mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Language Classes / Ability to learn language icly without having to apply.

craigorey

Level 6
craigorey
craigorey
Notable
IGN: gorefetish
DATE:
10/17/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
SRP should try to add a new class for Language. More common ones like Spanish, French, German, Russian! (Other languages could still be applied for that are not on this list.)

For example, Language teachers could maybe give a student a certain percent of language they've learned. EX: If a student were to attend SPANISH class, they could recieve 5% spanish as an language, and be able to understand some words if someone were to speak it. (5% is given out for each language class attended.) The teachers command could possibly be /SpanishL 5 [username], and 100% would be you fully.. you know, knowing how to speak spanish with the /lang command.

This would also add a new system into SRP, that is like attributes. It would label different languages that someone can learn, and maybe have a part/section for languages that you have to apply for.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This would give people the ability to IN CHARACTER Learn languages, instead of already knowing certain languages already. I've had situations where my oc's needed to learn a certain language, but couldn't since I'd have to have a reason to make them know it already, instead of roleplaying it out in a class. This would also add more teacher slots, and make people attend those certain classes more to also further get their attended classes number up!

This would give players a new way to gain more roleplay experience, and would be fun for teachers to teach. This would also let staff not have to review as many applications as they do normally for languages in general.

This is just an idea, nothing more! If it inspires anything I am happy to help :Sob:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
-1 As Nylu said this was recently suggested and denied, there's no real way to "teach" someone a language with Minecraft's restraints, I think there may be something in the works for the whole language % thing on the trello, but I'm not too sure,

craigorey

Level 6
craigorey
craigorey
Notable

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
Sounds like an interesting idea for sure. Though personally I got to give this a -1 for the time being do to the following reasons;
- A lack of detail and explanation on how this could work, how it would be beneficial to School Roleplay.
- Recently denied like @Nylu pointed out for us.
- Finally, If this were to work it would likely be another stat system, which if they could still apply for it, it'll just bypass that entirely.

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+

This has already been suggested and denied, just like what Nylu said.

Additionally, applying for a language on the website is simpler.

Users who are viewing this thread