What is your Minecraft username?:
VentiRP

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
baa#1016

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
Eastern Standard Time

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m usually on every single day unless I’m taking a break. I tend to stay on for hours at a time (at least 4-5, at most 8-11), though it depends on whether I’m actively doing something/if my friends are on. Either way, I’m on for a decent amount, I’d say.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
I was banned early-mid 2021(?) for ERP. Without thinking, I was testing something that wasn’t allowed, resulting in a 14-day ban. The ban was on my main account. I’ve long since learned from this & have kept my record clean since I’ve returned.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I know that being inactive can/will result in demotion.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A school librarian provides information services and resources not only for students but for teachers & staff if requested. They’re responsible for the maintenance & organization of the books, keeping tabs on when they’re checked in & checked out. One of the ways they do this is through library cards! Students must purchase one (for 2,000 yen) from the librarian(s) to check out a book. It helps the librarian see who took a book & when the return date is. Receiving & giving books is just one part of it, though. If a student requests it, a librarian can suggest books based on what the student is searching for or interested in reading. They can help them locate certain books as well. In addition, students can turn in books they’ve written, to which the librarian would hand them a reward token(s). In addition to keeping the books organized, a librarian is to make sure the library, in general, is tidy & clean up any messes created.

Like most faculty, librarians ensure students aren’t misbehaving or being too loud. If they are, the librarian can give them a warning, detention if it continues & take it to SLT if they exceed even that. The library is a relaxing & quiet space for students to study, complete assignments, or simply read. The librarian(s) is to keep it that way to the best of their ability.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve been playing SRP since the summer of 2019, I believe. I wasn’t good at roleplaying when I first joined due to being too anxious to interact with others. However, after making friends, I got into the groove of things. The more people I met, the more interactions I had, & the better I got at roleplaying & building my characters. I’d say how I roleplay now is much better than what it used to be & I love being able to detail & create lore. I’m experienced with most forms of roleplay, including romance, combat, lore-based, etc. I’ve even planned out lots of lore scenes for my & my friends’ characters.

Outside of SRP, I was (& still sort of am) a Wattpad lover. My love for roleplay grew on that app & I was always creating multitudes of characters with lots of lore. I would roleplay with others on there & the amount of detail involved made it so fun & exciting. In addition, I played on a Minecraft Pocket Edition roleplay server back in 2016-2017, so I’ve been doing this for quite some time now.

Aside from this, however, I love roleplay-based games like Final Fantasy, Wizard 101, & even Animal Jam back when I still played it.

Why do you want to join the School Employee Faction?:
I've always roleplayed as a student, as the idea of joining the school faction was pretty intimidating. More-so because I wasn't really friends with anyone who was in it. However, three of my friends were/are a part of the faction & I got to observe what their experience(s) were like. One of them is still in it while the other reapplied to get back in & seeing their motivation & dedication to the roleplay & accurately doing their job has motivated me to give it a try. This would be a new type of roleplay experience for me that I've always wanted to try but was too anxious to do so. I won't say that anxiety has gone away, but knowing I'll have two people I actually know alongside me is enough to make me push through.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-language-oliver-ollie-kuàng.49502/ [DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-language-updated-oliver-ollie-kuàng.49552/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/latin-language-clementine-a-cordelia.50164/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mandarin-language-yutsuetsi-yu-hanazono.52889/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/Kobato-anja-magnhild-norwegian.53337/ [ACCEPTED]

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
(Main) DumplingRP | Grade 12
(Alt) VentiRP | Grade 7

Situations

During a work shift, a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic. How does your character react?:

Kobato would simply smile at the student, shaking her head — out of disbelief or amusement? Who knows! She’d take slow steps toward the student, allowing them to release whatever tension had built up within their chest. After they finished, she’d lead them somewhere they could sit down as she handed them some water. She’d offer to listen to their concerns or frustrations, allowing them to vent & get everything off of their chest. Kobato would ask what she could do to help & end the conversation with a warning; Try not to take out your frustrations on your peers & find someone you trust to speak to about it.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Kobato would shout to them to break it up but wouldn’t rush to separate the students — that would be too risky. Instead, she would alert other faculty members via the radio, asking for backup at her location as soon as possible. If things started going too far before help arrived, she’d attempt to separate them, placing herself between them. Wearing a faint scowl — like a disappointed mother — she spoke in a firm tone for them to stay away from each other. Once another faculty member arrived, she would offer to talk to one of the students while the faculty member addressed the other.

Kobato would question the student, asking why they were fighting, what led to said fight & why they chose to resort to violence to resolve their issue(s). After the fact, she would give the student (assuming the other faculty gave the other one their punishment) a warning & detention. She’d walk them to the nurse’s office to ensure they held no injuries — or if they did, the nurse could treat them.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job. How does your character react?:
Kobato’s approach here was a little different than usual. The smile that graced her lips became very unsettling; Behaving unprofessionally? Oh, dear — she couldn’t turn a blind eye to something like this.

Approaching the employee, Kobato would request their presence, taking them to an area they could converse without being interrupted. Then her line of questioning would begin. Why were they behaving in such a manner? What led to them making this decision? What were their intentions?

Either way, Kobato wouldn’t hesitate to correct them. She’d give them a simple warning — a chance for redemption. However, should they ignore this warning, she’ll have no problem scheduling a meeting with SLT concerning this employee’s behavior.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Kobato would usually bring coffee or snacks for the other employees during break time, happily asking them how their day had been so far. If some haven’t been doing well, she’ll attempt to comfort them or offer to do anything that may brighten their moods a bit.

However, on days when the young woman would appear off, she’d keep to herself. She’ll still greet them & hand them coffee or snacks, but that would be it. She’ll either stare out the window, listen to music on her phone, or read a book until it’s time to return to work.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character while in your chosen role:

/me perked up at the familiar bell ring, sitting up straight in her chair. Kobato wore her usual smile, wishing every student & employee who passed through the library a good morning & day. She’d tune into the radio to say hello to everyone else, sipping her freshly brewed coffee.

/me nodded her head, focused on the student speaking to her. “You want to know where the history books are? Sure thing! Follow me.” Kobato exited her station, gesturing for the student to follow suit. She walked to where books concerning history were, glancing at the student with a gentle smile. “Here you are. If you need any additional help, don’t hesitate to ask!” & with that, she returned to her place behind the station.

/me decided to walk through the library before heading home. Kobato checked the desks, the chairs, the shelves, the couches — everything, looking for any sign of a mess. She noticed some trash scattered across a table, & carefully scooped it up to dispose of it. Then, the woman sprayed the table with a cleaning product & thoroughly wiped it down. She moved to check the bookshelves, making sure the books were in their correct spots & restocked accordingly. Seeing that they were, she grabbed her belongings & headed out.

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):
Kobato Magnhild
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Preferred Name: Miss Magnhild, Kobato

Age (Minimum is 25): 26
Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Widowed

Academic Degree: Masters
Year of Graduation: 2019
Major(s): Library Science, Music Performance
Minors: Creative Writing, Clinical Psychology

Nationality: Norwegian
Known Languages: Norwegian, JSL, Japanese

Backstory

The Beginning
On September 25th, 1996, a beautiful baby girl was born into a wealthy Norwegian family at Oslo University Hospital. The mother, Lisa Bjørg Magnhild, decided to give the baby her mother’s maiden name: Kobato, while the father, Uyeda Magnhild, had given her his middle name: Anja. Both parents gazed down at their newborn, soft smiles present as they uttered the same greeting: “Welcome to the family, Kobato Anja Magnhild.”

Kobato was the third oldest of six siblings & held to high standards like the older two. While it seemed like a lot of pressure was on her shoulders — especially at such a young age — she did relatively well! Any weight was a motivator to do better — to be better. However, it led to a lot of burn-out & made it difficult for her to relax & bond with others. Thankfully, this struggle didn’t go unnoticed by the oldest sibling, her brother. He shared tips on how she could balance her studies while also maintaining a social life.

It took Kobato a while to succeed in using these tips, but by the time she reached middle school, she was doing well. She gained a small friend group consisting of 4-5 people, & made a name for herself for being clumsy. It was laughable, as no one would’ve expected that from her. Clumsiness aside, Kobato was known to be a major bookworm. It wasn’t entirely surprising, as she did study a lot, but it led into her high school years too. Kobato spent her free time in the library & occasionally with her siblings that attended the same school.

After graduating high school, Kobato went to college to major in Library Science & Music Performance while picking Creative Writing & Clinical Psychology as her minors.

Pre-Karakura
Kobato found her first job when she was around 20 years old. She often passed by a small daycare when taking trips to the shopping district. One morning during one of the said trips, she ran into a young boy that appeared to be lost. She asked him what was wrong, to which he said he couldn’t remember his way to the daycare. She offered to walk him there, to which he agreed and told her the name of it. On the way there, she asked him why he was walking alone & not with his mother, to which he said she was too busy to take him herself. She didn’t pry any further, & eventually, they arrived at the daycare. She met the two adults in charge, a kind woman named Yuzuriha Fuma (30y) & a standoffish man named Seiichiro Kusanagi (23y). Miss Fuma thanked her for dropping the boy off, whereas Seiichiro was wary. Kobato asked if it was just them taking care of the children, & the woman said yes while the man questioned her curiosity. Seeing as she wanted something else to do during the day, she offered to work at the daycare for free. Yuzuriha was ecstatic, ready to accept this young lady into their workspace. Seiichiro, on the other hand, was apprehensive about this, telling Miss Fuma to rethink her decision carefully. The woman understood his concern but said she felt good about this decision. A decision done & made, & after a successful interview, Kobato became a part of the daycare.

Kobato got along well with the children, who all adored her. They found her clumsiness humorous & teased her about it, but it was all lighthearted. She often read to them & played games with them, & would help keep things neat & tidy. She & Miss Fuma formed a sister-like relationship with one another, but things with Seiichiro were rather complicated. He remained skeptical of Kobato, & usually mocked her clumsiness. To him, she was childish & naive. Whereas Kobato saw him as a grumpy, anti-social man, & wasn’t afraid to bite back if he got beneath her skin. Truthfully, if not for Yuzuriha, they would’ve gone their separate ways.

Over time, Seiichiro saw how Kobato’s kindness wasn’t conditional, nor was she there for personal gain. It became clear when he overheard Miss Fuma persuading Kobato to accept payment for her work. At that moment, he decided to try to be less rude to her & give her a chance. The two of them would soon bond over their love for music, Seiichiro with the piano & Kobato with singing. Funnily enough, the children at the daycare would beg them to perform for them, which they’d ultimately agree to do.

Neither of them expected to fall in love with the other, but they did. They ended up dating after 3-4 months of knowing each other, later getting married after two years of being together. By that point, Kobato was 23 & Seiichiro was 25. A funny little note: While Seiichiro was going to propose first, Kobato beat him to it.

Loss
Kobato & Seiichiro were happy being married. They both continued their work at the daycare, which eventually expanded & grew in both size & people/kids. They extended the size of the library, which Kobato was in charge of maintaining. She became their librarian, & was the only one for the time being, which she didn’t mind. She wanted to buy little toys & stuffed animals to place around the library to make it more entertaining for the kids. So, she invited her husband with her to go shopping! He & Miss Fuma greatly appreciated her dedication to the role & keeping it tidy.

Unfortunately, about a year later, a tragedy befell the married couple. Seiichiro often woke up earlier than Kobato, as he liked to get to work before anyone else. He did this to ensure everything was clean & items were where they should be. His wife knew of this, so waking up to him absent wasn’t unusual. So, she roused herself from her slumber, slipping out of bed to prepare for the day. Something she realized but paid little attention to was that Seiichiro hadn’t texted her that he was at the daycare like he usually did. She assumed he probably got sidetracked & forgot, which admittedly was a little odd. But things happen, right? Little did she know that the phone call she’d receive 30 minutes later would break her in every way.

She had just gotten out of the shower & gotten dressed when she noticed she had almost 16 missed phone calls from Yuzuriha. Already, anxiety was beginning to settle in her stomach. She called the woman back, who answered immediately. Kobato instantly knew something was wrong due to the other woman’s inability to speak. She told her to take a few deep breaths before talking, which she did. Miss Fuma told Kobato that something awful had happened at the daycare, & that she needed to come there immediately. When asked why, all she could say was that it involved her husband, Seiichiro. The librarian’s mind began racing, & she wasted no time rushing out of the house & to the daycare.

Kobato arrived at a gruesome sight that nearly made her vomit right then & there. Laying on the ground in front of the entrance to the building was Seiichiro’s motionless body, surrounded by a large pool of blood — his blood. So many questions were running through her mind. What happened? Who could’ve done this? But most importantly, why?

Yuzuriha noticed Kobato had arrived, quickly rushing over to her. Apologies left her lips like a waterfall as she embraced the stunned woman tightly. There was nothing more she could say to make this better. To make the truth easier to handle.

Seiichiro Kusanagi had been murdered.

A Moment to Breathe: Hello, Karakura
Kotaro Hitobashira was a man Seiichiro spoke of frequently. He told Kobato that the two had been friends since high school. She had never met him, as the man lived far away. According to Seiichiro, he even had a family now. Kotaro meant a lot to him, despite not being the best at showing it. He promised to introduce Kobato to him one day. After all, there was something he needed to give to the man at some point.

After Seiichiro’s death, Kobato asked Yuzuriha if she knew how to contact Kotaro. She said she didn’t, unfortunately, but Kobato thanked her regardless. When reorganizing her now-deceased husband’s belongings, she went on his laptop to see if she could find Mr. Hitobashira’s contact anywhere. She found & contacted him by email, as that was the primary way he & Seiichiro seemed to communicate. She made sure to include that it wasn’t her husband speaking, but his wife. She didn’t get a reply until five hours later, & it was past evening by then. The two shared their condolences, & Kobato told him that Seiichiro mentioned having something he wanted to give to him. Kotaro offered to retrieve it himself, but the woman said she preferred to go to him. She needed a change of pace — a way out of her mind. She booked a flight to Japan for the following week, & spent the current week packing her things. Of course, she promised to stay in contact with Miss Fuma, who wished her nothing but the best.

So, the now 26-year-old woman moved to where one of her deceased husband’s close friends, one of the remaining fragments of him, lived: Karakura.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
Honestly, I wasn’t sure if I’d ever be ready to return to being a librarian after certain events in my life. However, I loved working in a library & helping children. It took a while for me to realize this, but I can’t allow past events to prevent me from pursuing my dream.

After speaking with a man named Kotaro Hitobashira, who used to work at Karakura High, I’ve decided I want a chance to continue doing the job I previously adored. I’ve been told wonderful things about this school, & want to make an impact on & help the students who attend it. I’m sure there’s a lot I can learn from working here as well, as I didn’t have many coworkers previously.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
Before I moved to Karakura, I worked at a daycare in Norway for five years. I did various things such as reading stories to the children, keeping the rooms clean & tidy, organizing the books in the library, & so on. If any of the kids wanted a specific book, I’d never hesitate to retrieve it for them.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I don’t believe I should be chosen over anyone, as I’m sure many other applicants have put just as much effort into their applications. However, as a former librarian, I believe I have the experience and qualifications for this job! I’ve interacted with children of various temperaments & issues, & have learned to remain calm during difficult situations in which they’re involved. I have a high level of patience & am good at listening, which are vital skills to have in any work environment, especially involving little kids, teenagers, & even college students.

I know what it’s like to struggle with studies, pressure to always get good grades, homework, & so on. I wish to use my experience to help them get through their struggles — to be the guidance that my eldest brother was to me when I needed it most. I will do my utmost best to ensure the library stays a safe & quiet space for the students to sit in when they need to complete their work, study, or just take a break. I want to see these kids succeed, achieve their goals & be happy with what they’ve accomplished.

Keeping things organized & clean has always been one of my specialties as well! I would utilize my time before school starts & once it ends by cleaning up any messes, putting away books that were left out, restocking the shelves if necessary, & reorganize the books if they’re out of place.

Of course, there is always room for improvement! I would love to experience the work environment here & learn from other faculty. That way I can continuously better myself & improve at what I do.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
N/A
Do you have any questions?: I don’t, no. However, if I do, I’ll be sure to ask!

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Librarian! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread