Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
Huminah

Discord Name & Tag:
SheLuvKevin

Which timezone are you in?:
Central Time Zone

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
This would be my first time applying to an IC faction in all of SRP.
Describe your activity on the server:
I'm always on like around the afternoon during weekdays due to either work or school, but on weekends I'm often available almost all the time unless something comes up. My overall playtime on this server I'd say is 12 weeks in the span average of 8 months. I'm mostly on so that I could roleplay with multiple people and back when I was in basketball I was real active for situations, events, and tournaments.

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation for applying is that I honestly just want to try something new, I've been on SRP for so long that in my perspective GangRP was the only place that I could go to find something to do, to FIND people to be active with but the longer I'm on SRP the more I begin to realize that GangRP is just boring. I've attempted many things in it I honestly have but in the end I just quit it and moved onto JockRP, overall I think JockRP was way better than GangRP because there was more activity and overall more plug-ins and equipment I could explore and use. If I were to get accepted into KPD then it'd give me a better opportunity to learn a whole new system, equipment, and plugins so that my character could possibly go through some development overall.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I know quite a bit about police work such as what they do, what happens when something comes up, and that they even have to read the miranda rights to criminals that have been detained and placed cuffs on. Warning them about their rights and what they are allowed to do overall.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Police work is rather important to SchoolRP because due to all these new gangs rising and being chaotic in Karakura it wouldn't be balanced at all, which is why KPD is around to do the right thing and bring justice to this town. Overall if a situation does intend to go down in such a public place then KPD is there to calm the situation down and stop whoever is trying to cause such a ruckus but if it intends to escalate to a HIGHER situation then there's always higher ranked people like the government to keep the all clear in attempting to SHUT DOWN the whole situation and there's also the police commissioner who has to do what it takes to bring justice.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes I fully understand that if I am ever online and I miss practice then I have a chance of losing my role as cadet and my chance in joining the force full on.

In-Character (IC) Section

What's your character's full name?:
Santiago Damian Portgas
How old is your character (if accepted)?:
Santiago is 25 years old, barely making the age requirement in becoming a cadet.
What are your character's gender and pronouns?:
He is a male and his pronouns are He/Him.
Please select your highest academic role at the time of writing this application:
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Grade-12
What languages does your character know besides Japanese?:
He knows Spanish and Italian
Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Santiago is an imposing figure, standing tall at 6'5'' with a bodybuilder's physique that emits strength and power. His presence is formidable, capturing the attention of others effortlessly. The middle parted, the wavy hair adds a charming touch to his appearance, handing him an air of individuality. The waviness reflects quite a hint of natural and playfulness among his imposing demeanor. A distinctive feature that sets Santi apart is his unique blend of Ecuadorian and Japanese heritage. This combination adds layers to his identity, introducing a rich mix of cultures to his persona. The fusion of these two sharp backgrounds might manifest in his physical features, creating a captivating and extensive aesthetic. The lingering scent of coconut around Santiago introduces an unexpected element, offering a refreshing contrast to his imposing image. This choice of scent could represent a personal preference, providing insight into his character and perhaps a more approachable, friendly side beneath the strong exterior.
How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Santiago would act normally as he usually does, a straight face at most times.
What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Santiago's outlook on the idea of co-workers isn't much to think about to him, as long as he gets along with one of them then he should be able to get along with all of them because Santi is based of trust and teamwork like he trusted his old group back when he used to run with a group of people around the town of Karakura, he trusted them and they trusted him so they all got along easily and well.
What's your character's backstory?
Santiago Damian Portgas, known as Santi to his friends, was born and raised in a small town nestled in the outskirts of Kyoto. His childhood was filled with the tranquility of a close-knit community, surrounded by cherry blossoms and the echoes of traditional Japanese culture. Santiago's parents, loving and hardworking, instilled in him the values of honor and respect. Tragedy struck the Portgas family when Santiago was just 12 years old. A fatal car crash took the lives of his parents, leaving him an orphan. The accident was caused by a reckless drunk driver, shattering the peace of Santiago's ideal upbringing. With his world turned upside down, Santiago decided to leave the familiar surroundings of his small town and seek a new life in the bustling town of Karakura. Karakura, a place pulsating with urban energy, became Santiago's new home. The transition was challenging for the young boy, but fate led him to a group of individuals who would shape his destiny. Dante, James, Niko, Fuji, and Marika, a tight-knit group of delinquents, took Santiago under their wing. They taught him the ropes of survival in the gritty streets of Karakura, where street smarts were as essential as breathing. As the years passed, Santiago grew into a formidable young man, his bond with the delinquent group becoming unbreakable. They navigated the challenges of life together, each member bringing their own unique skills and experiences to the table. The companionship they shared was built on trust, loyalty, and a mutual understanding of the harsh realities of their environment. However, by the time Santiago reached the age of 20, a profound change began to stir within him. The very activities that once provided him solace now haunted him with the ghosts of his past. The reckless lifestyle that had defined his adolescence was what ultimately led to his parents untimely demise. Santiago knew he needed to break away from this cycle and find a new purpose. Driven by a desire for redemption and justice, Santiago set his sights on a different path. He decides to tryout an attempt at the Karakura Police Department (KPD), determined to be a force for good in the town that had both nurtured and tested him. Santiago hoped that the KPD could possibly become a new family to him, he then decides to begin his training, honing new skills to protect the innocent and bring justice to those who sought to disrupt the peace of Karakura. Santiago Damian Portgas, once a troubled youth finding his way through the mean streets of Karakura, found a new passion to become something different in this town, he aimed to ensure that no other family would suffer the same fate as his own. The cherry blossoms of Kyoto may have faded into memory, but Santiago's journey in Karakura was just beginning, and the winds of change blew strongly in his favor.​

General knowledge

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
Santiago thought back to that one day one of his own friends were arrested for owning one.
"No you may not own a pocket knife legally in Karakura due to the LAW."
Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Santi thought back to a book he read, he then struggled a bit on which one was which.
"5 Medical items that do not need a prescription are, Melatonin, Eye patches, Wooden Canes, Band aids, and even a pair of glasses."
If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
He then thought of the smartest answer he could go with here.
"If I were too ever see one of my co-workers abusing an inmate then first I'd request for backup and then enter in the cell myself and restrain my co-worker and have backup check on the cellmate for any injuries or any major things he did to the cell mate. I'd most likely even report it to the commissioner myself if I have too because beating on cell mates isn't what we do here in Karakura it's bringing justice and restraint to gang members."
What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
Santi thought of a well one response for this one as well.
"First I'd request for backup on one of the radios once again and then approach the scene with my taser unholstered and with my cuffs ready to go, if necessary then i'd have to tase one of the criminals to gain access to my co-worker and tell the others to back off from him while back up is arriving and once back up arrives i'll check on my partner for any injuries and have the others arrested and while doing so I'll even read them their miranda rights."
What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
Thought hard on this question.
"Well me personally I'd have to play this one safe, keep it on the low that my co-worker doesn't know that I know what he's actually up to. I'd then discuss it with my commissioner and if he asks for any evidence then i'd have some of my buddy detectives trace on him but thats if I get along with the Detectives overall which I should be able to do. Anyway as I was saying I'd have them trace him and look in closely for any evidence that could tie my co-worker and the criminal organization together so that I could possibly put my own co-worker behind prison for doing the wrong thing and providing my commissioner with solid evidence of what he's done.
How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
Didn't have to think at all for this one.
"I would immediately ask him to face the wall and then pat him down for any illegal weaponry or any illegal objects on him, and then radio if there's a cell available because bribery isn't allowed anywhere in the town of Karakura so I'd have him detained for attempted bribery and if he has any weaponry or illegal items then i'd fine him for the illegal items and take away his weaponry that would most likely add onto his bail."​

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETENCE
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

DETAIL
-
Although we don't deny your will to join the faction, detail is a great
way to show off your interest. Therefore, we recommend spending more
time to try and re-elaborate your application so that it shows off you're
truly engaged in trying to join us!

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES