What is your Minecraft username?:
BabaMurakami

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Baba#4743

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
Pacific Standard Time

Describe your activity on the server:
I would like to describe my activity as a very active member in Karakura. So far, I have logged onto the server everyday whenever I have the time or whenever my fiancé is on to do her job in Karakura Academy. I've gone through the process of high school, attending classes, socializing and even found a place where me and my fiancé can stay after our day in the Academy.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Yes, for using a VPN. I've experienced some connection issues in the server for quite some time so I've attempted to join with a VPN to see if I would have a better connection. I've realized my mistake and properly read the rules of the server and the situation is now resolved.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge the fact that I will be demoted if inactive

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Librarians are responsible for organizing and managing library resources, such as handling the books provided and keeping check on the students that use the library's supplies. Another role of a librarian is to provide access to information and resources for students, which may involve helping them locate research materials, providing assistance, and offering instruction on how to use library resources. Librarians also play a key role in organizing and maintaining the library's collection. Overall, librarians are dedicated to helping people access the information and resources they need to learn.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I wouldn't say I am an expert, But I've had some experience in roleplaying. They're usually done with scripts and set ups so having a 'on the spot' roleplaying is quite new for me. It sounds really interesting just thinking about it and I've been in the server long enough to understand the basics of Karakura's roleplay system.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
I felt like I've accomplished what I needed to know as a student of KHS. I've made friends and even attended some engaging classes from our teachers. As an adult myself, I would love a new roleplay experience that would best suit my style.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Grade-12

────────────

1671182294703.png

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Murakami would remain calm and try to defuse the situation in a professional manner. He would take a deep breath, speak calmly and assertively, and remind the person that their behavior is inappropriate, and that cursing at someone is not an acceptable way to communicate. Murakami would let them know that he understands that they're upset, but using profanity is not okay and to speak in a respectful manner. He would proceed to ask the student why or what made them act that way. If the situation continues to escalate, he would come to the conclusion that it may be necessary to involve a supervisor or other authority figure to help resolve the issue.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Murakami would react quickly and appropriately in order to address the situation and ensure the safety of everyone involved. His first step would be to intervene and try to separate the students, if it is safe to do so. He would either step between the students without any physicality or use verbal commands to try to deescalate the situation. If the situation escalates and becomes too difficult to handle for him, he would call for help from his fellow colleagues and/or higher-ups. If student spectators are present, he would tell them to leave the premises and to not interfere with the situation. If all is calm afterwards, he would take them to the nurse's office for further investigation of the cause.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Murakami would intervene if it was safe to do so, in order to stop the dangerous or inappropriate behavior from continuing. He would then document the behavior and report it to a supervisor as soon as possible, in order to ensure that the appropriate authorities were aware of the situation and could take action to address it. Depending on the severity of the behavior and the potential risks involved, Murakami would also call for support from his colleagues. He would take a careful approach to addressing the inappropriate or dangerous behavior, in order to protect himself and others.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
When Murakami is in the breakroom, he would look for his fellow workmates to interact with. He'd like to sit down and have an opportunity to chat with his friends and enjoy his off-time. He'd love to unwind and get relaxed during this time and would have a little snack while doing so. Although relaxed, Murakami would still be ready for anything if ever needed.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
walked along the bookshelves, eyeing all the variety of unique books sitting on the neat and clean shelves. He smiles as he slowly walks down the aisle, enjoying the peace and quietness of the library. A bookshelf with unorganized and messy books catches his eye. He intently looks at the books and makes sure they are put back neatly and in perfect order, keeping the pristine condition of the library.

/me sits quietly behind the library's desk, looking around at the library. He sees the students sitting at the tables scattered across the room, enjoying the sight of the students having quiet time together with their friends and those who decided to have their own alone time. He smiles at the fact that the students can enjoy themselves in the environment of the library. Murakami looks down at his desk and picks up a book and flips through it.

/me showed a friendly smile on his face as the student asked about the location of certain books. "I'll gladly show you where they are! Follow me, I know exactly what you're looking for." He swiftly got out of his seat and walked to the location, making sure that the student was following and that he isn't going to fast for them. Murakami showed them the aisle in which the selection was present in. "The selection of books you were looking for is right here! Let me know if you need anything else and I'll gladly help. Enjoy!"

────────────

1671182491175.png

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only): Murakami Makoto
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name: Murakami

Age (Minimum is 25): 28
Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Married

Academic Degree: Fine Arts Degree
Year of Graduation: 2020
Major(s): Art Major
Minors: Art Minor

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan
Native Languages: English
Other Languages: N/A

Backstory
Murakami Makoto was born and lived in California for most of his lifetime. Murakami had always enjoyed art and drawing and decided to make a hobby out of it. He was never really an outside person in his younger days, leading him to spend most of his time inside of his home. Whether it was drawing or playing video games, he always enjoyed his time alone, although that didn't mean that he wanted to always be by himself. He had met some friends along the way while going to school and growing up in California. He was a very quiet person, but still loved to be friendly to those around him. As time went by, his friendships had grown and so had Murakami. He had matured and started to gaze upon his future. He had always dreamed about going to Japan and finally decided to study Fine arts abroad in a location called Karakura. He found himself an apartment and attended KHS. As he studied there as a student, he met a girl online through one of his games who would soon become his lover. After spending time with her online for a long time, his lover decided to move to Karakura and meet Murakami. After holding it in for so long, he decided to propose to her as soon as she arrived and strived to live a happy life in Karakura. They had both gotten a larger apartment together to enjoy their time in Karakura to the fullest. His lover was introduced to KHS and she showed lots of positivity and enjoyment to the school. She then decided to take the offer of an open job and was accepted. Seeing her so joyful about it, Murakami decided to join her and applied for an open spot of being a librarian, as that matched his personality well and thought that it would be the best position that would suit him.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
Aside from helping my fiancé and my fellow collogues monitoring students, KHS is the heart of Karakura. It is where students come and enjoy their time with friends and learn more about our town. I wish to make KHS a safer place for all students and visitors as well as welcoming new ones who wish to study in our school. A Librarian may not stand out compared to other faculty positions, but a Library is where students seek silence and comfort to clear their mind. To me, seeing the students relax and enjoy their time in KHS is already the best motivation I could ask for.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I believe in my abilities to stay calm even when situations tend to be difficult. I understand how students can be complicated at times but I still enjoy my time assisting them with whatever they needed. I am a kind and gentle person and do not act based on emotions. Everyone is treated with care and respect and I believe students will be comfortable around me. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses but I'm sure when it comes to the safety of our students, we will always try our very best.

────────────

1671183186532.png

Extra
Thank you for taking the time to read over my application! I look forward to the results and see what you think about it.

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

N/A but will ask any if needed!​

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Librarian! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread