LOOC Lock Suggestion

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
IGN: jeemay
DATE: 27/4/21
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Something I'd like to see change about chat is an option to do /looc with no text after it to lock yourself in LOOC so anything you type goes in LOOC, then doing the /looc again to switch back to RP chat. Again, this is something FRP already has and it just makes sense to have it instead of constantly having to do /looc (message) over and over. This can be extremely handy when you're not RPing and just speaking in LOOC or discussing something about an RP situation when in PauseRP like a GangRP situation or such. That's about it, nothing much to be said more about it.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
-1/+0.5
As somebody who's usually forced to use /looc for quite a while, I can say that it's just a matter of getting used to this system. It is true that it would make some things easier to solve, but expecting the whole community to adapt themselves to this system without any flaws would be incorrect, not to mention that this would require a total re-work of the current plugin, as it would need to change the player's channel, which, in the current version of SRP, doesn't exist

Nonetheless, it could be useful when trying to get new players to get used to the system of typing LOOCly, so I think it might be useful for that, though, again, it is up to the ones managing the server resources

R3d-Ish

Level 4
-1/+1
I'm still adapting to doing /looc, but to be honest it's not that hard. I've seen people accidentally talk in "IC" chat instead of /looc accidentally, but it's happens 1/100+ messages meant to be sent in /looc. If this is a plugin that is on edge of being added, I'd say there should be two alternatives for both kinds of players (I'll talk more about this in a second). It can be beneficial for players who are in "PauseRP" when they don't want to type /looc every time, but this can also be troublesome for people who RP while trying to talk in /looc and it can lead to more complaints than favorites. Like others as well as I now have said, it's not a hard concept to get used to but it definitely takes some time, maybe a few weeks to a month and possibly more.

Alternatives
Now to discussing the plugin if it was to be added 1: I would want to ask on behalf of myself as well as others that an alternative be added. What I mean is that a command such as "/looc lock (alongside /looc unlock)" to be added for the people that want the /looc lock to be added instead of the regular /looc (message). 2: Another alternative that can be added is still keeping the same commands (like /looc "locks/unlocks you from/in looc" and /looc [message] "which will not lock you into looc but just put your message into looc". What this is suggesting if you need a bit more of an explanation which will be more complicated than the first alternative but a little more useful, /looc will be locking you in looc chat as well as unlocking it so you can talk in "IC" chat, but for anyone who doesn't want that they can just do the normal command which is /looc (message) without having them locked in looc.

If you feel like you want/need any further explanation, feel free to shoot me a dm on discord!

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
-1/+1
It might be beneficial at a certain extent, yeah but the thing is... It's not as much of a hard task to write 5 characters in chat, and as Yonio said you get used to it.

qbigail

Level 77
+1 / -1
I'm neutral on this, I don't know how to feel about it. So, I'm going to tackle it from two different perspectives.
CHEER ACCOUNT
I find it immensely annoying if I am roleplaying in areas such as the Frat or Sorority when I am trying to indulge in a roleplay and people are wanting to talk to me in /looc whilst being in the vicinity of me. Then, I have to quickly type /looc whilst being in roleplay chat too!
KPD ACCOUNT
I was pondering upon this and came up with an issue. It may just be me overcomplicating this, I apologise if I am doing so. I am quite an airhead and can forget to do things, I feel like if I have to quickly switch from each I would forget and end up typing an action in /looc...

Thank you for reading my input & writing this suggestion.

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
-1/+1
I find this unnecessary, as for one; What if you forget to do /looc and you are locked in looc for a good while so when you go and chat for RP you are locked in looc until you do /looc again. 2. Why can't you just do /looc whenever you need to say something in looc. But on the second hand it would be nice to do /looc and it locks in so that when you are trying to use looc you don't use /ooc. But I feel like also when you start with it you will forget that it locks you into it. And also will you still be able to do /looc and say something without locking in or do you have to lock yourself in to type in looc. If you have to lock yourself in everything then I see that just a waste of time.

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
+1/-1

POSITIVE :
The reason I could find this useful is it would avoid many MEANT FOR LOOC!!! Moments. Explaining incidents via LOOC on my EMS or Council account, or discussing things with my friends is when I'd personally find it beneficial.. Especially frustrating when I fail to type /LOOC and pull a /loco or /oloc

NEGATIVE :
A flaw I see within this is accidentally sending a message in LOOC. Many, including myself in the past become flustered or frustrated easily when messing up an action. This proves to be even MORE detrimental if our characters are arguing and I accidentally send the insult in LOOC, which can easily be taken out of context and have a toxicity ban thrown right at someone.

The concept is good but comes with flaw, as any does.

Ducks

Level 124
Owner
Duckings
Duckings
Denied
Unfortunately, SchoolRP has been used to this chat system for a long time now and we fear that many players who aren't accustomed to roleplay (as they didn't apply to join) may be stuck in certain chat modes.

Users who are viewing this thread