Kira#4120
Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do have a available microphone.
How old are you? (Optional):
I am 16 at the moment.
What is your time zone?:
GMT+2
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I do ackonwledge the fact that inacvtivity within the teacher faction wil get me demoted from my role on the server.
Describe your activity on the server:
Due to a brief period of inactivity, I would define my current activity on the server as somewhat unstable, but I'm gradually making a comeback on SRP as I'm becoming steadily more active. I now aim to spend at least an hour or two on SRP each day, mostly on my main account because I have to do a bit of homework and other things, but I like playing on the server as much as possible and intend to spend even more time being active and with summer approaching in the upcoming weeks it's gonna be easier to do so.
Do you have any previous bans?:
Yes, I do have one previous ban from about a year ago.
Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Denied Priest Application
Denied Boxing Club Application
Accepted Spanish Application
Accepted Receptionist Application
Accepted Spanish Application
Denied Ban Application
What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
KiraHub [18] [Grade 12]
KiraHub2 [32] [Adult]
KiraHub3 [14] [Grade 8]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I'm putting in an application for the position of a P.E teacher.
What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher, I'd say, is that I've had prior experience in the faculty faction and enjoyed it, but wasn't really happy with the position I was in the faction with had me become more and more stressed over time, which led me to quit as I couldn't handle having to deal with that sort of stuff constantly. But what really spurred me on was that my friend, who represents Allen Black, believed I could do well as a teacher and would find teaching to be much more enjoyable than my previous post in faculty. P.E. is a fun and useful subject, therefore I do like that aspect of it as well. It could additionally help students discover that they enjoy the activity of working out in some way and inspire them to find a sport they would like.
Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I am aware that, would I receive the position as a UT, I will need to complete teacher training.
What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The purpose of the teacher class logs is to record the activity of the professors or teachers as they conduct classes to fulfill their monthly quota. The amount of students who attend each class should also be noted in the class logs from what I understand.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
There would be five main rules.
Rule 1.
Always show respect to one another, even if they don't show it in return. Instead of responding disrespectfully, manage the situation calmly.

Rule 2.
Avoid disturbing the class. Please turn off your phone at all times, try not to speak during lessons, and refrain from entering the classroom with the intention of interfering with others' attempts to study.

Rule 3.
No obscene language will be tolerated, especially not in a classroom where students are trying to learn.

Rule 4.
Avoid bringing food or beverages into the classroom with the goal of eating them there because it is disruptive and you have breaks for that.

Rule 5.
Try your hardest in class, even if you don't think you can do anything since it shows that you're willing to step outside of your comfort zone and learn something new.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I've been involved in roleplaying for quite some time, and while I do a lot of SRP and have been on the server for over a year, I've taken part in RP on GTA, GMod, and some ROBLOX. I've always enjoyed the idea of implementing a character and living that character as fully as I possibly can because it gives me different perspectives than I would not otherwise get. However, I'd say I've been participating in RP for almost 5 years, enjoying it the entire time while adjusting to various environments. Even before I began playing Minecraft personally, I would watch roleplays about a variety of stuff from YouTubers like Tiny Turtle, DanTDM, LittleLizard and Aphmau which had a big infuence on my love for it.
In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head Of Department.
↳ Description: The Head of Department is responsible for supervising the other teachers whilst also providing assistance and instruction to the newer teachers training them. They essentially serve as their faction's advisors when they are unsure on what to do.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher.
↳ Description: A qualified teacher is one who successfully completed the training they received and, has been teaching for longer than a newly qualified teacher (NQT), and acquired more knowledge and experience while working as a faculty member, and successfully applied that experience in that position. A QT would also offer some advice to the more recent teachers since they picked up some things along the road.
- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher.
↳ Description: Compared to a UT who hasn't yet acquired this expertise, a NQT is someone who has completed their training after being accepted to work as a teacher and has also been authorized to host classes because they've demonstrated that they fully understand their job.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher.
↳ Description: A UT is someone who has been accepted for teacher training but is still waiting for authorization to host classes due to the fact that they have yet to demonstrate their abilities as a teacher or if they properly understand how to function as a teacher.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

A teacher should be like the ones we know in real life, both in and out of game. A teacher is a trained professional who helps and instructs pupils as they learn facts, concepts, morals, skills, and attitude. They assist students in realizing their full potential by creating and delivering lessons, evaluating student performance, and offering feedback. Teachers frequently act as guides and examples, providing an enjoyable and engaging learning environment. Teachers are also in charge of keeping order and encouraging appropriate behavior in the school environment. In general, the role of a teacher involves both instructing and providing support to children so they can achieve intellectuality, socially, and emotionally.
Their pay is entirely dependent on the location of the classroom. in some nations, including America. In America, the average yearly salary for teachers is $26k. Every country, and occasionally even the areas inside those countries, has a different price system. You might anticipate making between 25k and 650k Yen every month in Japan. New teachers are expected to earn at least 250,000 yen per year. Of course, a teacher's pay will rise as they gain experience and achieve the requirements later in their career. In contrast to SRP, newly qualified teachers receive a base salary of 350k when they have hosted ten classes each month, qualified teachers are paid a monthly salary of 400,000, and they even have an opportunity to receive additional money.
I have not a clue what other teachers would like to do in their spare time or what teachers in the real world enjoy doing since it depends on the individual, but Makari would probably use some of her downtime to prepare some schoolwork for children, likely at night before she goes to bed. As she is an outgoing individual and loves Shintoism, what she would do in the evening can vary from day to day. She might go to the shrine, hang out with her friends, go to a restaurant, or whatever else is available to her at the time.
Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are crucial to SRP, in my opinion, due to the fact the server's primary focus is on the school experience, and without volunteers to roleplay as teachers and host classes, support other players, and just generally take on that role, the server would essentially serve no purpose. Teachers are also crucial since they act as role models for a few students Icly and have experience playing important roles on SRP that not just anyone can get, thus allowing them to assist other players with their understanding of the server.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
According to what I've been told, there is now no established lesson plan and teachers are expected to put together their own, as opposed to before, when they used the MoSCoW approach.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Makari lacks the overtly feminine characteristics that would lead one to believe she is a woman, making her appear less feminine than a casual woman would. She would be roughly 5'6 tall, small relative to most people, lean and buff, and she loved to exercise, climb mountains, and do other such activities. She typically wore earrings and had dark eyes with her curling black hair falling to her shoulders. Due to her Dominican heritage, she would have a darker complexion.
I think what sets Makari apart is her ability to handle situations. She has an an aptitude for spotting when things might start to go wrong or when people are acting a little distinctively than usual, which she can use in order to cheer someone up or allow them to vent if they so choose. She has a strong passion for everything school-related and has liked it her entire life. Of course, there have been times when she has loathed it, but overall, school has always been where she preferred to be when it mattered most to her which you could also count as another ability of hers that might set her apart from the average person.
I'd say Makari has a core view of students since she simply wishes the best for them and is always there to speak to them or simply assist them. She also just wants them to have as much fun as she did while attending school. She would see the other teachers as potential friends or just an acquantaince because she is constantly looking for opportunities to interact with people she may not know very well, such as a fellow P.E. teacher or a professor, as long as she has someone that she may strike up a conversation if she sees them.
Makari is quite cheery and is frequently looking to make jokes and brighten people's days, but she can also be quite fearful in some ways, easily startled by even the smallest things like a larger-than-normal bug. Makari currently has no concrete plans for the future, but given that teaching is her passion and something she has been doing for some time, I would anticipate that it will remain that way. In the future, she might also attempt to create a family since she might be fortunate enough to meet the right person that she is interested in settling down with.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Makari would walk up to them and formally request that they prevent themselves from speaking in such vulgar terms and to lower the volume of their voices. If that doesn't work, she will try to use a louder tone in order to make it clear that she wasn't joking and that they need to either stop with a warning or persist and face more severe punishment.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If she noticed that no one was paying attention, she would prop herself up and let out a assertive cough to grab their attention. Then she would quickly review what we had been discussing and decide that it would be better if they took a more hands-on approach instead of having to listen, which makes it easier for them to pay attention to their work compared to how things were going to see expecting them to work better solo, or she could incorporate some activites into learning.
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
When Makari was in the faculty lounge, she would first get a cup of coffee before finding a seat and preparing some class plans due to the fact she wants to make sure she doesn't mess anything up and that the class will be clean and simple for the students to follow. She would also take a few minutes to interact with some of her fellow employees and assist them when necessary with students or whatever else they asked of her.
Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
At the very start of class, Makari would clap her hands together to grab everyone's attention, asking them to take their seats and encouraging them to pay attention and raise their hands if they had any questions. She would then go on to explain that they would be performing some basic strength training and that she hoped they had gym attire for the day while also writing down a brief lesson plan on the board behind her.

/me Before writing down the first person's suggestion on the board and asking the class again if they want to do it, Makari would ask the class what they were interested in doing for the day and that if anyone had ideas to raise their hands. She proceeded to glance over the classroom, picking the very first individual to raise their hand, listen to their suggestion, and then write it down on the board then by asking them to raise their hands once more by writing down how many people wanted to accept their suggestion to see if that's what they wanted to do.

/me She would move about the gym keeping an eye on the students to ensure that they were stretching properly and assisting any student who had trouble with the motions. She would demonstrate another stretch after the students had finished one by bending her arm over her head, placing her palm on the side of her head, and pressing it toward her shoulder to stretch her neck. She would then instruct the students to imitate her actions.

/me As break time came closer she would clap her hands as she had at the very start of class to grab the students' attention. She proceeded to tell them that they did a great job today and that they should keep it up next period with whatever subject they do next. She would then open the door and let them leave.

Backstory
Makari was born to Dominican parents in a low-income area in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, but both her parents saved money to enroll her in an appropriate school so she could receive a quality education. When Makari was 17 years old, her mother fell victim in a bus accident that left her paralyzed from the neck down. As a result of this incident, Makari's father spent almost all of his time at the hospital and did not devote much time to caring for Makari, which effectively forced her to live alone for the remainder of her teenage years. s she went through the process of becoming a teacher, Makari's mother passed away and her father moved away completely cutting all ties with her for reasons that are unknown, which motivated her to finish her studies even more. Makari chose to become a teacher in order to give other children the experience she had, which was an effective learning experience that helped her excel better than she would have normally been able to due to where she was born. When she had completed her education, she would occasionally work as a tutor in Santo Domingo. After she had finally landed a teaching position at Pantoja High School for a couple of years, She'd start saving up some money along the way as she had planned to leave her home country for a while. She moved to Kiyoto, Japan, when she turned 33, living there for a while without finding any opportunities for a job studying Japanese as she was looking for one. She would decide to relocate throughout Japan and travel to a location close to Karakura to look for schools in the area once she had mastered Japanese but hasn't yet found a job.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Makari Perez
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss.
Given Name(s): Makari Perez.
Preferred Name: Makari

Age (Minimum is 27): 34
Religious Denomination: Shintoism
Marital Status: N/A

Nationality: Latina.
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

I, have about 8 years of experience.
Academic Degree: Masters.
Year of Graduation: 2014
Major(s): Physical Education and Physical Therapy.
Minors: Science and Psychology.

Native Languages: Spanish.
Other Languages: Japanese.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I don't have one.
Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to some others.

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread