Out-Of-Character Information
What is your Minecraft username?:
ktiy
Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
ktiy#3333
What is your time zone?:
Pacific
Describe your activity on the server:
Not so much during school, but I've a bunch of free time over the summer to kill (and am pretty active).
Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Nope.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Understood.
School Employee Role you are applying for?: Private Tutor
In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Tutors work 1-on-1 with students (occasionally with a group of students) to help them understand material from classes. They help the student complete any homework they may be struggling with, along with helping them complete projects, study for quizzes, tests, exams, and the likes. They create a private, positive environment for the student to learn, giving positive and constructive feedback. Your tutor should be someone you trust to help you, and someone you have no problem going to when you're struggling.

According to people from the Karakura Academics Discord server; they also double as teacher assistants. This role I feel is pretty self explanatory and similar to the rest of the tutor role. A tutor would assist the teacher, along with going around the class during lectures or work time, helping any group of students or any individual student who was struggling with their work.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have experience roleplaying in this server mainly. I was into dnd for a little while but I'm not really interested in that anymore.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/private-tutor-application.12938/ (previously accepted private tutor application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/cricketeers-scots-application.22045/ (denied scots application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lost-adult-role.34859/ (denied support ticket?)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Year 11; 17 years old.
Was previously a 21 year old, unemployed adult, but was dropped from that role for mysterious reasons.

Situations
During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

They would try to remain calm, and let the student know that that's absolutely no way to talk to some way to talk to some one who's helping you.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
They would try to verbally break up the fight by just shouting to break it up and stuff. That would obviously never work, so they would go to grab another teacher or some other higher-up faculty member who knows better how to deal with this kind of situation.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
They'd probably ask something along the lines of 'do you really think this is a good idea?' They aren't very assertive with people their own age, and believe it's not really their job deal with what other staff members do on the job, so they wouldn't go much further than that. They would not get themself included in the act, and may later silently let a higher-up know.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
They would probably just chill out on the couch and keep to themself. They wouldn't initiate any conversation (unless something incredibly interesting happened to them earlier), but would happily engage in any conversation directed at them.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
would look over the student's shoulder, making sure at a glance they were understanding the work alright.
/me scoots their chair closer to their table to get a better look at the assignment at hand. They use their pencil as a pointer to point at the problem they were struggling with. 'This is the one that's confusing you?'
/me
crosses their arms, looking back from the work to the student. 'Just saying you're confused doesn't really help,' they say. 'Which part of this question is confusing you?'

In-Character Section
Full Name (First & Last only):
Kitty Cats
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Dr.
Preferred Name: Kacie, Dr. Cats

Age (Minimum is 25): 28
Religious Denomination: Athiest
Marital Status: N/A; Single

Academic Degree:
PhD
Year of Graduation: 2020
Major(s): Mathematics, Mathematical Physics
Minors:
Condensed Matter Physics

Nationality:
Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan
Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: English

Backstory
I grew up and had a fairly normal life in Karakura, Japan. I went to high-school at KHS, but I was a very slow learner. Thankfully, my teachers and tutors were extremely helpful during this time, and helped me along, making sure I understood all the content and helping me when I was confused. Thanks to them, I garnered an interest in mathematics and science. After I got interested in those, while I was in year 11 and 12, I offered free help (mostly when it came to math) to my peers who were struggling to understand their homework or study for a test, and this was something I enjoyed doing. This also helped me with my own work; that is, helping others helps me.

After I graduated high-school, I got accepted into a university in Middlesex and moved there to work on my undergraduate degree. There, my interests in math and science only growed, along with my interest in helping my peers. I stayed in the UK to work on my PhD in mathematics. As part of my degree, I had to teach a class, and ended up working 1 on 1 with a few of my students. That was something I found myself to really enjoy.

One of the students I worked with individually struggled more with self-image than the actual contents of the class, and that was really slowing her down. Though I knew I couldn't really be a super major help toward this, I would feel guilty not helping her at all. To try and show her it didn't matter how you look, and people don't actually really care how you appear, I started wearing a pair of kitty-cat pyjamas to my lectures. I thought they looked silly, and they matched my name.

I definitely did not solve her self-image issues, but I'd like to think I helped at least a little. The costume was silly, and I feel like I could use it to help any future students with self-image issues. Plus, I feel it fit my personality or whatever, so the look has stuck since then.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I graduated from this high-school and it was an extremely good learning environment for me. I'd like to give back to the school and make the students feel how I felt going to school here, trying to keep it as fantastic a learning environment as possible for them. It seems you guys are short-staffed on tutors, which I feel is a crucial role in ensuring a student's success, so that's the position I'd be interested in helping out in.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
I have experience working with college students as I taught a class as part of my PhD, though I have no other real experience working with high-school students.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I'd like to think I'm pretty good at working with students. I used to be a student myself, and a student who really struggled to understand the material, so I understand being in their shoes.

Extra: N/A
Additional notes about your application: N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Tutor at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing School Employee applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.​

Users who are viewing this thread