mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Librarian Application - Tropper

OYOL

Level 12
What is your Minecraft username?:
Tropper (Main account)
Tropper_ (Alternative account) - Account I will use to apply with.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
My Discord is aua#4006. In the unlikely event that this changes, this thread will certainly be updated accordingly.

What is your time zone?:
GMT.

Describe your activity on the server:
Personally, I'd like to categorize myself as quite the active player in the server! I log on just about daily and usually play for 5 - 10 hours, therefore, I do believe that my appearance is quite frequent on SchoolRP, the server itself, even on weekdays! My activity may, and most likely will fluctuate due to me having work and college to attend. However, I certainly consider myself an extremely active Role-player.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
I have received one temporary ban for ERP. This occurred in my first day or two of my adventures within SchoolRP.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge this and full-heartedly agree with it.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
The role of a librarian would most likely be seen as a calm, and low-tempo occupation. Being a librarian can probably be quite challenging. They are required to manage the space; maintaining a quiet, and relaxing environment for learners. They are required to also manage the resources - the books mainly. Overall, the role of a librarian involves a combination of organisational, informational, and interpersonal skills, as well as a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and promoting literacy and learning.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I can confidently state that I have had my fair share of role playing Within SchoolRP, I have had various roles which can show my level of experience. For starters, here is a list of some examples;
  • Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
  • News Reporter
  • Police Officer
  • Previous gang affiliations
  • Volleyball Team
  • Janitor
All these roles and activities successfully show how my skills have been used in effect sufficiently. I would love to say that, I was not fired from any of the jobs listed and do not necessarily have a poor reputation in other factions. I will not go into full detail about each experience however, I have certainly had a lot of experience within SchoolRP.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:

In all honesty, constantly roleplaying as a student can become extremely tiring and can lead to an individual becoming unmotivated to play the game. I feel as though this has happened to me and would like an opportunity to improve and expand on my experience within SchoolRP and attempt to further grow my popularity and reputation in the server.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Ones without links are from a previous account which I do not have access to.
-
Black Market Dealer - Denied

Police Officer - Accepted (1)
Police Officer - Denied (2)
News Reporter - Accepted
Janitor - Accepted
Teacher - Accepted

Height - Accepted

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
The account I am using to apply with is currently Grade-8.

────────────

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Arthur would act like his usual self; dry, and blunt, not showing an ounce of care. He would simply tell the student to, quite frankly, grow up and stop acting so childish, especially around school faculty. If the behaviour is continued, an appropriate consequence may be put into action. This would most likely be a detention.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Arthur would attempt to defuse the situation as safely as possible without anyone else becoming harmed. If safe to do so, he would attempt to split up the students. If unsuccessful, he would call upon his higher-ups to tackle the situation. After the predicament has altered, he would investigate the situation appropriately and take any action necessary.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
If possible, Arthur would gain evidence of this inappropriate behaviour and would instantly report it to a higher-up who can take care of the behaviour. If safe to do so, he would attempt to prevent this behaviour himself, if no one else was available at that moment of time.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Around those of his age, Arthur's 'dry' and 'blunt' personality may enlighten slightly. He would take the opportunity to create friendships and bonds with his colleagues to improve his reputation amongst the faculty. He would remain calm, easing into conversation and making himself seem approachable and welcoming. He would take the time to relax and organise himself for the day that lies ahead.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me Arthur would take a seat, adjusting himself to a certain level of comfort - until he felt satisfied. He held his head in his arms and slightly sighed, looking aimlessly at the dust covered floor that laid beneath. (A student approached, asking about the whereabouts of a certain book). The male stood up, quite abruptly seeming he just adjusted himself accordingly. He said in a monotone voice: "The book you are looking for is this way. Follow me." They both ventured over to the shelves as he precisely located the book they were looking for. He'd continue, slightly more enthusiastically (which was probably due to his task now being completed): "Here it is, I hope you enjoy, young one." He looked at them, walking back to his seat.

/me Sniffled as he led his hands on the book which stood in front of him. He carefully examined the front cover and, quite aggressively, rotated it continuing to read the blurb. He rested the book down on his desk, acquiring his water bottle, taking a sip. He placed the lid back on, twisting it as tightly as he possibly could before flipping to the first page of his book. His eyes began to scan back and forth with a slight smile to his face.

/me He marched over to the student who seemed lost in their own thoughts. He questioned them and proceeded to handle the books that they had dropped, returning them to the shelf they came from. Arthur accepted the individuals apology as he dusted of every book individually, ensuring that they were completely clean and tidy; suitable for the next person to use.

────────────

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):

Arthur Tahra Volkonsky

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Preferred Name:
Arthur.

Age (Minimum is 25):

Religious Denomination:
N/A.

Marital Status:
Single.

Academic Degree:
Criminology degree.

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Criminology.

Minors:
Law.

Nationality:
British.

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan.

Native Languages:
English

Other Languages:
Swedish and French.

Backstory
Arthur Tahra Volkonsky was born and raised in the United Kingdom, Wales. Coming from the interior of a poor and abusive household, Arthur desperately needed help as soon as possible. He stayed in the United Kingdom, living with his mother and two sisters. His father passed away when he was extremely young from alcohol poisoning. His mother was not financially stable when looking after Arthur throughout his teenage years.

When Arthur was roughly 15, his two sisters became heavily involved in drugs and affiliated with a local gang. He attempted and tried his best to get them out of that lifestyle but came to no avail. He finally came to the decision that he needed to report the situation to his local Police Department. Arthur's two sisters were later arrested for the affiliation of the gang, possession and use of drugs. His mothers mental health became worse at this and Arthur felt at fault. He was guilty.

Around this age, Arthur became the father of Carmel Tahra. At the age of 19, Arthur took board and made his way over to Karakura, Japan with his daughter, Carmel. He met people online who visited and also lived in Karakura and decided that it was suitable for him. The education was deemed phenomenal and that is exactly what he needed. He travelled to Karakura, leaving behind his mother and two sisters for a much better quality of life.

He found a job at the age of 25 as a Janitor for the school of Karakura. He stayed here for three years - until the age of 29 - and has now decided to use his Bachelor degree in Criminology to seek out a job within KHS. He found himself easing away from the difficult past. He is currently waiting on a response for his completed application.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
My motivation to apply for this position, I believe is derived from the passion I feel from KHS's community. I've been apart of this family for an extended amount of time. I have been since the middle of 2019 and have adored it ever since

I am also an individual who enjoys caring and assisting other people and finds enjoyment in this. Therefore, this role is certainly suitable for someone such as myself.

I am also motivated to apply for this position due to the possible challenges and obstacles I may face. I am a practical individual and I don't like it easy. I know the demanding and difficult challenges roles such as this one can bring to the table, and I am willing, and of course able to meet to the high standards required from a worthy candidate. I hope to make new friendships and bonds with people from this possible experience and further boost my reputation within this community.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

N/A.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
From a moral standpoint I'd prefer not to say that I'm, 'unique' or generally should be seen as 'better' from other individuals applying for the position of a Librarian, but I do believe that I have a few unique qualities which could make me stand out in a crowd of applicants, this being that I'm incredibly dedicated to the work I feel passionate about, such as an occupation like this one and that I am willing devote my time, and certainly, effort to.

Here are some of my personal attributes which could put me at an advantage:

Communication
Firstly, why is communication important for an efficient team? Communication acts as the heart of a team. Communication allows individuals to express their thoughts, and opinions on a certain matter. It is used in most roles within the school faculty, including a Librarian! Without communication, everything becomes 'messy' and unorganised. Talking of organisation. . .​
Organisation
Organisation is key within a functioning team. Organisation allows you to take the time to appropriately plan and execute without making costly mistakes. Organisation prevents confusion within a team, which further leads to adequate results / outcomes. I have encountered scenarios where I have been required to show an extent of organisation. Organising efficiently allows you to have more time to actually carry out tasks with a comforting ease. This applies for any sort of team.​
Self-Discipline
Having self-discipline can allow you to stay focused on your goals and achieve them. Self discipline means that you are able to unconsciously obey orders and instructions from those you look up to and who are above you. Simple acts of self-discipline could be, making sure you arrive on time to an event, it involved any habit which is beneficial to you, and / or someone else. Self-discipline is vital, especially in an environment like the school owns. In such a stressful, and difficult environment, self-discipline allows you to not rely on other people to care, and look after you. . Kind of like a child. In an actual occupation, you are required to have responsibility to carry out simple tasks and instruction without question.​

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Librarian! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread