TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
IGN:
TheEnglishDuck
DATE:
02/10/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

A KPS compromise. I'm not saying entirely bring back kps without consent, because honestly that would be abused and I understand that, but at least bring in a compromise. For example, admin+ approval to act on KPS requiring detailed reasoning on why you wish to enact the kps, why it makes for good rp and what reason your character has to do this. For example, if someone cuts out your character's eye, your character would obviously have a serious reason to kill them, they did something that permanently affects him in life. But it should also make sense in rp, for example the person who had their eye cut out shouldn't be allowed to kill the person who did it if they aren't an actual criminal, just a random college student might seriously just let it be, take it as a traumatic experience in there life. The way I see it, there are three choices here

-'kps applications' where you dm an admin+ on discord and give them all the information regarding the situation and they can accept it or deny it
-Bring it back fully but make it very strict in terms of when kps is allowed (seriously, if you can cut someone's eye out you should deal with the results) maybe admin+ supervision
-Keep it the way it is. This is honestly the most likely one, since no staff member is gonna support going back on their decisions, but whatever.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

gangrp is one of the biggest genres on the server, it's really stupid to nerf the entire thing. First people can get prosthetics that work exactly like the originals, then permissions are heavily restricted, then we literally did consent for kps.. i don't understand it, i understand people might not want their characters to die, but think about how strict the requirements for kps are. we've gone a long way from kps if you call the cops and nlr for witnessing a crime. if your character knocks someone out and removes a limb, you seriously deserve to face the consequences. no one can accidently get kps against them, nor is it fair to say 'minding your business then jumped by 10 people in balistic masks' because that's not how it happens, kps is primarily between gang members. you could literally also just make it so kps between members of verified gangs doesn't need consent, if the whole 'my character my rules' thing bothers you. next up, we'll be adding consent to be arrested, like no, if you do something that is illegal in terms of the arrest or counts for the very strict kps rules then you deserve to have the character killed, you signed up for it by getting into gangrp.

if you chop a dude's limb off, you should be allowed to be killed. simple as that

(also i'm not using grammar because my keyboard is literally busted and it'd take way too many clicks to capitalise everything and i can't be bothered)

Infi

Level 133
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Homie this was literally my suggestion

Edit: I do like some of the points listed, however I dunno if it’s plausible

Last edited:

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
Homie this was literally my suggestion

Edit: I do like some of the points listed, however I dunno if it’s plausible
i know, and i'm not tryina steal spotlight or anything on this lmao i just had a few things to add and i felt like the comments were so stacked that nothing would actually be read by staff

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
and i was already planning on making one before i saw infi's, i didn't want to scrap it just because someone else said something similar

Infi

Level 133
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
i know, and i'm not tryina steal spotlight or anything on this lmao i just had a few things to add and i felt like the comments were so stacked that nothing would actually be read by staff
Nono I totally understand that!

As much as I would like to believe staff would be able to review KPS stuff, staff are already worked pretty hard as it is and it would probably cause some more arguments of certain things being allowed or disallowed in these fictional KPS applications, without proper guidelines and obviously it’s all subjective to possible subconscious bias too

would be best but I think it’d put too much pressure on staff and cause more arguments than it’s worth

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
We're currently in discussion for rule changes similar to Kill Permissions for Gang vs Gang to work better with gang war and other criminal events.

More will be announced closer to the update.

Users who are viewing this thread