mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Leave tips

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Im trying to learn how to draw, digital by the way... if you know how to draw, leaving a few pointers would be awesome sauce. Also feel free to drop some names of applications where you do your art!

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
1. Use free drawing softwares when first starting out to get used to how interfaces are set up and exploring brushes before buying other softwares that you may like

2. Don’t compare your work in the beginning. The more you compare your work the more likely you are to get sad about how much of an experience difference there is (still learning this)

3. there’s a difference between copying/tracing someone’s work and taking inspiration from it.

4. Use ALL tools provided by the program. If you’re struggling to get that perfect line or perfect circle that you feel you truly need, the program definitely has it so don’t worry about whether or not it’s okay to use it. People care about the final result not the process (unless it’s ofc stolen art work)

5. Definitely look up tutorial and reference pictures whenever you struggle with something. I always want to do everything on my own with these important thing but eventually give into it. It’s important to see how others with lots of experience form their art, use certain brushes, and definitely learn their techniques with certain things because it will help you to discover your art style.

6. If the program doesn’t auto save, make sure to manually save your work after doing a good 30 minutes to an hour of work. You never know if the program may die on you or something else.

7. If you’re working with multiple layers, either rename them or lock them after finishing whatever you were working on in that specific layer. Just so that you don’t get confused and mistakenly use the wrong layer.

8. Whatever you draw is beautiful and is one of kind. I love your art work no matter what. If you feel like something is wrong go into art channel and ask for tips and how to change certain parts etc. the art community is very kind and will definitely give advice if asked for it :>

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
1. Use free drawing softwares when first starting out to get used to how interfaces are set up and exploring brushes before buying other softwares that you may like

2. Don’t compare your work in the beginning. The more you compare your work the more likely you are to get sad about how much of an experience difference there is (still learning this)

3. there’s a difference between copying/tracing someone’s work and taking inspiration from it.

4. Use ALL tools provided by the program. If you’re struggling to get that perfect line or perfect circle that you feel you truly need, the program definitely has it so don’t worry about whether or not it’s okay to use it. People care about the final result not the process (unless it’s ofc stolen art work)

5. Definitely look up tutorial and reference pictures whenever you struggle with something. I always want to do everything on my own with these important thing but eventually give into it. It’s important to see how others with lots of experience form their art, use certain brushes, and definitely learn their techniques with certain things because it will help you to discover your art style.

6. If the program doesn’t auto save, make sure to manually save your work after doing a good 30 minutes to an hour of work. You never know if the program may die on you or something else.

7. If you’re working with multiple layers, either rename them or lock them after finishing whatever you were working on in that specific layer. Just so that you don’t get confused and mistakenly use the wrong layer.

8. Whatever you draw is beautiful and is one of kind. I love your art work no matter what. If you feel like something is wrong go into art channel and ask for tips and how to change certain parts etc. the art community is very kind and will definitely give advice if asked for it :>
THANK YOU FOR THIS!! Will 100% keep this in mind, I hope your pillow is cold when you go to bed tonight!! :floating_heart: And if I do need more help ill be sure to go to the discord :))

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
THANK YOU FOR THIS!! Will 100% keep this in mind, I hope your pillow is cold when you go to bed tonight!! :floating_heart: And if I do need more help ill be sure to go to the discord :))
Thank you for your cold pillow prayers :D I also wish you good luck. Art is definitely a journey so there will be ups and downs

One other piece of advice:
Art blocks are common. The best way to get around them is watching other people do amazing art to possibly get inspired enough to want to do something again. Or taking that break and cooling off as art can become stressful sometimes uwu

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Thank you for your cold pillow prayers :D I also wish you good luck. Art is definitely a journey so there will be ups and downs

One other piece of advice:
Art blocks are common. The best way to get around them is watching other people do amazing art to possibly get inspired enough to want to do something again. Or taking that break and cooling off as art can become stressful sometimes uwu
Got it, and thank you again!!

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
I’m just getting into it myself, but what helps me a lot is studying my paper sketches and attempting to redraw old paper art digital! It’s definitely helped me get used to it.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
I’m just getting into it myself, but what helps me a lot is studying my paper sketches and attempting to redraw old paper art digital! It’s definitely helped me get used to it.
:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread