have a possible lead to the cause of the fire. That being not a freak accident .. but perhaps an intentional arson act as the smell of gasoline was reported by Yui Tsu and others who were at the scene before fire broke out. I was also briefly able to speak to Judge M. Ito about the topic of deaths. So that ill state here, as of write now as I write this, no known casualties have occurred today on December 3rd that is related to the fire that broke out.

The Aftermath

Town Hall is officially closed down till further notice, likely until the investigations mentioned by Miss Tsu is completed and till’ when the new building and or repairs are done. As for the aftermath? Let's take a look. From photos taken hours later, we see that the fear
of rubble and ceiling collapsing was quite valid. Outside the front of town hall, which is the only main view we have for the time being .. we see a seemingly large cave-in. White and gray leftovers of what was formally above cover the floor and block the entrance to the building. Not much else can be said on this topic.

December 3rd, 2022 at 02:35 AM, the fire broke out at Town Hall. We wish the victims of the fire the best of luck, and want it to be known that we are all here to support our frontline workers such as EMS and KPD. This is Jim Yasushi, signing out.

Have something you'd like to report or be reported on? Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread