Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

Mr_Mow

Discord Name & Tag:
diedforyoursins

Which timezone are you in?
EST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
I currently have 2 applications for factions, with none denied. Professor, and Teacher, although currently, I'm neither on my account.

Describe your activity on the server:
I play about 30 hours a week currently.

What is your motivation for applying?:
I haven't been interested in being limited to just student RP recently, I'm thinking this would be a great roleplay opportunity. A new roleplay environment is probably what would get me more involved in SRP. I might have been a less than stellar teacher, and perhaps even a professor, not ICLY or anything just, how can you know how it's going to be until you try it and get a feel for it, I hosted multiple times. I just tried it and it wasn't for me. You know? But I'm thinking KPD is the correct faction for me with the perfect balance of responsibilities and roleplay based on my research.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
OOCLY the only knowledge I have is from roleplaying with KPD, and reading forum posts when looking for laws and rules of Karakura throughout the years. I know they give fines and make arrests, they sit in KPD sometimes and help people who come up to the window. I know they have many tools to give them an edge in combat for the carrying out of justice. I know they are law enforcers, and they're the ones who uphold law and order. I suppose that's what training is for though, so I can learn more if my application is accepted.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Karakura is a machine that runs on flesh and is caked with blood. The crime rates are outrageous because there's only so much to do in terms of roleplay options. The city tab is full of things but those all require applications or such, same with college and faculty tab, meaning that GangRP is one of the easiest, and often most rewarding roleplay wise options. Meaning of course, police are required to keep the gangs and criminals of Karakura in check.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I do

In-Character (IC) Section

What's your character's full name?:

Holland March
How old is your character (if accepted)?:

What are your character's gender and pronouns?:
He/Him

Please select your highest academic role at the time of writing this application:
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Masters

What languages does your character know besides Japanese?:
Italian

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Holland is a slightly-kempt man, that may resemble a wet rat at times. His dirty blonde hair is slicked back with grease, and or gel. He takes hygiene seriously, despite his appearance, the grease is cosmetic not excreted from his scalp. His face is clean shaven mostly, but at times of lowest lows he will keep a scruffy face.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Holland may appear bumbling in casual situations, but when needed he can be deceptive and witty such as in a professional situation. There's a certain charm to his dopiness, much like a goofy uncle.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Holland can work well with others that work well with others. As long as his co-workers personality meshes well with his, he can get comfortable and can even work better than if alone.

What's your character's backstory?

June 10th 1989 was unremarkable to most, remembered only by few, as the day an addition was made to the March family. Growing up in an upper middle class house, in an upper middle class neighborhood in the middle of Ohio made his beginning an easy one. He experienced the typical joys of early life, toys, family and the like. From the beginning he possessed an innate charm, and due to this, Holland's life took a significant turn when he met Emily, the woman who would become his anchor and the love of his life. They met in high school and he was in his early twenties when he decided to have a union with his wife, marrying her, eventually having a daughter named Holly with her. Emily's influence brought a sense of stability and warmth to Holland's life, grounding him in a way that felt almost magical. They lived a storybook life, in an upper-middle class house in Cleveland Ohio USA father, mother, daughter. They raised their kid and lived life as per usual, no one knows when life is gonna end, that's what makes it valuable. However, the magic was abruptly shattered by a devastating event that altered the course of Holland's life forever. 7 years after their marriage, and 7 years after Holly was born , a tragic fire, its origins forever unknown, consumed the March family home, and with it, claimed the life of Emily. Nobody could have seen this coming, it's not like there was a disease running rampant in her body, or some sort of tumor ravaging her with a set expiration date, an unforeseen, unpreventable tragedy. In the aftermath of this profound loss, Holland turned to coping mechanisms that, in hindsight, only deepened his despair. Seeking solace in the numbing embrace of alcohol, he embarked on a journey of self-destruction. This descent into darkness strained his relationships, particularly with his daughter, Holly. The once-close family found itself grappling with the void left by Emily's absence and the fractures caused by Holland's coping mechanisms. One particularly late night at the bar led to an accidental trip lasting multiple days, forcing him to quit cold turkey, not even drinking a cap full of mouthwash to stave off the shakes. He hasn't given up all his vices though, seldom seen without a cigarette, he is an avid smoker. At this time, he is a reformed alcoholic, not that he'd ever admit it. Due to his gained hindsight, there is very little chance of him falling back down the slippery slope of alcoholism. He moved to Japan to get away from the place where he lost his anchor, but he'll just tell you he always wanted to move.

General knowledge

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

Nope, definitely illegal.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Paracetamol
Multivitamins
Iron Supplements
Cough Syrup
An Eyepatch

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

If this is not self defense, or the only way to stop an inmate from attacking someone or escaping, you should confront the co-worker. Interfere with the abuse, and make sure they can't abuse an inmate while you're there. Tell them that abusing the inmates without reason is totally against the law, and that you will have to report them to chain of command. Then you should report them to the chain of command and let the system work, perhaps appearing as a witness in a trial if it comes to it. Everyone, even inmates, deserve basic human rights.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

Quickly call for backup, as to not waste any time that could be used helping your co-worker, it never hurts to have help on the way. Quickly attempt to stop your co-worker from being assaulted by subduing the attacker. If you are unsuccessful in subduing the attacker, there is help on the way, always plan for failure, but also for success. After successfully subduing the attacker and getting them into a position where they cannot do any more harm, check on your co-worker and when backup arrives, have your co-worker taken to the hospital to be looked over, while the attacker is taken into custody by you or backup.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

Holland would try to keep his cool as he finds out his co-worker is working with gangs, as to not immediately alarm the co-worker, while he would silently alert higher-ups or authorities. He would know the co-worker wouldn't just sit back while being ousted as a criminal, and if he had backup, there would be less time for the accused to alert such criminal organizations that he is compromised to avoid the accused calling backup. For, if he was killed or kidnapped before alerting higherups then the corruption would continue until someone else found out.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

Holland would be taken aback at this bribery offer, he's never seen anything like this, not in real life. As a defense mechanism he would use humor to hide being astounded by the situation. "You wanna give me money?" He'd look almost agreeable surprising his colleagues, shocking them even "Sure, pay me the cash, but not the bribe, bribery is a fineable offense in Karakura, and you'll be paying that fine." Subversion of expectations is a classic type of comedy, which Holland would use when nervous or as a defense mechanism.

NOTES/EDIT:
I had a google search for Ryan Gosling copied to my clip board for something unrelated, and while formatting I must have accidentally pasted it under the character's name. I removed that lol.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETENCE
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

DETAIL
-
Although we don't deny your will to join the faction, detail is a great
way to show off your interest. Therefore, we recommend spending more
time to try and re-elaborate your application so that it shows off you're
truly engaged in trying to join us!

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES