OOC

-> What is your Minecraft username?:

KrisRP
[This is an alt account of mine, my main is AsheRP_]

-> Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
My current discord tag is Cinnamon#3346

-> How old are you? (Optional):

-> What is your time zone?:
AEST / Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10)

-> Describe your activity on the server:
Currently I’m pretty active on the server as I have quite a lot of spare time, spending almost every day online for anywhere between 2->8 hours. I intend to stay active in the future however it will drop to a range from 2->4 hours a few times a week, due to outside commitments taking place after our (Australia’s) winter break.

-> Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
I have never been banned, nor do I intend to throughout my future time in the SRP community.

-> Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I understand completely as it will make room for more new dedicated employees to take the position in place of me.

-> School Employee Role you are applying for?:
I am applying for the School Employee Role of a Librarian.

-> In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
The role I am applying for, as a member of staff at Karakura High school and College, I have a strong duty of care over the students. I am there to help and support the students to the best of my ability and assist them when needed. My role entails that I help students out in the library, which includes handing students Library cards and helping them regarding some studies and most situations regarding books. But I also have to ensure that while inside school grounds, students are to feel safe and comfortable in their environment. I’m there to support both staff and students and be a representative staff member. I am to act in a mature manner at all times, being a role model for students and to be a helping hand when needed.

-> What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve been on the server for around 3, almost four years, my activity was pretty low during the first year however I found the server again and have been in the community ever since. Though before finding SRP, books were a huge part of my life, just being able to spend that time and be taken to so many different places by the words was amazing. I think that’s why I got so involved in roleplay, I often created stories and characters between my friends, and once discovering SRP it’s as if a new world had been opened up. I personally enjoy the character development side of role playing and interacting with others characters of which I often do. As soon as I found out that there were forums and college applications, I applied, later getting accepted and thus have spent the majority of my time roleplaying as one of Karakura’s college students.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
  • ACCEPTED | Account 1 (AsheRP_) French Application
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-french.29972/
  • ACCEPTED | Account 1 (AsheRP_) Old College Application
https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-application-yume-haruko.29706/
  • ACCEPTED | Account 1 (AsheRP_) JSL Application
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl.40595/
  • DENIED | Account 2 (KrisRP) French Application
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.43424/
  • ACCEPTED | Account 2 (KrisRP) French Application
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application-2-0.43445/

-> What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Currently I’m a College Bachelor’s student.

Situations

-> During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
For this scenario Nyla would first attempt to calmly question the heated student about any problems they may have with the way work is being carried out, to see if there are any easy solutions to the issue at hand. She’d check to see how much of a disruption this student is causing to any other students that may be in the library waiting to ask questions as well as warning the student that the language used is not appropriate for school grounds and should be stopped immediately. If there are others waiting she would ask the student to politely step to the side so she can carry out her duty for the other students, she could then talk to that student quietly afterwards. If the student has not calmed down nor ceased the behaviour they were given a first warning for she would then give them a firmer second warning, stating that their behaviour will result in a detention if they keep it up, and that it is not acceptable to be acting in such a way during school grounds. A third and final warning will be given along with the student being informed that if they continue they will be getting detention and that students of Karakura Highschool and College should behave more maturely as members of the community. Assuming that the behaviour continues despite the given warnings and attempts at reasoning, Nyla would finally give the student a detention for the closest available detention time.

-> You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
In the situation that two students would be fighting in the hallway, Nyla would first radio in backup at the designated place of the fight before approaching the two. When approaching, she would address the situation immediately, then telling the students to take 3 steps back from each other and move the participants outside to prevent causing any more harm indoors before speaking to them individually about how the situation occurred and how to solve it. Nyla would then issue both participants a detention for fighting on school grounds. In the event that the students do not stop when being asked to, she would result in giving them 3 separate warnings. If they then decided to continue after those 3 warnings she would call in any higher authority to come help deal with the situation at hand. After dealing with the situation she would create an incident report discussing what had happened and participants involved as well as any other information that is relevant and necessary to add to the report.

-> Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Firstly Nyla would confirm what exactly the school employee is doing, questioning them depending on the severity of the behaviour and to check whether a misunderstanding has occurred. If it is obvious that the employee is doing something incredibly dangerous she would then immediately go to higher authorities to report said actions or behaviour that is being carried out, allowing them to handle the situation further to avoid any aggression that may arise from any confrontation. However, if the action was not as severe Nyla would warn them about their behaviour, reprimanding them slightly for the fact that they should know better and that she’d be reporting them if it continued, however she would still inform a higher up so they were aware of the school employee’s decisions.

-> When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Nyla would first take a moment to relax in the breakroom, looking around at any of her fellow colleagues who may already be there. She would take this as an opportunity to ask any questions that may be bothering her regarding her job or any situations that may have occurred, discussing details and answering any questions she may be asked in the meantime. Overall Nyla would be extremely friendly to those around her, greeting anyone that may enter after her with a warm smile, enjoying the sense of community that this brought to her.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me She’d look around the library, spotting something on the floor from the corner of her eye. Nyla would walk over to the space, noticing that a book had fallen from one of the shelves, she’d pick it up checking the side for any identification. She'd pause for a moment, scanning the bookshelves around her for the different genres, she remembered this book had been popular as of recently so it wasn't too difficult for her to spot. Sliding the book back into its place she'd make a quiet little 'click' noise, chuckling to herself.

/me she'd turn her head towards one of the library entrances, waiting for any signs of students.. As if she had remembered something she sits up quickly fixing her posture, her eyes filled with determination, yet there was no one to be seen. She'd hum along to a tune as she waited, a bright smile immediately rushing to her face as a student walked through the doorway. She quietly tapped her hand on the table as she noticed that the student did not need her help just yet..

/me She'd poke her head out of the entrance to the library, checking if there were any last minute students. With no one to be seen she'd continue her stroll down the library rows, checking that everything was in order and that everything had been taken care of throughout the day. Nyla would glance occasionally out the window a small smile wiping over her face.. ‘oh how lucky she was to be here.’

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):

Nyla Edwards
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mrs
Preferred Name:
Nyla

Age (Minimum is 25):

Religious Denomination:
None
Marital Status:
Married

Academic Degree:
Bachelor’s degree of Arts.
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Information Management
English Literature
Minors:
Sociology, Education.

Nationality:
English
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan.
Native Languages:
English
Other Languages:
Japanese, French

Backstory
Nyla Evans was born in St Ives, a small seaside town in England, alongside her younger sister Faith Evans. She spent most of her childhood here, growing up within a close community of the town allowed her to focus on her studies and achieve pretty high marks for her family. She often stayed inside, taking a liking to quiet activities, making a few friends here and there. Nyla decided to start her career decision making early, deciding upon becoming a teacher so she could During her early high school years, she topped her classes scores, got awards, you name it. She was a pretty gifted kid and eventually got the opportunity to study abroad, since she would be taking her siblings along with her, she was able to choose a location they had always wanted to go, Japan, as a way to give back to her family.

Her time in Japan was fairly average, however Nyla began to face burnout, her grades started to drop, and she started to have second thoughts about becoming a high school teacher. She decided that taking a year to think about it may be the best decision for her, this is when she met Malcolm Edwards, one could say it was love at first sight for her. She fell head over heels for this man she had just met, even though they were said to be quite the opposite personality wise. He was more of the type to get himself in trouble whereas she was still extremely quiet, this is when Nyla had her first son, Cove Edwards. She pulled herself back together to care for her new son, juggling school and a relationship in the meantime.

After a few years she decided that she needed to focus on her studies, something that she had brought up within the family a few times, but that was the day she committed to it. She left a note and fled as far as she could from Karakura to finally start to rebuild her life, starting with her education. She finally decided to focus on getting herself a bachelor’s degree of arts, however she didn’t have a career path in mind just yet. After reminiscing through old photos she decided to move back to Karakura, in hopes to meet back up with her family after the many years without contact..

Moving back to Karakura, Nyla was able to reconnect with her past lover and son, rekindling her motherly tendencies. Eventually the two decided to get married, with Nyla taking Malcolm's last name, Edwards. She decided to take on an initiative of being in her son’s life by searching for a job nearby, thus sparking the idea of becoming a school librarian, so she could give back to the community in a way that now appealed to her and help others to be as fortunate as she has now become.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
My motivation for joining the Karakura School faculty is because as a mother and a parent, I believe that the faculty have such a strong influence over the children and the duty of care over them is so important. I have always had an interest in books. As a writer of a few books myself and a strong reader I believe books teach people so many important things and life lessons, our history as we know it revolves around books. It is a privilege for people to be able to have access to a library and especially students, they learn so much just from a few words and with their growing minds, they can learn amazing new career paths just from books. I want to be a part of their reading and learning journey by being a library worker and helping them as much as possible. My child has been taken care of so diligently by the school faculty. I adore what they do and am so grateful that he is being taken care of by such an amazing team. I wish to be a part of that team and help take care of and support students. These learning years are the start of a child's life long journey, they’re in a delicate state where the information they take in will be with them for life, so I believe it is important for students and faculty that the information that they take in be one that will help them for life. I believe I can provide many life lessons for the students and lead them to success in knowledge.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
Personally, I believe that I should be accepted over other applicants as I believe I will fit perfectly in with the Karakura Faculty and overall have a fantastic work ethic for this line of commitments. With reading and writing being one of my many passions I will be able to inspire and care for the students of Karakura Highschool and College, enhancing their experiences not only in the library but in the halls, and in our community. I strongly believe I can help lead students through the knowledge of books.

EXTRA

Additional notes about your application:

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Pending

- You have an amazing application! Unfortunately, we don't have any spots at the moment but whenever this changes I'll review this application again!
- If you ever decide to remove this application change the title to [REMOVE]

Any questions don't hesitate to DM me - mariav#6666

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Denied

Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position! Unfortunately, I'll be denying the application for the following reasons:
- You have a really good application but I'm concerned with your activity in the server;
- I've chosen to deny this application compared to the other applicants. Feel free to apply again at any time! If you have any questions, DM mariav#6666​

Users who are viewing this thread