Kasien

Level 40
kasien
kasien
Notable
IGN: squallyyo

DATE: 5/17/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Adding loans to Srp. For example, you could take out atleast 1k-30k out of the bank for you to spend, you could take the loans out of the bank at the Karakura bank at the shopping district, but there would be a time limit on how much time till you would have to pay that money, like if you didnt give the bank the money when the time ran out people would come and major or hurt your character, but greenies cannot take loans out of the bank, only grade 12's, college students and other older people can do so.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Would make it realistic as it is irl, and would be really cool to add to the game. It would also add more players to visit the bank once and awhile making more roleplay opportunitys!

Infi

Level 127
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
You’re able to create a loaning business on SRP and advertise it yourself, however I don’t think the bank would ever implement loans as it can be heavily abused, let alone allow people to major each other over it

Kasien

Level 40
kasien
kasien
Notable
You’re able to create a loaning business on SRP and advertise it yourself, however I don’t think the bank would ever implement loans as it can be heavily abused, let alone allow people to major each other over it
I understand about people abusing it or using it for majors, but I'm saying when people have been grade 12 for awhile will be able to take a loan out of the bank. Also, random people will not use it over majors, basically maybe like a gang or a party that staff have approved of should be able to major the people not paying the loans.

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't think that there should be any sort of "official" loan sharking tomfoolery on SRP that works in the way you described, or just in general. You could probably make an argument for such a thing if the server's focus was on criminal activity, but the main focal point is the school aspect; there isn't any reason to implement something that doesn't complement academics when you can already do it on your own, assuming you can gather the funds and/or connections to make it happen.

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Instead of an official system, it should be player-ran. But you may say "Oh, what happens if they don't give the money back? I'd have perms, but my character isn't like that!". Here's your solution:
1. Make them sign an official contract for loans + interest, saying that if they fail to give the money back within X time, they'll be sued
2. Wait the agreed time
3. If they don't pay you back, go to the town hall and sue them for the money they owe you
4. Repeat

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
1. Make them sign an official contract for loans + interest, saying that if they fail to give the money back within X time, they'll be sued
2. Wait the agreed time
3. If they don't pay you back, go to the town hall and sue them for the money they owe you
4. Repeat
2. Wait the agreed time
4. their character is dead.
5. you lost your money
6. never repeat

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
2. Wait the agreed time
4. their character is dead.
5. you lost your money
6. never repeat
Even if this happened, staff can assist with IC bank force-transactions. If you suspect someone's doing this on purpose, you can report them for creating throw-away characters. Even if they don't show up to court, we will still be able to force the money out of their bank account

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
we will still be able to force the money out of their bank account
what if its not in their bank account and is in their hand ICly? Player A Could take a loan of 3 million yen and put them in a duffelbag and even though Player A signed alot of papers, somehow succesfully dissapears and Player B now lost 3 million

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
At that point it's a far-fetched situation. Police will also be on your side to manhunt them. Police will know where they live, and check past CCTV everywhere to find where they are. Not to mention that, even if they're masked, law-enforcement can check IDs and unmask people. So yeah, it'd be pretty difficult to escape that, even if you fail to show up to court

Besides, if you don't show up, your property is getting seized and the items inside will now pass onto the person that's filing the lawsuit. There are a lot of counter-measurements when it comes to people who don't show up to court

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- Unfortunately, whilst this idea would help a lot of newer players out, I don't think this would work out very well being server-ran.
- A player-ran verified/crime business could be created for this purpose if you'd like to do so. (Talk to NoZinth for Crime | Aania for Government)

Users who are viewing this thread