Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

sxvge

Discord Name & Tag:
sxvge#9391

Previous bans:
I have not been banned on the server.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am quite active on the server and I am mostly online every day. On a scale between 0 and 10 I would say my activity is 7, since I spend quite a few hours with my friends on the server and I am mostly active within the CriminalRP and CombatRP section, since it is my favourite type of roleplay on the server and most of my friends do that type of roleplay too. I have played quite actively on the server for 1 and a half years now and wanted to get started with joining a different faction other than the criminal one, since this was the only faction I was participating in.

Which timezone are you in?
My timezone is GMT + 1

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
KPD APPLICATION
BMD APPLICATION
BMD APPLICATION

Unfortunately, I do not have links regarding black market applications anymore, since they are kind of old and got sent into DMs at this point of time.

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation for applying is that, like I already mentioned, I really enjoy the part of CombatRP within the server and being in the force is a new type of experience. It sounds quite interesting to be able to play the opposite side, since most people are already playing as criminals. Trying something new on the server as an officer who is a big part of CriminalRP and also GangRP as it introduces a whole new experience to combat. Due to my knowledge of GangRP, I always wondered how it would be to play as an officer. Unfortunately, I mostly do not have much to do on the server and I am often aimlessly running around the city to see what is going on. The current state of GangRP is not really at the spot where I would like to have it right now, which is also my motivation for applying as a cadet. It is a whole different experience than meaninglessly trying to use gained permissions from other players on the server, which is currently quite mundane. It is also a good place to meet new like-minded people who are also interested in the force, which is also an important reason for my application. I have not really seen any other different aspect of school roleplay except being part of a gang which, like I already mentioned, became kind of mundane to me, so I finally decided to change things up when it comes to what kind of role I play.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I would say I'm quite informed about police work in general because of my knowledge of school roleplay but also because of OOC knowledge that I gained through various research. I am aware of the basics regarding police work such as communication through the radio as well as the prio's with all their different levels which represent them. I do know that you are not really able to actively use the CCTV and you would need to request /help to use it. Overall, the police work within school roleplay is also quite similar to the OOC work of a police officer, which is useful, so it is more realistic. Overall, I would say that I do have a good amount of knowledge about police work both ICly and OOCly. From various people I know who already have been in the force, or are still on it, I gained this type of knowledge that I will display to show my understanding of the force.

These are the tasks that a police officer will have to do:

Patrols
Once you successfully passed all your training as a cadet, you will be promoted to a patrol officer. As the name already says, you are now able to go on patrols, which is what patrol officers and above mostly take part in and, in that case, they essentially go out and look for suspicious and dangerous behavior around the whole city which is in need of the assistance of the police department. In general, a patrol can go from anywhere from 2 officers, which is recommended, but not directly enforced unless you have the knowledge that people are actively hunting an officer, to 5 officers patrolling at the same time. While you are patrolling, you basically inspect people who seem to be suspicious to you. As an example, a masked individual who would wear a ballistic mask in plaza would be kind of suspicious and, as an officer, you would pat them down to search them for illegal weaponry or even underage possession of alcohol or cigarettes, which would result in further punishment such as a fine or even an arrest if illegal weapons are found on the person. Checking legal weapons such as the metal bat is also required to check if illegal activies were made with this type of item. You will need to use luminol spray to identify blood and overall check for dents which could result in the person being detained for further questioning.

CCTV
CCTV are cameras which are spread around the whole city of Karakura and provide the police with a powerful tool to quickly find out about crimes being made within the city, to quickly react on it once a police officer is actively using it and sees suspicious activity on the monitor of the CCTV. It is one of the best tools that the force can offer since it is not involved with officers having to go out to actively search for trouble which is rather dangerous for them since they could be getting attacked if they do so. The CCTV is a secure way to find out about crime without instantly risking the life of an officer. To access them, you will need to go into the CCTV room and roleplay out an action to check the camera (e.g. /me would check the CCTV camera at powerplant). You would then need to do /help so that a staff member acts like the CCTV to provide you with the proof of what is happening currently in Karakura. However, not every CCTV camera belongs to KPD, which means some cameras are not owned by KPD.

Desk work
While being a cadet, you will mostly be at the front desk at the police department. At the desk, you will be the first person who the civilians talk to, so you can help them if they require service regarding the police. That could be, for example, reporting crimes and bailing someone out of jail. When you are at the desk, you are not allowed to go afk and you will be punished if you do so. The KPD also has metal detectors to prevent weapons and other tools that could harm people inside. It is your job to pat down people who fail at the metal detector instantly. If a person would like to bail someone out of the jail, you would have to search through the arrest log to see when and for how much money they can be bailed. However, when you receive the money you can not keep it all for yourself and most of the money will be taxed / given to the KPD in general. While you are at the desk, there are also more tasks for you to do, such as a lockdown. A lockdown is when people are raiding the KPD and storming in with various people, which the KPD possibly can not handle really easily without this feature. The doors will be blocked with walls or even iron bars. It is optional for the police to make use of gas which would knock out anyone who would be inside of it. There are also emergency levels which are based on how severe they are. There are 3 different emergency levels and the higher the number is, the more dangerous the current situation is in Karakura. It could also happen that items of people get taken away from them, which leads to them trying to get their items back from the station if they do not have a criminal record. They would have to pay a specific amount so that they can get their items back.

Raiding
This feature can only be used if the police have a reason to raid your apartment. For example, CCTV catches a criminal who committed a crime with a weapon and is now entering his apartment. Although a reason sometimes is not enough because you would also need a legal warrant from a governor or judge. After you have completed all the regarding steps to properly be allowed to raid an apartment, you will present it to the offender, but if they still refuse to let you in, you are allowed to forcefully enter into that apartment since you have a warrant. The police job is to search every chest in the apartment and get all the people outside so they can be patted down. This process would be way quicker if they instantly let you in, which is also a possible way without needing a warrant, but if they refuse to do so, a warrant is a must have to properly raid an apartment.

Next, I would like to go over the equipment that the KPD uses in various of situations and how they can be used.

Equipment
Handcuffs - One of the most effective tools a police officer can have are handcuffs so that they can arrest a suspect in order to question them further. To achieve this, the officer must first be behind the suspect (ideally against a wall). This is significant because it enables the officer to make an additional arrest. Two sets are carried by a police officer at once.

Radio - While on patrol, every police officer is expected to carry a standard issue radio on their person at all times. This radio is used to relay codes and converse with other officers in general.

Baton - While muggable from the hand, the baton is known to come in helpful as it may 2-shot knockout a player. Police officers utilize the baton as a melee weapon to restrain a target who is aggressively behaving back or assaulting them. Every officer wears this as standard gear.

Badge - A police officer's badge is provided by the station, and it makes it easier for other officers, citizens, and residents of the city of Karakura to distinguish police officers from other residents.

Breathalyzer - A breathalyzer is a piece of apparatus used to assess how drunk another person is at the moment. The character must blow into the breathalyzer in order to utilize it properly.

Pepper Spray - In contrast to the above goods, pepper spray is only available to officers with the rank of corporal or higher. If a suspect is resisting arrest, an officer can use pepper spray to momentarily blind them, making it easier for them to make an arrest.

Taser - The taser is possibly one of the best weapons a police officer may have when they first begin their careers, because it can stun an opponent for a full minute and can be deployed automatically if they are moving. Overall, it is a versatile weapon which is very important for police officers to aid in the capture of criminals.

Glock - The strongest item an officer can obtain and the strongest weapon on the server overall. Sergeants and police detective constables, respectively, can rent a glock, which is exclusively owned by higher-ups and detective inspectors. The range of this weapon is thirty blocks, which is compared to other weapons in the server, the longest range on the server.

Crowbar - Crowbars can only be obtained at the corporal rank, just like pepper spray. Its primary purpose is to assist authorities with opening locked chests and entering apartments they need to search because they think there may be illegal stuff inside or criminals hiding there. Although this item is not legal for citizens.

Riot Gear - It preserves the officers' identities and gives them the ability to use their individual codenames. The KPD uses this piece of equipment when crimes need a much more hands-on approach and the overall criminality seems to be quite dangerous. It is very useful to protect police officers since it also includes a gas mask.

Luminol spray - A spray that every officer carries with them which is used to assist the officers to identify blood and dents on a weapon.

First-aid kit - The first-aid kit is mostly used when somebody is heavily bleeding. Officers who will do a detailed action on the individual while using the first-aid kit are able to add 5 minutes to their bleed-out timer.

Police Cruiser - A police car that is available to higher-ups only. They can rent it out and this vehicle has four seats, which is better for transporting more officers than the bike.

Police Bike - A rentable bike for those who are corporal and above, it is a fast one-seated vehicle which can be used for chasing down suspects whenever possible. It is quite fast and helps the officers in the situations travel across the map faster. Unfortunately, it has only one seat and is not as good as the cruiser when it comes to transporting a lof of police officers.

Finally, I would go over to the different ranks and divisions the KPD has to offer and cover the different roles they have.

Ranks
Within the force there are multiple ranks and divisions that you can achieve and every rank has a different role within the police department. The KPD has a cap of 31 members in total and now I will list all the ranks in descending order.

Main Division
The main division is formed by everyone who is Police Lieutenant and below. It has a cap of 19 members and is the largest division in the force.

Police Cadet
This will be the first rank you will receive once you get accepted into the force. Cadets will first learn about the basics and will often be supervised by higher-ups and are expected to regularly attend police training sessions since they still have to learn quite a lot of things when starting their career as a police officer. Trainings are really helpful to the cadets since they help to build up knowledge about the KPD and to prepare them for their evaluations. To achieve a better rank within the KPD, you will have to complete the evaluation with an acceptable score or you will risk being kicked out of the police department. It is not allowed to go on patrols alone and you would only be able to go on a patrol with groups of at least one patrol officer or even ranks that are higher than that.

Patrol Officer
After you have passed the evaluations, you are now a patrol officer. This rank has way more open paths and has more opportunities. Since you are higher ranked than a cadet, you will have more responsibility than before. For example, you can take the new cadets on patrol or even patrol with other patrol officers or even higher ranks. You will have to be active as a patrol officer because you have already surpassed the state of a cadet and need to reach a specific quota for your activity such as patting down people.

Police Corporal
As a police corporal, you finally made it into a higher rank, which is obtainable for non-staff players. Although there are not many differences between police corporals and patrol officers, except the main difference, which is being able to train cadets. You could become a physical trainer or an informational trainer. You will also be able to use different tools, like the pepper spay and the crowbar.

Police Sergeant
The police sergeant is the next higher rank after the police corporal and you are expected to give guidance and act as a supervisor for all the lower lanks that are within the KPD. You are allowed to rent a police bike out to patrol with and also a glock-17 to use in very dangerous situations. You will most likely be overlooked by the higher-ups on how you treat the ranks below you.

Police Lieutenant
The police lieutenant is the highest rank within the main division of the force. The heads of information and physical training are given this rank and they act as some sort of leader. They create a solid base to show the cadets how a solid police officer should handle different situations. They should be good at communication and also bring good leading skills to the table if you want to be a successful police lieutenant.

Detective Divison
The detective division has a cap of 10 members and contains every rank between Police Detective Constable and Police Detective Superintendent, which are 4 ranks in total. It is smaller than the main division but it is filled with many higher-ups.

Police Detective Constable
The initial step to joining the detective division of the KPD is to become a police detective constable. You will participate in training to understand the fundamentals of how to be a detective, including questioning and all the rules that you should be aware of as a police detective constable. You must pass an exam in order to progress past a police detective constable.

Police Detective Inspector
After passing your exam, you advance to the police detective inspector, where you now supervise and manage inquiries and questioning, and are also the detective division's first rank to be authorized to rent a police cruiser and to carry a weapon. As a police detective inspector, you have the authority to go to judges to request warrants and manage the police detective constables, who are your subordinates.

Police Detective Chief Inspector
It is the first higher-up rank in the detective division and they often assist the detective superintendet with their tasks and also supervise the ranks below them. The detective chief inspector has tasks with investigation of larger cases of gang affiliation and they are allowed to go undercover.

Police Detective Superintendent
You are now the highest ranking member of the detective division, the police detective superintendent. As such, it is your responsibility to manage the division's well-being, promote individuals, and aid in the general education of your members. Your responsibility is to defend the division, and you manage everything that occurs there.

Higher-up Division
This division includes the Commissioner and the Police Captain and it is capped at 2 members in total. These two members are the most high-ranked officers and are in charge of everything involving the KPD.

Police Captain
The top rank attainable inside the main division, yet branching out into the higher-up division. As a police captain, you are the primary leader of the main division, second only to the commissioner themselves in terms of responsibility for everyone's well-being, who patrols with whom, and quotas for everyone within the main division.

Commissioner
The highest rank within the whole KPD which acts as the head of it. The police commissioner is a role that is unobtainable but seems to indicate who is in authority of the KPD because they manage payments, promotions, and plenty more. They are in charge and work at the top of the Karakura police hierarchy.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
I think that police is really important for SchoolRP since the server is based around roleplaying as characters, which seem to be quite realistic since you are able to go to school, do jobs, etc. It is basically displaying what the school life of a Japanese student would look like, which means there also has to be other factions besides the school to make it as realistic as possible. Without the police, it would not make much sense since it is such an important part OOCly and also ICly. Another reason why I think the police is very important is that the most popular faction within the server, and also the reason why many people actively spend many hours on the server, is gang roleplay. Without the police faction, the entire faction of gang roleplay would not be as fun anymore, because having the opposite, which are individuals who fight against illegal activities and who wanna protect the citizens of Karakura and who also wanna prevent criminals from using permissions against each other, is what makes gang roleplay fun in the end. Using permissions without any police officers would make it boring because of the fact that you can not face any punishment, other than possibly getting majored back from the opposite gang, which is mostly mundane or can be easily prevented by wearing a mask. Hiding from the police, interacting with them and the overall thought of getting caught is what makes gang roleplay different to other factions or even games, since gang roleplay gives you some sort of 'adrenalin rush' if you, for example, succeed in evading the police and hide from them. My other point is that it also creates way more role playing experience for everybody involved, since many people probably enjoy this type of faction on the server and have fun while roleplaying with the police force. My last point would be that many events can be created around KPD and looking back into the past, many events have had KPD involved, which shows that it really fits into the structure of SchoolRP.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I understand it and find it totally fair.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I agree to be 100% dedicated to the police officer role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I completely understand and agree.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Vincenzo Bateman

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male, he/him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Master degree in law enforcement.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
My character can fluently speak English and German besides Japanese.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Vincenzo is an American male and would have brown wavy hair while having a fade haircut, complimented by his brown eyes. His eyes are also rather round and his overall face was kind of defined, especially his jaw line. He would not have any beauty marks or any signs of eyebags since he would be a healthy and clean individual. He would look rather Italian and often had a serious look on his face, mostly seeming rather focused too. He would not smile that often, only in rare situations with people he is close with. Vincenzo is 6'2 tall and has a rather lean and muscular physique due to lifting weights and having a healthy diet which compliments his fitness. Most of the time he is wearing rather formal clothes, like all black suits and also designer jackets. After all, he is an Italian who has good taste in fashion.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Vincenzo is not the type of guy who seems to change his behavior when it comes to professional or casual situations. He will always be in his true form all the time, regardless of the current situation that he is in. He is still more of a quiet person who observes everything but does not replay to everything that he hears. In his beliefs, less is more and he has always lived like that. Over the years, he accomplished a mindset which was very different compared to other people who are at his age. Vincenzo is not really someone who likes to be unprofessional just to crack some jokes. He will stay professional in every scenario possible since this is his true identity. Meaningless conversations about topics that do not matter to him, make him bored and make him start to think that he is wasting his time. Although he really enjoys deep conversations with close friends or even loved-ones, but his circle is really small and there are only a handful of people. He lives in his own accomplished mindset, which also makes him rather strict to himself all the time.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Vincenzo loves loyality and it is one of the most valuable attributes for him which is really needed when joining the force. Being loyal towards your co-workers is really important because you will always have to look out for each other, since being a police officer can be very dangerous sometimes. You can never really be alone as a police officer, since it would simply be too dangerous, so you will definitely need people around you. Vincenzo likes having people around and benefits from it since he can share his mindset to them and he can maybe learn something new from them as well.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
Vincenzo always wants to be a leader, but he does not seem to really be bothered by his current position within the force. Being in some sort of higher-up position would make him really happy, since he likes to take action and be in charge of various decisions. He is generally a grateful person who is even just happy getting accepted to KPD. He is also a respectful person and won't force himself to get into a leader position at the beginning of his career. He first wants to gain all the knowledge a decent police officer needs before he would care about getting into a higher-rank within the force. In his beliefs, the hierarchy is not everything and before he even cares about getting a promotion, he wants to be fully prepared for a higher-up position with the KPD so that he can be a solid leader who shows professionality.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Vincenzo, born on the 18th January in Texas, USA of Marco Bateman and Sienna Bateman. During his time as a baby, the boy was treated the same as his sister, Louka, who was the trusted one since he has a strong bond with her. He especially spent a lot of time when he was young with his sister because she was a really kind and loving person. She always helped Vincenzo with basically everything and they often went outside to the playground. Although they spent less time together when Louka was part of the college volleyball team. Both his parents were really busy with their jobs too and the only person who spent time with Vincenzo was Louka and that made him really happy to have such a good sister like her. After a couple of years, the family decided to go to Japan since there were better job opportunities for the parents of Vincenzo. He wasn't really happy about that decision at first, because he really liked his home country and didn't want to leave.

Entering 1st Grade in Japan, Vincenzo was well equipped with his rather decent-sized family. Educated in essentially everything, Vincenzo was pretty decent within his first year and really tried to impress his teachers and get good grades in school. When school ended, he often also revised and studied for exams. Even in his next years at school, he never really got back home with bad grades, which made his family really proud of him, since Vincenzo is a really strict person to himself who always wants to gain knowledge and learn something new. Although finally pushing onwards to the next few years, Vincenzo soon went into middle school; continuing to be rather above average compared to his other family members, he would soon develop an interest with some girls. Not making great friends in his middle school years, he would face some problems with them. These girls were rather traditional Japanese individuals and came from families that weren’t from the western world like him. Though they were interested in western culture. This was a good opportunity for him to finally make some new friends in Japan because all his friends that he had in America weren't there for him anymore and he still missed them a lot. The rest of middle school for Vincenzo was a pretty good experience for him and he still continued to get good grades via studying a lot. He also found a new hobby, which is football. Vincenzo was pretty good at football and, compared to other students, he was really great. His favourite position was centre back because his defending is his best attribute and he just enjoyed playing this position. Joining the school’s football team; to a point that he excelled. He quickly became one of the best centre backs on his team, despite his recent joining; most likely due to the time and energy devoted to football.

Although soon graduating from middle school, Vincenzo found his new passion, which was crime investigation. His family had recently moved to Karakura, Japan and he was in his first year of high school, Vincenzo saw a poster about police detectives and something about it caught his eye almost instantly. At this point, Vincenzo really wanted to become a police officer and tried is best at graduating from middle school. First, it was not really easy for him due to school getting harder and more exams had to be done. Louka helped him with difficult homework and still was the closest person in his life. He also met some friends who also wanted to become a police officer in the future, so Vincenzo really respected his friends since they were like-minded and had the same goal as him.

After many exams and years, Vincenzo finally made it into college where he wanted to get a master's degree in law enforcement. Vincenzo would still be in the school's football team and would really enjoy going to practise and matches with his team. However, he is still a rather quiet person and often just observes things rather than replying to everything. He wasn't really interested in following the majority of people who enjoyed partying, drinking or even smoking. Vincenzo was just different and had other beliefs than them because all of the things the majority enjoyed, he didn't like at all. He thinks that it takes everything to be alone, but it takes nothing to join the crowd, and Vincenzo never changed his opinion on that statement and often chose the path where he would be alone. His sister, Louka, still supported him even though they sometimes did not have the same opinion or did not have the same mind-set. They often visited eachother when they had some time left. After time passed, Vincenzo finally made it and successfully completed his master's degree in law enforcement and is currently applying to get a job at the Karakura police department as a police officer.

More to be found out ICly.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, you can not legally own a pocket knife since it is counted as an illegal weapon. If you get patted down and a police officer finds the pocket knife on you, it will be taken away and you will be arrested for possession of illegal weaponry, where you will stay in prison for 2-3 months, but you have the opportunity to bail out your character after 3 days OOCly.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Surgical mask, Eyepatch, Bandages, Casts and Paracetamol do not require a prescription.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
First, I would check if my body camera is switched on so that it can record anything that is happening so that I have evidence of what exactly happened if it comes to further questions. Since the officer is not upholding the code of conduct and is breaking the law of an officer, I would instantly get the assaulting officer off the inmate. After that, I would inform the higher-ups within the KPD and show them the footage of the body camera.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If the person is assaulting my co-worker without any weapons, I would get behind them and pull them away from my co-worker, possibly to a wall so their back is facing me. I would handcuff them since I do not know if they will continue assaulting my co-worker. After that, I will pat them down and arrest them for assault and send them to jail. If they used a weapon to assault my co-worker, I would reveal my location to other members of the KPD and explain the situation on the radio before I would unholster the taser and help them by tasing the people who are assaulting them. If my co-worker is not harmed by the weapons, I would instantly pat them down since the assaulting person is stunned by the taser and arrest them (depending on the situation and weapons that have been used). I would then take my co-worker to the EMS so they can recover from the wounds they have received.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
I would start to gather evidence of the officer being corrupt or helping a criminal organization. When I gathered enough evidence, I would tell either the commissioner or the police captain that one of the officers within the KPD is unfortunately corrupt and that there are maybe more than just this officer who is involved with being corrupt.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I would not react and tell them to pay a fine for bribery and if they refused and do not pay the amount of the fine, I would instantly arrest them for being unable to pay the fine. I would also tell the higher-up team about people currently trying to bribe officers, which could lead to a co-worker possibly accepting the bribe at some point of time in the future. It could happen that the criminal will try to evade and even succeed, so I will describe them over the radio and chase them.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED

We appreciate your interest in the faction and wish to congratulate you by giving
you a chance at becoming part of the Karakura Police Department!

Your next step will be to join the Karakura Emergency discord server to
receive your roles and start your journey in our faction!​

Users who are viewing this thread