Level 28
kufn
kufn
Omega+

i have max attributes :3
╔══════════════════════••══════════════════════╗

IGN (In-Game Name):
kufn

Old username was followingeden (commonly confused with edensfollower and followerofeden). This will be my first time ever being in KPD if I am accepted.

Discord Name & Tag:
tim6thy

Previous bans:
I’ve never been banned before.

Describe your activity on the server:
I have been an avid player on the server for around a year now. I play the SRP practically every day that I can. I am currently a member of the school council. I spend my time roleplaying with my friends and IC family members. I have been a part of many different factions and teams. These factions include EMS, Shrine, HS Male Football, and HS Cheer. I have enjoyed my time within those groups, but now I believe that I have more to experience within the server. Outside of the server, I am a tailor for Euphoria. I enjoy making skins for the server, and I feel like I have been able to hone my creativity because of it.

Which time zone are you in?
I am located in the Eastern Standard Time zone.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
Priest Application - Accepted
Surgeon Application - Accepted
Student Council Application - Accepted
Lore Team Application - Denied

Event Team Application - Denied
KPD Application #1 - Denied
KPD Application #2 - Denied

What is your motivation for applying?:
As you can see, this is my third time applying for this role. Most people would have given up by now, but I am genuinely dedicated to earning this spot. I don't plan on giving up. I don't mean to sound silly but to put it bluntly, I want in. I have many motivation factors that push me to apply to KPD, and here are some. The main reason is experiencing a new faction. I know that it's the basic answer, but it's the truth. I've only ever been in two factions before, both of which confined me to the locations of the factions. I intensely disliked it. With KPD, you are everywhere, and that interests me a lot. KPD will invite me into new factions and areas of SRP that I have never experienced before. Factions like Crime and Town are examples of this. Another motivating factor is that KPD will be something new. Learning to roleplay as an officer will help me regain interest in SRP. Lately, I have found myself repeating the same stuff on SRP. It's getting boring. The fact that I feel that way scares me a lot. I love SRP, and I want to continue to love it, and joining a new faction will only benefit my love of SRP. I’ve seen many of my friends who are a part of KPD express their dedication to the faction. The thought of being able to share those experiences with them drives me even further.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
When it comes to understanding the roles and responsibilities of different positions in SRP, it can take time to know where to start. I will conclude each description associated with each of these positions by studying each position, fact-checking known knowledge, and making educated guesses. Although SRP can be different from what is experienced in the real world, I will attempt to explain the duties associated with each position and offer my conclusions.

The overall goal of police work is pretty simple. They maintain public order and safety, enforce the law, and detect and prevent any type of criminal activities. They maintain the public order and safety by resolving disputes and conflict between citizens. Police do this by acting as first responders to situations. This makes sure that the city is protected and safe. They enforce the law by making arrests and assisting in the prosecution of offenders. KPD are always the first person to respond to 110 calls. They do this by giving their 100 percent when responding to reports of certain criminal activities. During the court trials, KPD will often testify their own personal accounts of the story. Police also act as security inside of the town hall.

Roles
Description
Police Commissioner
The Commissioner is the head of the department. They are in charge of overseeing all of the different roles within the department.
Captain
The Captain is directly underneath the commissioner. The captain has essentially all of the same duties as the Commissioner with a little less authority. Like the Commissioner, they aren’t in charge of a specific division.
Detective Superintendent
The Detective Superintendent is the head of the detective division. They report directly to the Commissioner. Their duties are to oversee the Detective Division and ensure it runs smoothly.
Detective Chief Inspector
The Detective Chief Inspector role is held by three different people at any given time. This role means that the detective is a senior detective with years of experience. It is a higher-up position within the department
Detective Inspector
Being a Detective Inspector means that you are a qualified Detective. Earning this position means that you are trained enough to become an informational trainer.
Detective Constable
This is an entry-level position to become a detective within the department. While you are not a cadet anymore, you usually tackle the smaller cases within the department. You also assist the higher positions.
Lieutenant
The Police Lieutenants are the head of the Main Division. Usually, three people have this position at one time. They are in charge of making sure that the Main Division runs smoothly.
Sergeant
The Sergeants are in charge of training and assigning tasks within the Main Division. They are senior ranking officers within the department.
Corporal
Police Corporal act as supervisors to Patrolling Officers. They often assist higher-ranking officers.
Patrol Officers
This is the position that you receive after finishing your training within the department. They have very little power and authority within the department, but they are permitted to go on patrol and carry different types of police equipment.
Cadet
This is the role that is given to new hires within the department. They are in charge of learning the rules and going through the training that is needed to become a Patrol Officer.

══••══
Tasks
Description
Patrol
Patrol is a job done by most positions within the department. It is a multiple-person duty that requires communication between ranking officers. Patrol is when officers roam in the city making sure that everything is in order. The officers have to follow certain routes in which they have to take.
Paper Work
The most boring part of being a police officer. Desk Work is necessary to be a police officer. Desk work entails filing quotas, information learned from interrogations, and filing out arrest reports.
Mugshots
Mugshots are taken whenever you arrest someone. These said mugshots are then posted for the public to see. Mugshots are used to identify individuals for potential crimes so that their faces can be logged in the police database.
CCTV
Cameras can be found pretty much anywhere in the city. These cameras all report back to a room within the station. These recordings can be accessed by officers in case they are needed for evidence to use against a potential perpetrator.

══••══
Equipment
Description
Handcuffs
Handcuffs are equipped at all times by officers. They are used to detain criminals. Handcuffs are very durable because they are made out of steel. They are two wrist-sized cuffs that are linked by chains. They are placed behind the back of criminals to prevent officers from being attacked by fists.
Police Baton
The Baton is a weapon that can only be obtained by police officers. It is a metal elongated object that has a hit range of two blocks. It is used in situations where detainees attack officers.
Radio
This is a device carried by all of Karakura’s Emergency Workers. It is specifically used between officers to communicate with each other. Much like the phone, it directly connects officers. Unlike the phone, it requires no ringing. The radio can also be used globally to call EMS when someone requires medical help.
X26 Taser
The X26 Taser is used by officers to stun perpetrators. It shoots out two electrodes that carry an electrical current from the taser. The shock from the Taser is not enough to severely injure the target, but it does stun them for two minutes.
Pepper Spray
Pepper Spray comes in a small container. It releases a spray that can cause the eyes to feel a burning sensation. This burning sensation is bad enough to cause temporary blindness. It is said to be very excruciating.
Crow Bar
The crowbar is a metal curved object that is used to pry open doors and nails. It is not exclusive to KPD, but they are illegal to own by normal civilians. While they aren’t meant to be used to injure anyone, they can be used in the same manner as the police baton
Glock-17
The Glock-17 is used in dangerous situations. It is a gun that fires out a 9x19mm bullet. It is one of the most lethal weapons found in Karakura. When shot with the Glock-17, it starts a 10-minute bleed timer and a permanent KO timer until saved.
Luminol Spray
Luminol Spray is used on weapons like bats to find any dents or blood on it. It usually used when suspicious individuals are patted down are.
Vehicles
Two vehicles can be driven by officers. The bike and the car. They both move at high speeds and are used when an officer has to respond to a call that is a long distance away. The bike is a one-passenger vehicle, while the car can hold up to four people.

Why are the Police important to SchoolRP?
Police act as the peacemakers within the city. They make sure that the criminals don't get too out of hand. SRP would simply become a hellscape without the KPD. Police officers act as a sense of security for the citizens of Karakura while adding a sense of excitement for criminals.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I acknowledge that I am subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I acknowledge that by applying for this role, I agree to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held while you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I acknowledge that if training is held while I am online, I need to attend or I will be punished.

═══════════════════════••═══════════════════════

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

“The names Alan De Quincey, don’t overuse it.”

Character's age (if accepted):
“I’m twenty-six and still counting.”

Character's gender & pronouns:
“I’m male and use he/him pronouns.”

Character's Academic Background
“I achieved my Master's in Criminal Justice.”

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
“ I took the liberty to learn JSL. Felt like it’d be useful.”

Describe your character; how they look, and what makes them unique.
Alan De Quincey is an overall average-looking man. His dark brown hair would be swooped across his forehead in a side part. He would have light brown stubble across the bottom half of his face. Even though it would appear to be freshly grown, it would be trimmed accordingly to his face shape. He would stand at 6’1, which would be a staggering height compared to his Japanese counterparts. His general style of clothing was nothing but basic. He found no use in spending hard-earned money on things like fancy clothing. He often opted for sweatpants if at all possible.

Alan was born somewhere in the United Kingdom; his only proof would be the birth certificate that was left beside him as a baby. His general mood seemed as if it was made out of stone. He came off as standoffish, simply because he didn’t like to stand in the way of others’ success. And that same mindset carried over to his own work. Once his attention had been set on something he’d make sure that it was done to its fullest. He didn’t like to waste his time on pointless distractions, and he eventually built himself to be the ideal worker.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Alan can be described as a worker drone. At work and even out in public he follows different laws and procedures to a tee. In a professional setting, Alan is more inclined to be quiet. Given the place where he grew up, it's only to be expected. He likes to believe that he is a well-mannered guy, having a serious outlook on life. He doesn’t bother to make meaningless chit-chat or stray off task. Just because Alan is a stickler for the rules doesn’t mean that he is some humdrum guy. Outside of work, he enjoys reading. The library was one of the first things he noticed in his adoptive mother's home. He would spend most of his time in his own library, wasting the day away reading whatever he can.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
"I personally that co-workers are great to have, They are resourceful, and they usually make a team more balanced." - "Though, I admit that I am not great with teamwork. I am willing to work on a team, because it improves efficiency, but I am used to working alone on things." - "I make efforts to improve this defeat of mine, but I admit that it's hard."

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
"First things first, I am not afraid to be in the position of a follower. I truly believe that being a great leader is being a follower!" - "Though, I see myself as leader." - "I feel as if being a leader fits my personality traits more. I am a pretty dedicated man, and I see my goals all the through until the end." - "The only problem is that I hate being put into vulnerable situations. As said before, I don't enjoy being on a team." - "I guess that's because if we make a mistake, then it feels like its my fault."

BACKSTORY

"My backstory? Well that's an interesting question."

The group of caretakers crowded around the small carrier. The carrier held an infant, swaddled in a large rag. The baby appeared to be very calm, returning the stares that were given to him. He was as quiet as a mouse. His newborn eyes attempted to keep up with the movements of the caretakers. Rather confused, one of the caretakers knelt, picking the baby up. Underneath the baby sat a birth certificate. It read 'Alan De Quincey, born at 17:00, 14th December 1997.' They carried him inside the group home. The home was located inside a small slum in the county of Yorkshire.

Alan was forced to learn at a young age that he had no place in the world. He was ruthlessly bullied in secret by the older kids, and he was labelled an outcast. Reports of the bullying reached the caretakers, but they hadn't realized the severity of this harassment. Even before his teenage years, Alan knew the struggle of not fitting in. He didn't understand why. Unfortunately, this bullying shaped him to be a very quiet child. It wasn't until the age of 12 that Alan realized there was a world outside of the gates that surrounded the home. He sat on the small playground, playing in the dirt because it was all he had access to. Alan watched as the gates opened, allowing a small van to enter the property. He saw men in black suits exit the van and they entered the home. The home was being shut down, and the kids were all going to 'respectable and safe' homes. The young Alan sat quietly inside the van. This had been his first time leaving the slums ever. He watched as all of his fellow orphans got out of the car, entering homes within the city. The houses weren't too big or too small. Alan thought nothing of it. Once Alan was the last child in the van, it became very quiet. This sort of quiet was something that he was used to. Alan can remember first arriving at the house that he would be living in. His initial thought was that he was going to be living in another group home. 'Just my luck' he thought to himself. Alan couldn't have been more wrong. Alan exited the van. This scene was familiar to some. He stood at the doorstep of the large home. He rang the doorbell. A few short seconds passed. Alan held his single bag in his hand, gripping the straps tight. He looked down towards his feet. The ragged shoes that he wore were hand-me-downs. The door opened. To his surprise, he saw an older woman. She appeared to be in her late forties. The frozen Alan stood still, his already tight grip growing even tighter. She welcomed him almost instantly, ushering him into the house. Alan glanced around, taking in the sight of the hall that was three times the size of his old bedroom. The woman introduced herself as Alice and explained that she was now his adoptive mother.

Alan and Alice discovered that they shared many similar interests, with Alan being interested in Alice's library. His initial impression was that it must contain over a million books, leaving him impressed. This new lifestyle he had been placed into was nothing like his previous one, and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Alan eventually began attending high school and quickly discovered that he excelled compared to many of his peers. It came effortlessly to him, almost like a breeze. However, when it came to deciding what he wanted to study after high school, he had absolutely no clue. The only thing he was sure about was his desire to study abroad. His chosen destination was Japan, and Alice supported his decision. Ultimately, Alan followed his dream of becoming a detective.

He relocated to Karakura, Japan, and enrolled in the local community college. He obtained a Bachelor's degree in psychology and pursued a Master's degree in Criminal Justice to further his expertise. Now, he finds himself applying to the Karakura Police Department.

═══════════════════════••═══════════════════════

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

Owning and carrying a pocket knife in Karakura is illegal, making it a crime. It is considered a weapon.

“A pocket knife? Of course you can’t own it legally.” - “Though, a criminal still finds a way around that law.”

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Medical items that do not require a prescription are available for purchase by anyone. These items, like other products offered by Happy Pills, have a maximum purchase limit and should be obtained and used responsibly.

Medical Items
Description
Bandages
Cost around ¥1,000, with a maximum purchase limit of two. They are standard adhesive bandages that stick over minor cuts and other types of injuries.
Eyepatches
Eyepatches cost ¥5,000. It has a maximum purchase limit of two. Eyepatches are white bandages that roll around eye injuries. They can be purchased by anyone.
Wooden Canes
Wooden Canes cost around ¥7,000, with a maximum purchase limit of two. It is a walking device. It can be bought by anyone.
Cough Syrup
Cough Syrup cost ¥6,000. It has a maximum purchase limit of two. Cough Syrup is used for minor colds, allergies, and other types of respiratory illnesses. It can be bought by anyone.
Paracetamol
It cost ¥1,500, and has a maximum purchase limit of three. Paracetamol is a drug that uses for minor pain relief. It is the lowest tier of pain medicine that the hospital holds, and it can be bought by anyone.
“Easily accessible health care items for the sick and the people in need. What's not to love about that? Items like bandages, eyepatches, wooden canes, cough syrup, and paracetamol are examples of these items.”

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
Alan would approach the scene, taking in all the necessary information. Once he figures out that the co-worker is being unnecessarily violent, he would step in. He would radio for backup, unholstering his taser just in case it is needed. He would first try to use his words to break them up, and if that doesn't work, he would apprehend his co-worker, placing them into another cell.

“What? I’d be staggered if I caught someone hurting an inmate. Even though the inmate is a criminal, abusing them will not be tolerated. I would first radio for assistance, preferably from an on-duty officer along with EMS. I would then step in, removing them both from the situation. I would then detain the other officer, cuffing them.”

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
Alan would intervene instantly. He would separate the assaulter from his co-worker. After that, he would inform his co-worker to radio for backup. If his co-worker wasn’t able to do so, he would do it himself.

“Attacking one of my fellow officers? Absolutely not.” - “I would handle the situation like I would handle another fistfight. Assess the situation, separate the culprit, and finally detain the culprit.”

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
Alan would gather a sufficient amount of evidence against the corrupt officer and the criminal organizations. He would then report the officer to the most trusted higher-up. After that, everything would be out of his hands.

“What a miserable officer. No one should ever outsource to crime. If I ever got word of someone doing so, their career would be over.”

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
Alan would turn down their bribe, and fine them. He would then report them to a higher-up.

“I don’t enjoy someone interrupting my life or work. Attempting to bribe me is a direct way to do so. I would instantly fine the criminal, and report the bribery to a trusted higher-up.”

╚══════════════════════••══════════════════════╝

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETENCE
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

DETAIL
-
Although we don't deny your will to join the faction, detail is a great
way to show off your interest. Therefore, we recommend spending more
time to try and re-elaborate your application so that it shows off you're
truly engaged in trying to join us!

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES