mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

KPD & GangRP Situations

OceanRP_

Level 6
What's your Minecraft Username?: jxstcam_
What's the title of your suggestion?: KPD & GangRP Situations

What's your suggestion?:
KPD and GangRP Situations are really bias towards KPD as with me and lot of other GangRpers. I feel like the issue with this is the ICLY Situations. KPD can just bust open a door for no reason as they check "CCTV" and can recognize apartments off the rip. I really do think that we should have sides rules with KPD and GangRP in general. I feel that KPD should be more realistic within Situations than, "Break-In, Shoot, Arrest". If there a way that Situations can be more realistic than just bust opening a door without no warrants but you know that a cop who got majored is in an apartment. (Totally not happen towards me before haha)

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I think that if we can have it like real life situations it would be better for gangrpers to actually have a chance than getting arrested all the time.

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
SRP in general is already realistic enough. Just like Valentine said in order for them to search a residence they need a warrant. And the only way to get a warrant is from a Judge, you also need to meet certain requirements too for the warrant to be valid as well.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
I've said this an infinite amount of times before, but I'll say it again:

Cops are meant to be avoided, not fought. If you're bringing someone to an apartment, CCTV is most definitely going to catch you, and the police will know where you are. At this point, you're just cornering yourself into an apartment and allowing cops to gather outside; my suggestion is to do it all in the sewers as that's where GangRP has been moving towards for the past few months

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I think we should make it even easier for KPD. Instead of busting down a door, they should have access to every single key in Karakura. However, to make it fair and balanced, they would have to sort through all of their keys to find the correct key in order to open the door. To do this, I propose a new "key GUI" is implemented where you can store all of your keys. While most players might only have a few keys, each and every KPD officer would have hundreds of keys, (which they would also be carrying on them at all times ICly, which would significantly slow them down. So that balances it out). So now, all a cop has to do is open their key GUI, select the correct key from the dozens of pages, and then open the door. This saves them the trouble of breaking down the door, with is very dangerous, as the door might splinter off and hurt somebody. We would not want KPD officers to be liable for any injury, and this minimizes the risk of that happening. Also, instead of arresting criminals, the KPD should simply kill on sight, even for the most minor of offenses (such as jaywalking). This is a more realistic approach to roleplay, as it would remove the necessity of jailing criminals (since the jail command is unrealistic since it just teleports you into a cell). If the KPD officers simply killed you without a second thought, you would not have to worry about being transported to the jail because you will be dead. It is alright if your body is itemRPd and transferred to the morgue, as you can no longer roleplay at that point because your character is dead.

You might be thinking the keys thing is a bit unfair, so to balance it out in gangrper's favor, we will implement more locks on houses. So, if you want, you can have a LOT of locks, so that the KPD has to select even MORE keys from their GUIs in a timely manner. This gives you plenty of time to do your business, then wait out the OOC timer before you can log off. If the KPD can not get inside of your house in time before you log off, you win! Note, this requires you to have one of those doors that just leads into another door, except instead of just one door you would need a lot. You could even turn it into a maze, so that they have to find the correct path to you through all of the locked doors, after finding the keys for each and every one. This balances it out in gang roleplayers' favor because now you have a lot of time before the cops can get to you, and if they take too long, you can just log off.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

As someone who is apart of the gangRP community and is apart of KPD - Officers are not to be fought. It's been said so much. KPD are meant to be avoided not fought, in a real life situation if you are seen forcefully taking someone into an apartment and you are caught by CCTV the police are going to intervene. And honestly, it isn't biased towards KPD in anyway in my opinion. In real life, the police have many many MANY ways to deal with crime, forensics, CCTV, witness statements, person descriptions, texts, area searches, etc. KPD have limited access to things. Usually for busting in we do not just bust into the apartment. We have crowbars prepared, multiple KPD officers and it isn't just enter and shoot.

If you don't want to be caught gangRPing, do it in the sewers. They're designed to be gangRPed in.

HunterHampter

Level 62
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable

We should honestly bring more roleplay into GangRP rather than perms, that way KPD should realisticly be avoided, not to mention KPD as of right now is A LOT weaker against Gangs.

solorize

Level 50
Community Team
Media Team
I think we should make it even easier for KPD. Instead of busting down a door, they should have access to every single key in Karakura. However, to make it fair and balanced, they would have to sort through all of their keys to find the correct key in order to open the door. To do this, I propose a new "key GUI" is implemented where you can store all of your keys. While most players might only have a few keys, each and every KPD officer would have hundreds of keys, (which they would also be carrying on them at all times ICly, which would significantly slow them down. So that balances it out). So now, all a cop has to do is open their key GUI, select the correct key from the dozens of pages, and then open the door. This saves them the trouble of breaking down the door, with is very dangerous, as the door might splinter off and hurt somebody. We would not want KPD officers to be liable for any injury, and this minimizes the risk of that happening. Also, instead of arresting criminals, the KPD should simply kill on sight, even for the most minor of offenses (such as jaywalking). This is a more realistic approach to roleplay, as it would remove the necessity of jailing criminals (since the jail command is unrealistic since it just teleports you into a cell). If the KPD officers simply killed you without a second thought, you would not have to worry about being transported to the jail because you will be dead. It is alright if your body is itemRPd and transferred to the morgue, as you can no longer roleplay at that point because your character is dead.

You might be thinking the keys thing is a bit unfair, so to balance it out in gangrper's favor, we will implement more locks on houses. So, if you want, you can have a LOT of locks, so that the KPD has to select even MORE keys from their GUIs in a timely manner. This gives you plenty of time to do your business, then wait out the OOC timer before you can log off. If the KPD can not get inside of your house in time before you log off, you win! Note, this requires you to have one of those doors that just leads into another door, except instead of just one door you would need a lot. You could even turn it into a maze, so that they have to find the correct path to you through all of the locked doors, after finding the keys for each and every one. This balances it out in gang roleplayers' favor because now you have a lot of time before the cops can get to you, and if they take too long, you can just log off.
LMFAOAOOAOAOAOOOO

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
Truth

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+

KPD are meant to catch criminals, not fight with them. Karakura Police Department are given specific gear and such as to fit their faction, along with approval from Yonio of how the faction works and operates. If you'd like to try major a cop, just remember they have #1 Bodycam footage, #2 CCTV, #3 Radio. These 3 thing's can lead to your arrest especially CCTV. If someone were to kidnap someone into an apartment, they'd probably be able to bust down the door. Some gang roleplayers disagree with Karakura Police Department's current state saying "It's too overpowered!!" "they need a nerf so unfair!!!" First of all, getting into a faction is hard enough. Karakura Police Department is given ICly stuff by the government If I'm correct, meaning they're providers (don't exist in roleplay) have researched phew phew electric gun, and riot shield. Because to put it simply, they're the government. The government has access to a lot of funding, and practically is EMS, Townhall and KPD. Gang roleplayers only make suggestions when a situation that has impacted they're character terribly. And, they can recognize which apartment you went into. It's not blackout attire, it's numbered apartments that dont have legs and walk around. If you think it's just unfair that they have the ability to do all this and in the past when KPD was less progressed icly it was easier to attack them?? Because that was around ICly 50ish year's ago. This is a terrible suggestion and I disagree with it fully. Even though, if you didn't commit the crime ICly it can be voided OOCly then. If you believe your character is innocent then take it to court.

Edit:

Cops are meant to be avoided, not fought. If you're bringing someone to an apartment, CCTV is most definitely going to catch you, and the police will know where you are. At this point, you're just cornering yourself into an apartment and allowing cops to gather outside; my suggestion is to do it all in the sewers as that's where GangRP has been moving towards for the past few months
This is also a really good point Ghostfire is making.
KPD can just bust open a door for no reason as they check "CCTV" and can recognize apartments off the rip.
Now you stated "KPD can just bust open a door for no reason as they check "CCTV" and recognize apartments off the rip." CCTV allows KPD to see who enters the apartment and which because like I said, apartments cant move around because they dont have legs. If your unhappy of the outcome, then just don't gang roleplay if you don't want this to happen to your character. If you want your character to stay out of jail, then don't do crimerp. If you want to gang or crimerp without getting arrested? Too bad, even the best can get arrested. But KPD does require a motive and reason to check CCTV as stated in rules.

"7.5c A police officer must be present at the CCTV desk in the police station when requesting CCTV on a character. The police officer must have a proper motive (such as a report) to use CCTV."

A proper motive would be; An officer has gone missing, a report was made, a 110 call was made.

If there a way that Situations can be more realistic than just bust opening a door without no warrants but you know that a cop who got majored is in an apartment.
I joined a voice chat and I overheard you complaining over "they just broke in and took all my weapons" and such. You kidnapped a cop, once they find out the cop's missing or perhaps unresponsive to the radio they're character would be worried enough to check CCTV. This can lead to yours or whoever's apartment it is. If you have an issue with it then do it in the sewers where no CCTV is.

Last edited:

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
Cops need to have a proper motive to check CCTV, we also need a motive to break into an apartment without a warrant.

For example, if we KNOW an officer is being kidnapped or in a situation and we check CCTV and see MULTIPLE different angles of a group dragging an officer into that apartment we arnt gonna bother getting a warrant because we have proper motive. Getting a warrant when there is an ongoing crime would also put KPD at an extreme disadvantage which would be unfair since the way we get warrants is a time-consuming process in itself.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- Police already request warrants where necessary from the Government Faction.​

Users who are viewing this thread