mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Lore Team Application || Ajfresh47

Ajfresh47

Level 3
IGN:
Main: Ajfresh47
[Alts: Ajfresh82, Ajfresh44, Ajfresh2465]

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
The Kawaii Cuddler#4835

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via Discord?
I sure do and I sure can!

Your time zone and current country of residence:
I am in the United States in the EST time zone.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Indeed I do.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
I've had a bad habit of procrastinating over the years though I rack that up to be a mental health problem that I'm working on. There is also the common writer's block but nothing a cup of tea and some music can't help. I'm not currently in school nor am I employed, though I am trying to get a new job soon. Besides those factors and maybe some days when my physical health stops me, I am dedicated to this role.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Admittedly I was more of a math kid growing up due to having issues with my focusing skills during classes, but I nonetheless love a good story. Whether it's a page-turning mystery, an exciting fantasy adventure, or the cheesiest romance you've ever seen in your life that wants you to puke. Each writing work has its purpose and history, regardless of how in-depth it may be. Even with my issue of settling down and committing to writing out my own stories, I nonetheless continue to try for a love of good literature.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I have been roleplaying as a general idea since I was first a teenager, starting, funnily enough, on Minecraft servers. From that to official Discord servers and goofing around with friends, there is always some form of a story running through this little head of mine. Creating the backstory behind a character is one of my favorite parts of the process. Each person and creature, fictional or not, have a story to tell in some way, shape, or form. The thrill of piecing together the puzzle never gets old!

Of course, I also had my English classes, as does everyone, where I had my share of creative writing prompts. Essays were usually not my forte, but when the assignment was to write about a topic of interest or something to have my freedom with I had little to no issues. I had room to flourish and create a story I wanted to tell rather than be forced to follow a certain guideline. I've since grown from that mindset but I still enjoy creating an enjoyable piece of writing nonetheless.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is what gives any piece of art, writing or not, a proper story to behold. It allows the audience to involve themselves in the emotional tale the creator wanted to share with the world; providing details unknown to the public eye.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.​

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

"Trouble in Paradise"
(Word Count: 1099)

The creaky apartment door shakes and groans as metal sounds came from it swinging open. Asuka stands in the doorway with her eyes closed and a relieved look on her smiling. She wouldn't let her rough day stop her from having a relaxing evening in the comfort of her new home. With a list of things she wanted to do beginning in her head, the young woman shut the door and kicked off her shoes without taking a proper look. "Suni? I'm home!" She calls through the echoey walls. She listened for a response as she slipped off and hung her jacket, though only a nearby groan was heard.

The noise had caught her attention, turning to finally take a proper look at her surroundings for the first time. Her eyes fell on her younger sister, whom she adored and cared for more than anything in this tortured world, asleep and sprawled on the couch. A water bottle barely hung from her hand off of the couch with another sitting on the table.

Immediate worry settled into Asuka's mind as it feared for the worst, rushing to her sibling's side and ensuring that she was breathing. She moved to grab the bottle from the girl's hand but paused as a strong scent threw her off for a moment. Confused, she looked down at the container of clear liquid and brought it closer to her face to inspect only to gag at the strong smell emitting from it. Vodka, no doubt. She quickly grabbed the full bottle sitting on the table and opened it to examine it, discovering the same smell.

Asuka scoffed while putting both down and turning her attention to Koma, a look of both care and disappointment clear on her face. She was aware that her sister drank, having rummaged through a few of their things and found the stash, and yet the sight of Koma like this made her sick. Now angered, the woman shook the young girl awake as calmly as possible to the annoyance of the second party. Koma's eyes slowly staggered open and she sat herself up after some faulty attempts, looking over to who disturbed her peace.

"What the hell? I was sleeping." She said in a quiet but still audible voice.

Asuka now looked more annoyed than before, holding up the bottles she had found. "What on earth do you think you're doing? You do know you can be fined, arrested, or hospitalized for this, correct?"

"Can you quiet down? My head is fucking pounding.."

"No, I cannot “quiet down”. Now answer me dammit!"

Koma's eyes roll, full of spite, while standing up from the couch with a groan. A slow hand ran through her matted hair as she looked into the distance and thought of a response. Having come up with nothing, she chose to instead shrug with a laugh. "Don't be such a loser, Suka."

The older sister just sat in shock for a moment, unsure if she had heard the woman correctly. “How old are you, twelve? This is serious!” She yelled with anger as she moved to shake Koma’s shoulders, looking deep into her reddened irises. “You're eighteen, Komatsuna. Do you realize how much trouble you and I would get into if the police were informed?”

Yet again, the girl’s eyes roll, this time with more malice, breaking free of her sister’s hold to stumble her way to the stairs. “Then I guess I’ll just keep hiding it, huh?”

Asuka watched her sister nearly trip over her own feet and felt something within her snap, her hands balling into tight fists and her voice raising. “Do you actually think this is what we wanted for you when you left? What we hoped you would live like?”

Her steps stopped abruptly as she turned back to face Suka with a tired glare. “No. But life doesn’t exactly give you what you want, now does it?”

“Do you realize how devastated Mother would be if she knew about all this? Our brothers? Neighbors? And what about Dad? He'd be so-"

“Well our dad is dead you dipshit!”, Koma interrupted without hesitation, the mention of their father only pushing her further over the edge. The volume startled the older woman and caused her to take a step back while Koma continued. “We watched him get his brains blown out, remember? So who the fuck cares?”

Asuka felt her heart rate accelerate. “I care, Komatsuna! Dad’s death was a traumatic experience, trust me I know. Hell, I'm still dealing with Mom's fragility after it all. But this is no way to handle it!"

The girl stared at her sister for a short moment before suddenly laughing. Not a quiet, shy sort of chuckle. She grinned from ear to ear as a loud and almost maniacal laugh erupted from her to the point she was holding her stomach and tears are sitting in the corners of her eyes threatening to spill. Now whether those tears were of laughter or sorrow, neither girl was completely sure.

After what felt like hours, she finally managed to calm herself down, now just looking at Asuka with a sickly smile tugging at her lips. "Ah, excuse me, princess. But maybe you should wipe the bullshit from your eyes. I HAVE no other way to handle this. Sure, moving here was probably a huge fucking mistake. And sure, I'm most definitely killing myself slowly but surely. But when that bottle is in my hand? That's the happiest I've been in YEARS. Isn't that nice?"

Asuka only stood there.. not saying a word. What was she to say? It was obvious Komatsuna needed help but at this stage would she even listen? 'No..' She decided in her head. And rather than comment out loud, the woman scoffed and walked toward her younger counterpart. The two bottles of alcohol were shoved into Koma's hand before Asuka rushed to tug the items back on. Her mind and soul were too cloudy to stay right now.

Komatsuna only laughed again under her breath, gripping the bottles like letting go would kill her on the spot. "Classic Suka.. running away from her problems when she can't handle it. You haven't changed, huh?"

Without looking back to give her sister the satisfaction of seeing her sorrowed eyes, Asuka quietly muttered, "No. But you sure have." And with that, the door slammed shut; the saddened woman rushed down the elevator with tears burning her eyes and Koma simply making her way into her room to continue where she left off as if nothing happened.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

"Let's Play House!"
(Word Count: 1094)
Ah, childhood wonderment. Such a treat, is it not? That feeling of pure excitement and charm coursing through your fragile, growing frame. The never understood phenomenon of getting hurt, only to pick yourself up and continue as if nothing had occurred. The innocence of exploring this ever-changing world around you. Such days are cherished by all for varying reasons. And yet, this is rather tragically where many of us are at our most vulnerable. A youngling wouldn't know to not wander unknown places alone without the proper guidance. And alas, this is where our tale begins.

It was a warm yet breezy autumn day; the majority of the trees had yet to turn their vibrant colors but the grass was high. The chill of the wind sent pleasant shivers through those who refused to dress for the season in their short shorts and tank tops. Calendars marked the date, September 3rd, XXXX, counting down the days in anticipation. It was a bit early, but people certainly could not wait for the holidays to roll around.

A particularly curious spirit was that of a young girl by the name of Charlotte Moreau, a charming child with darker-toned skin and soft brown hair who simply longed for adventure. Her family had traveled to the small town of Karakura from their home in France for her father's new career as the newest addition to its hospital. A new beginning for the troubled members, what a delight! Charlotte couldn't wait to explore to plan the many activities she and her soon-to-come friends could do together. She called out to her mother, who was sitting idly in the kitchen, that she was going out to enjoy the weather, to which her mother made no reply.

The door of the home swung open harshly with the wind of the day pushing it open as it passed by. Charlotte's excitement sprung to life, carrying her through the luscious yard and down the street to start her wonderful adventure. Unsure of where she was going, her little skittering feet toured her around the block as she giggled in pure astonishment at the new experiences awaiting her. This happy traveling landed the small child in the metal opening of the forest she had spotted on the drive into town. With a skip, Charlotte made her way into the towering trees around her with widened eyes. She had never seen such a place cover the sky with the amount of greenery there was, how fun!

Of course, while the girl had a seemingly never-ending stream of energy, she did grow tired after running figure-eight-type circles around the woods. She had slowed down a great deal, and yet she continued to wander for a place to rest. The wind began to pick up a great deal at that moment, nearly pushing the little one off her feet in a direction of the forest she hadn't explored. Her feet complied and began to walk in the breeze's favor; how could she deny such a clear invitation? Once a good distance from where she had started, Charlotte rounded a rather large tree and gasped in curiosity as her eyes landed on her new prize. A perfectly carved wooden dollhouse.

Upon closer inspection, the house sat as if it were cemented to the ground beneath it. It looked more like a princess castle with its sculpted towers, angled spiral staircase, and various-sized rooms. In a few of the rooms sat a doll or two, also carved to perfection out of wood. The patch of grass it sat on appeared to be a much more vibrant shade of green than the surrounding area.

Charlotte took a few slow steps toward the wonderful new toy, a brilliant smile shining on her face as she kneeled beside it. Her hand reached for two of the dolls, a fair-skinned girl with long red hair and a shorter-crafted boy with scraggly black hair. She couldn't help but giggle at the creativity and obvious skill that went into them.

The wind had begun to speed up again, but this time... a voice came with it. 'Hello.' it called out, sounding similar to a fellow young girl. Charlotte's head spun around trying to find where it had come from, but no one was there. Nonetheless, she responded with a cheerful "Hello!" The voice laughed. 'I see you found my home... Would you like to play?' The naive child nodded and scooted in closer to grab the rest of the distinct-looking dolls. She moved each in the different rooms, playing a simple game of house with her newly made friend who was happy to tag along, even moving their people.

As a few hours passed and the sun began to set, the young child's mother called outside the door for her to come home, to no avail. In a new state of worry, she ventured out to find the missing child. Charlotte, meanwhile, had still been speaking to her friend without a care in the world. After a couple of yawns slipped out, however, she sat the dolls in the house's living room and stood up.

'Where are you going?' the voice echoed in Charlotte's head.

"I have to get home for dinner. Mother wouldn't be very happy if I was late."

'Don't you want to stay? We can continue playing forever.' It seemed to be enticing her, the wind keeping the young girl in her spot. She thought for a moment as the voice continued. 'Your parents wouldn't mind. We'll be.. the best of friends. You won't need to worry about anything again. We can have.. fun!'

The shrill voice began to sound more and more desperate and eerie, but the poor unassuming girl happily giggled and clapped her hands together in excitement. "Best friends! Forever! I like that!"

'Wonderful! Now.. follow me. I'll show you all the.. fun we can have."

And with that, Charlotte followed as her forever friend guided her deeper and deeper into the darkness of the night.

The girl's mother and father ran about the neighborhood, screaming for their lost child. Their neighbors even joined the search after hearing their cries for help. Alas.. she was nowhere to be found.

To this day, if you were to follow the same path that led that small girl to her eternal home, you'd hear the sound of distant giggling as the breeze passed. And if you happen to stumble upon the house that gave her such joy, you'll spot a new addition to the collection of dolls. One of dark-toned skin, and soft brown hair.​

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
We suggest you practice your sentence structure and diction. The second prompt is one that tells a folktale, a tale that is supposed to intrigue a reader.​

Users who are viewing this thread