players online

Denied Librarian Application

6tc

Level 2
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
NoSkillLOL
Ranilo
6tc (Account I am applying for this to be)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes, my username is: NohScillEloL#2355

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
EST

Describe your activity on the server:
I am online almost every day for at least 3+ hours. I am homeschooled so on some weekdays I can hop on when others may be at school irl. Although, a couple of days of the week I do have to go to my part-time job but I still tend to get on after work.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
No.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
I am applying to become a librarian. Someone who helps students borrow books from the library and get library cards. The role of a librarian is to keep records of books students have out and write new files as students create an account in the library upon purchasing a library card so other students may get out the same books. A librarian creates a space where students can read books or study in peace. As part of being a librarian, they are expected to help keep organization and order to the library as well as the whole school, in being a school faculty member.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I first started roleplaying about 2-3 years ago; I roleplayed a little bit on SRP and other places as well. I was not too serious about roleplaying back then. I quit for a bit but then began roleplaying again around July 2021. Since then I’ve roleplayed some basic positions around the server such as a sibling, daughter, and team member. I was on the Bobcats swim team and track team before but left due to my past schedules.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
APPEALS
6tc
https://schoolrp.net/threads/inactive-apartment-owner.43029/ [REVIEWED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/apartment-unclaim-due-to-inactivity.42910/ [ACCEPTED]

APPLICATIONS
NoSkillLOL
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.40517/ [DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-language-application.40685/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application.45063/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/height-application.46083/ [ACCEPTED]
Ranilo
https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-language-application.47707/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/romanian-language-application.47706/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/height-application.48414/ [ACCEPTED]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
6tc [12th-grade]
Ranilo [10th-grade]
NoSkillLOL [12th-grade]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
My character would nod then tell the student not to use foul language. My character would not appear phased by the insults but would be mindful not to let the student curse on school grounds or disturb any other students nearby. If the student would continue to be disruptive to the area, my character would remove them from the area and attempt to explain why the student should stop. He would then ask the student why they began creating a commotion and attempt to understand from their view; before debating whether the student’s opinion would be justified by their reasoning.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
My character would rush over to the students immediately. He would then tell the students to stop fighting and attempt to get between the students or pull them away from each other. If after multiple failed attempts, they continue to fight, my character would try to get help from another school faculty member through the radio system to calm the situation down. Afterward, my character would get any injured students to the nurse’s office to be treated and ask any students around where the fight was to disperse in a polite manner.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
My character would tell their coworker they should not be involving themself in that kind of behavior, especially at work. He would then attempt to stop them from continuing what they were doing. If they continued he would react differently depending on the situation. My character would remove them from the area if students were around, he would then proceed to stop them from continuing their antics.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
My character would interact with his coworkers if any were there. He’d greet them with a smile and a hello. He would talk to them for a bit and make small talk. If they seemed interested in the conversation then my character would begin to ask them somewhat more personal questions but still socially acceptable. If they seemed uninterested or busy, he would stop there and carry on with tasks that would be done if no one else were in there. If no one else were there, he’d make some coffee and look through some files he would have brought with him to check if there would be any overdue books.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me would nod to the student with a smile before he'd get out of his chair and walk over to the filing cabinets. He'd grab an unused library card from the storage chest. He'd put a number onto the card and take out a file from the cabinet and write something down then put it back and walk back to the student hand them the library card.
/me would take the library card and look at it for a second before walking over to the storage chests and digging through it for a second; then pull out a book. He would return to the counter and hand the student their library card back and the library book they had requested to borrow.
/me He’d nod then give the student a smile before motioning behind the student to their right and left at the bookshelves. He’d first motion to his right at the titles of the educational books. Then would motion to the left where the titles of the fictional books would be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In-Character Section
Full Name (First & Last only):
Anthony Salisbury
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.
Preferred Name:
Mr. Salisbury

Age (Minimum is 25):
Religious Denomination:
Atheist
Marital Status:
Single

Academic Degree:
Masters
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Library and information science
Minors:
Cataloging and public speaking

Nationality:
French
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan
Native Languages:
French
Other Languages:
Japanese

Backstory

I was born on May 17th, 1985 and born in Sarthe, France. Growing up, my parents wanted me to take etiquette and hospitality classes. I found myself becoming very polite and mature from this which lead to classmates believing I was boring and stuck up. Since I am an only child, I often took walks and explored town while other children my age played. As my teenage years crept up on me, I began to borrow books from a local library and read them to fill time. I enjoyed going to the library because the library staff ensured that the building was tranquil and organized.
I graduated from high school in 2003. As most of my classmates chose their career paths and colleges they wanted to study in college, I was left without a clue for what I would do. I began to study towards pursuing a business career. After one year of classes towards an associate’s degree in business ****ytics, the realization quickly hit me that business was not something I wanted to be a part of in the future. To my parent’s disappointment, I dropped all of my classes and took the rest of the school year to decide what I wanted to do. There were many different week-long classes I took to find an interest. Over the summer, I decided it would be best to help at a public library doing menial tasks such as putting away books and wiping off any dirty tables throughout the day. I watched the librarians as they worked a lot. The atmosphere was soothing and work became my safe space despite all the mishaps that happened whilst on the job. It was nice helping others find books and my interest began to shift to becoming a librarian.
The next fall semester, I found myself returning to college. I had issues with my previous professors so I decided to transfer to a different college. I studied towards my bachelor’s degree in library and information science; while I minored in public speaking. I continued on for my master’s degree in library and information science. While getting my master’s degree, I minored in record management. I finally graduated in 2010.
I decided to apply to my local library, which I had worked at before, right after I had graduated. Most of the current employees knew me and vouched for me. I learned quickly due to my past experience and observation there. Sadly, in 2021 the library was shut down due to maintenance and funding issues. I decided to visit some relatives in Japan after employment. They lived near Karakura and told me good things about the school. Upon hearing things, I fully moved to live with my relatives and applied to Karakura High School. I made sure to ask my previous bosses for a recommendation letter to present on my resume. I still live with my relatives in a neighboring town to Karakura but I’ve already paid for a yearly train pass to get to work every day if I were to be accepted to Karakura.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I enjoy working with others in a public library. Sometimes the library I used to work at had conventions or book readings for students to stop by after school while picking up for an assignment. I found it was quite fun and more lively to help out groups of students visiting the library. Although sometimes they could get a little loud and disturb others, I managed to find an in-between so they could still have fun while learning or reading. After visiting a relative in a neighboring town, they told me about their children's succession at Karakura. It piqued my interest and I've heard wonderful things about the school's community. I believe it would be nice to help students focus on learning while keeping a kind and fun atmosphere.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
My experiences with past library systems have given me familiarity with the way libraries have been run. Whilst working in a library, I’ve learned to be quick on my feet when unfortunate mishaps occur. I do my absolute best to maintain a positive space for all during work. Although I do not have experience in a school environment, many students from my previous job would come to the library I worked at.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extra
Additional notes about your application:
⛧There was a French application I made, it was accepted but I was unable to find it. It was for the account 6tc.
⛧I made a new forum account for each minecraft account I have so previous applications are all spread out through forum accounts
⛧Due to my home life I am unable to speak often while in voice calls.
⛧Thank you for reviewing my application.

Do you have any questions?:
No.

Last edited:

suneaterchan

Level 105
Thank you for taking the time to apply! Unfortunately, today, your school employee application has been
DENIED.

- YOU MAY RE-APPLY IN 30 DAYS

- Good luck in the future if you choose to re-apply!

Users who are viewing this thread