mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Kps suggestion

SapouT

Level 21
IGN: SapouT
DATE: 12/2/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Kps shouldn't only be used by vfg or ufg (unconsented)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It would benefit because the current system is way too exclussive, it requires players to be in a big gang to be able to use them so smaller gangs with less members either because they chose to have less members or because they cant get many members are missing out in fun/serious activities. Also people who may not have the time to stay in a gang cannot solo gangrp and enjoy the crime system to its full potential. Lastly, many people wont join new gangs that are just starting up because these gangs cant provide them with kps so they will probably choose one of the many uvf or vf gangs.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
A few things;

First, If a player is joining a gang purely because they want to have kps to use, then they should not be joining gangs.

Secondly, this rule was put in place to prevent unnecessary deaths to people that didn’t want anything to do with GangRP. There was an issue for a while that (for example) jocks during JockRP would bully and gang up on a kid, KOing them with a bat on accident and then that kid came back with a 20 man gang to murder the jock simply because they got knocked out.

As far as “solo GangRP goes”, no player should be running around the city looking for kps to act on. Kps was brought back but with extreme caution, and with a system that makes sense and doesn’t force people into situations they don’t want to be in.

SapouT

Level 21
A few things;

First, If a player is joining a gang purely because they want to have kps to use, then they should not be joining gangs.

Secondly, this rule was put in place to prevent unnecessary deaths to people that didn’t want anything to do with GangRP. There was an issue for a while that (for example) jocks during JockRP would bully and gang up on a kid, KOing them with a bat on accident and then that kid came back with a 20 man gang to murder the jock simply because they got knocked out.

As far as “solo GangRP goes”, no player should be running around the city looking for kps to act on. Kps was brought back but with extreme caution, and with a system that makes sense and doesn’t force people into situations they don’t want to be in.
Still excluding isnt nice, in my case i wont be joinning any gangs cuz i dont have much time to spend on srp but i enjoy being in lethal fights etc yk and i shouldnt be part of a gang to do so i might want to go against people onmy own or with a group that aint a gang, also a small gang that doesnt have a role yet cannot fight a bigger gang with kps... some times people dont have enough time to spend in a gang but dont want to miss out on kps

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Still excluding isnt nice, in my case i wont be joinning any gangs cuz i dont have much time to spend on srp but i enjoy being in lethal fights etc yk and i shouldnt be part of a gang to do so i might want to go against people onmy own or with a group that aint a gang, also a small gang that doesnt have a role yet cannot fight a bigger gang with kps... some times people dont have enough time to spend in a gang but dont want to miss out on kps
if you enjoy being in lethal fights, find someone who wants to do the same thing and fight with them, some players don’t want to involve themselves with your antics over some minor assault perms gone wrong.

If you don’t have the time to spend on SRP playing in a gang, what makes you think you have the time to build meaningful IC motive or reasoning to kill either, I personally think the way it is now is balanced and reasonably fair for both new players and those who want to expand on what permissions they can use, this is a School Roleplay after all.

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I agree with all that's been said by the people who gave the time to list their reasoning.
You mention "exclusion". Exclusion from what? You aren't excluded if you agree to Kill Permissions (Consent Rule). The way it works now means people who are willing to take their time making a name for themselves in the criminal underworld get "rewarded" (though I hesitate to call it that, it's the only word that comes to mind). As Customable said, if you want to do fatal encounters, find people who also want to do fatal encounters.

P3RK3

Level 42
P3RK3
P3RK3
Omega
A few things;

It's explained very well why KPS are how they are now. And to mention if gangs apply just to be able to acquire KPS they will be denied.

dorian

Level 11
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich
If you’re only in a gang to non-consensually kill another person’s character, maybe you should seek out other roleplay opportunities

suneater

Level 90
Some people have said stuff similar, but as someone who does directly get involved in jockrp I really do not want to have to worry abt a character being killed solely because I insulted someone one too many times. Keep kps restricted to people who are directly wanting to get involved with things that'd lead to that possibility

Acroy

Level 28
A few things;

[-1]

What Infi said.

addition:

In combat situations, I will give kps on a character if the RP situation is reasonable.
I won't give kps if they say they want to murder me for stealing their food. Get the point?
going off of what Infi said, you don't just murder someone because they beat you up. IRL, that can lead to death row if you get caught.
Which is very likely.
I just don't see why we need to change anything about kps rn.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread