KPD Monthly Salaries Suggestions

Jinyoung

Level 6
IGN:
TwiceRP

DATE:

08/08/2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I am suggesting for KPD to have a fixed amount of paycheck being received even if you are a lower ranked police officer making it equal for everyone.

I know this is not much to say and some KPD officers may or may not agree but I have started working under KPD for at least a month or so without getting any income from the said job unless you get an arrest, or fines from your suspects. Looking back at some logs, as a KPD officer you would see that most arrests were taken by higher ups, and/or much more advanced officers who would want to take the arrest. During a crime, some officers would slightly argue who got the arrest when there are multiple people to jail in a certain event. At this point, it becomes a competition than teamwork, in my opinion.

I have experienced a cadet friend of mine who joined arresting some culprits during a said event (found while in a patrol), however, she had not gotten any arrest logged even when present as some higher ups had claimed it was theirs. Some people OOC, like me, can sometimes be intimidated by older police officers to even claim an arrest, hence do the supporting job as “Covering their backs” for ambush.

Cadets and lower ranked Police officers (AKA newly joined officers in the force or some sort.) will have to stay back at the front desk, do patrols, wait for calls, do reports and so forth.

But if the server would want to serve realism, and I know some would say, “If you want to apply to a job just for the money, then I don't think it's suitable for you” - Realism is the form of making it realistic. In the adult world, as realistic as it can be, a person would apply for jobs to gain money to support their family or themselves. Most new players would not even know how money works, or how much those who pay for any said job are working either.

Realistically, everyone in the whole world would know how much Doctors are paid, even Police officers were paid on an average basis. You would know how much your career path would pay by searching the web of their average salaries, to know if this is the best career to go through. Hence, standing my point that having a job is not purely just for passion, but for wealth as well.

I have worked as a teacher and a college professor for months on the server, their paycheck is rational and gives the employees actual tasks to finish in order to gain their monthly salaries. I was able to support myself and my family like buying an apartment, giving my kids allowances and when they are in need of an Item I’d buy it for them or for my self-care (alcohol, food, wants and needs). I work and still able to do FamilyRP with the salary I make.

However, the moment I joined KPD, I did ask some higher ups how the police officers are getting paid and she simply mentioned that an arrest is basically your salary. I have heard rumors that the KPD has the highest paying salary in the server’s job list, but a salary per arrest is not a salary at all, it’s a commission. Basically, the KPD system runs in a “No arrest, No Pay” situation and by this system, this is already unfair as some officers would be competitive to get an arrest no matter what, leaving the slightly less competent officers with little to nothing earned.

This would work for officers who are confident enough to arrest a gangrper and would risk their lives being hunted with KPS by the said criminal for a week. As the story goes, confident police officers get the arrests more than the newly intimidated officers. Some may say “boost your confidence” or “why are you in KPD if you are incompetent of your duties” again.. Humanely, police officers do have some personas and realistically, some officers are stuck on paper duties or going through the reports for investigations but this is still counted as police work.

Front desk assignments, teaching new cadets, answering calls, making reports and going on patrol are still duties of the police officer without focusing on merely arresting. Police work is not based on just arresting, if you think that’s all they do, I would suggest looking up what other things police officers would realistically do than go on a chase for criminals.

I am suggesting to give the KPD a reasonable monthly pay, maybe by the number of patrols they make in a month, since the patrol is the most common task that is achieved- making use of this duty in equivalent for a more reasonable pay to comply with the force whether or not they get an arrest would be beneficial to all officers.

However, balancing the number of quota to get rid of players grinding on the said task is also needed to be implemented. For example, if my suggestion of logging patrols may be accepted for a reasonable amount, some may go on a patrol 10 times in a day and finish their quota within 3 days. Giving a limit per patrol in a day like 4 patrols logged (not limiting the number of patrols made but limiting the counted logs) per C/O (so grinding by joining a patrol wont be abused unless they are cadets) would give a reasonable amount to reach 25-50 patrols quota in a month (the quota number may possibly be high, since the patrol time is not restricted like any of the school employees). This is just an example to give KPD a balanced monthly salary since their commission would be the arrest. You may add overtime like teachers and professors do, to make the salary paycheck work hard for. In this system, officers can get paid doing their police duties properly and not relying on merely arresting/fining criminals. At this point more patrols will be made and more officers will be online and have a purpose to work and gain something from it. Especially with the amount of gang/illegal activities that would increase in a matter of time due to the new implemented rules, more patrols will be needed in the near future.

I hope my suggestion will come through because not everyone can pull out a tough act to rush into criminal activities just so we get paid. Some would prefer to be safe because some also have a family in their characters. Dying as a police officer is an honor, but a grief to their families to lose a member, realistically.

Last edited:

cochize

Level 1
I would like to say that we don't argue about arrests at all, the only reason I see that you are making this is because you are just simply a cadet that can't go out often which means you can't get arrests or fines. Once you become a higher ranking in the KPD you can get all the arrests/fines you want, but since most of the time, GangRPers make throwaway characters which means they never get bailed, that goes back to the HigherUp comment you made about them getting arrests most of the time they never get bailed. So, in the end, we rarely make money.

Loooper

Level 136
Prads
Prads
Fundraiser+
Denied

- Even if a monthly pay was implemented, keep in mind, monthly; If it was capped at 100k a month, if an officer got a single arrest for assault thats a monthly wage made in a second. That's 1 day out of 30 and there's plenty of crimes being committed throughout the city and it would simply be abused. Bail prices are reasonably set and no monthly wage is necessary at the current moment.

- It's a pre-made rule for officers higher than the rank of cadet to take arrests so cadets witness how to do so when they do move up in the rankings. At the end of the day the cadet rank is the rank that gives higher up officers to deem the cadet ready to pursue an actual career as an officer, not make 5 arrests a day/week.

- After all of the above, as an officer if your main priority is to make money you're simply wasting time as its rarely that officers do go off duty to actually use their money and your main objective would be to do your job and have fun, not make monthly wage.

- We appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave this feedback, though we've chosen to deny it.

Users who are viewing this thread