players online

KARAKURA NEWS: The Rise In Subway Situations

AllenBUwU

Level 84
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable

Jim Kaede Yasushi - January 26, 2023. - -0.7 C | 30.7 F

A spike in crime is no new event to the island of Karakura, however its always good to bring public attention to it for safety reasons along with the factor of general knowledge. Recently, the spike that’ll be focused on today will be in the commonly conversed area of the Karakura subway stations.
Between late december up to now, the most common issue being brought up and reported is Assaults. But why? Assaults happen everywhere, but why is the subway now a hot spot? Its as simple as this; CTTV isnt checked unless something happened .. but who is the one going to report something happening? Chances are - no one. No one tends to hang out in the subway either, usually people just run straight to the train and let leave .. not paying attention to whats around them. Not to mention how dimly lit it is and how out the way bathrooms are, its easy to draw attention of those wishing to cause trouble. Along with all this, theres two big factors as well .. its easy to escape as the train is right there, and its rare to find an officer down there. All these combined surrounding factors are whats causing a hot spot of crime to ensue.

The most common locations being affected are the subway right near plaza, and even .. the old abandoned Masamaru station by the graveyard which will be mentioned later on.1674772604991.png

But whats the proof theres a sudden increase? How do we know?

Between the end of December up to recently, several notable incidents have taken place, three of which were caught on camera and video by witnesses, not even just CTTV.

I hosted with an interviewee whos witnessed and seen two incidents, one being a fight and the other actually a gang related incident which did take place in the subway. Here's what they had to say regarding the topics.

[Yasushi]: "thank you for meeting me here today. Mind stating your name and occupation?"

[Tea]: "pleasure! My name is Violet Tea . . And I'm Karakura Highschool's new Floral Design teacher!"

[Yasushi]: "Right. And how long have you been in Karakura?"

[Tea]: "I've been here for nearly 3 months now . . Perhaps even less."

[Yasushi]: "and within that time, how many crimes have you witnessed or heard of?"

[Tea]: "oh goodness. . Too many !"

[Yasushi]: "elaborate."

[Tea]: "Well . . One I saw a fight break out at that subway near plaza, which I did take a photo of and report with your assistance . . And the other was some racketeering near that old abandoned subway, I was above at the graveyard when two students went down there. Later my dear friend came up and told me that happened . ."1674772570507.png

[Yasushi]: "So even the old subways are being effected by crime, yes?"

[Tea]: "yes."

[Yasushi]: "As a teacher, you are able to name students as well, yes?"

[Tea]: "I can, yes !"

[Yasushi]: "Does it concern you seeing these students you teach during the day, get so aggressive outside of school?"

[Tea]: "yes. . It does. I'll admit, I'm treated very nicely by students all of ages. Mostly being complimented nicely like being called pretty or . . Saying I'm nice ! So seeing the same students who say such things, or the same students who I gave advice too . . Do such horrible things is heart breaking. I grew up in a feild, on a farm, I dont know how this crime stuff works . . But golly gee is it scary !"

[Yasushi]: "I understand. You mentioned the old subway also has crime, was it occupied by a gang? If so, which one?"

[Tea]: "hm . . I believe it one named Oracle, like the character from D.C !"

[Yasushi]: "I see. Thank you. Besides the racketeering, which can be assumed to be having to pay a fine for being in the area, what can you say, if anything, about the fight or fights you've seen?"

[Tea]: "theyre brutal, stomping, hitting . . Pinning down - gosh ! Its odd to think students can do such things."

[Yasushi]: "would you be concerned for your safety if you got caught up in a fight?"

[Tea]: "yes . . Don't get me wrong, if I'm riled up, I have no problem packing a punch! Gardening means I carry a lot of heavy equipment and I'm always moving all day so I got some muscle.. plus when the southern accent comes out, , it's like someone else takes over - but, anyway, even with that, I'm truly soft in nature. . I'd likely be a bit freaked out and too panicked instead of being angry."

[Yasushi]: "understood. Thank you. Last question, how do you think all these fights can be controlled?"

[Tea]: "personally. . I'd like to see more officers patrolling the subways. Or maybe a little subway security team! Surely it'll be slow and boring for them perhaps .. but it's to ensure public safety ! Plus I'm sure more people will go down there and feel safer once officers are there. Also lighting the place up more will help! It's always so dark and spooky . ."

[Yasushi]: "that is all then, thank you for your time, Miss Tea."

[Tea]: "of course!"

[!] - end of interview -

Now as Miss Tea mentioned, seems these occurrences are going beyond the usual .. fights. And now gangs again are rising back up after some quiet time since the Akihito incident..

Not much is known, from what researched it's a lesser known and upcoming gang be the name of Oracle .. its unknown if thats even how it's spelt, however going off of how it's pronounced, that's the best we can do.

From what's mentioned, and said from others it's a primarily student ran organization, meaning more people are in it under the age of 23 then above.

we highly recommend avoiding going into the old Masamaru station for your own safety, as that seems like territory for these people.

We asked you guys on onrain about ways you as a public would like to see done with the issue, and or ways to help stop it! Many brought up points that were said in the article here, showing the public is just as aware of the issue it seems already as those watching the stats and reports. Here is a few of what was said:

Nazuna Otori @antiquarian
"The only reason why crime has flocked to our metros is rooted in the lack of surveillance. If the perpetrator is at ease because they know they won't be caught, it's in the government's best interest to introduce cameras to the tunnels."

Cressida Onasis @barbie
"Metal detectors..? Security cameras? KPD could add checking them to their patrols"

Eli Hanazono-Zennix @ElizRose
"More cameras!"

Harada Motor Parts @HAPofficial
"I dont think we need more cameras, instead for said cameras to actually be checked instead of waiting til something happens."

Clearly, for the most part, everyone's on the same page. Check cameras, put officers down there, and perhaps even metal detectors .. overall a security increase.

Yet another spike in crime where the public is now turning their attention to see if KPD will have response to such events, and if there will ever be the security increase the city wants. This is Yasushi, signing out.

Have something you'd like to report or be reported on? Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487 or message us on OnRain @KaNews!

Last edited:

AllenBUwU

Level 84
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable
Why are all the fights by namemcs and greenies…. That’s not crime that’s play fighting
It wasn't even greenies, one was someone on a sports team hense the green name. And namemcs aren't bad.. not everyone can get fancy custom skins ??

Why are all the fights by namemcs and greenies…. That’s not crime that’s play fighting
theres nothing wrong with NameMCs .. and even if the person has a green tag, doesnt mean theyre greenies. people set ages to characters to be young. And even if the were new .. so what? Theres no need to judge

Users who are viewing this thread